JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I know not everybody travels, but for those that do, especially for golf, fitting enough stuff is never easy. One of the things that I have really grown to love are packing cubes. They come in all shapes and sizes, and many have unique features.

Eagle Creek is a common brand and they have one line specifically that compresses to save even more room. I use their Pack-It line as well to help keep my stuff with less wrinkles (its not wrinkle free) and save even more room.

If you like a little more organization when traveling, look into them.

I have always looked at the eBags ones and thought about taking the plunge.

• Admin
I have always looked at the eBags ones and thought about taking the plunge.

Those are decent. I prefer the compression that Eagle Creek offers, but we just got GG the set of 3 from them and they work pretty well for pure organization.

I'm going to look into the Eagle Creek option. If you are looking for compression, make sure you get the right ones, as they have regular ones too at an attractive price. Going to start using this for my golf shirts and the smaller for all my kentwool stuff next month :)

I ordered a set of the cubes and folders from Eagle Creek last week after seeing you mention them in another thread. We will see how they work.

• Admin
I'm going to look into the Eagle Creek option. If you are looking for compression, make sure you get the right ones, as they have regular ones too at an attractive price. Going to start using this for my golf shirts and the smaller for all my kentwool stuff next month :)

I fit all of my underwear and socks into the small compression cube (i use the lightweight version).
I fit five 1/4 zips into the bigger one.

They came in a set for $30 I think for both of them.

I have used these a few times for travel and I have to say I love them. I can fit so much more into my carry on bag and it actually stays organized.

Just ordered a starter set of the Eagle Creek compression cubes off Amazon... I absolutely hate packing, moreso when both of us have to cram stuff in the same luggage. Hoping this helps!

I need to look into these because i notoriously over pack

I ordered some Club Glove luggage last year, and each bag had two packing cubes included in them. Honestly, I haven't figured out what to use them for. Keeping certain items separate, ok, but these don't seem to have any compression utility to them, and I was convinced I could pack my bags more efficiently without I them, so I simply stopped using them.

I'm comfortable with the concept of organized packing from my .mil days when home was where my ruck was. My wife isn't too keen on using any of my assortment of stuff sacs/compression bags when we travel so I will have to look into the Packing Cubes.

As most know you can pack more/remain organized longer if you roll your clothes, including underwear and socks. Apparently, blouses and skirts wrinkle easily when traveling (who knew?). A gal from my work who travels all of the time gave me the following tip:
Save your plastic dry-cleaning bags and to place each clothing item (shirt, pants, etc) individually into a bag then roll it. The thin layer of plastic between each layer of clothing reduces the amount of wrinkling.

I need to look into these because i notoriously over pack
Yeah, I'm that guy, too. Ask some of my past THP event roomies.

I use the ones from ebags. I got different colors for each family member. They are pretty cheap on sale and work great.

Lifetime guarantee supposedly as well.

Its a good price. However I dont believe its the Compression set, but rather than the non-compression set.
Yep, i was checking this out earlier. Non-compression. $30-$39 is in line for the compression set.

This seems like a really strange production. Wouldn't your clothes come out all wrinkled?

This seems like a really strange production. Wouldn't your clothes come out all wrinkled?

That depends on how you pack. Like any luggage really. Wrinkles come from friction so rolling or using a Pack-It can help.

I fit all of my underwear and socks into the small compression cube (i use the lightweight version).
I fit five 1/4 zips into the bigger one.

They came in a set for $30 I think for both of them.

i bought two of the folders based on your post last week. With the cubes and the 1/4 zips I am guessing you roll the 1/4 zips right? If so how have they come out? Do they need to be steamed?

I travel a lot to China and Southeast Asia and couldn't do it without compression bags. I use ZeroGrid bags. Just pack, zip and roll. I've seen them for @ $30 for a 10 pack, 2 small, 4 medium, 4 large.

i bought two of the folders based on your post last week. With the cubes and the 1/4 zips I am guessing you roll the 1/4 zips right? If so how have they come out? Do they need to be steamed?

Since I am OCD about wrinkles, I steam everything anyway.
With these I folded on the way up and am rolling on the way back.
For me its more about organization than anything.
The PackIt Folders do eliminate a large amount of wrinkles for me though.

I think I need to get some of these. I learned to roll my stuff when I was a kid while my dad was in the Air Force. He was always rolling and packing his B4 bag.

Since I am OCD about wrinkles, I steam everything anyway.
With these I folded on the way up and am rolling on the way back.
For me its more about organization than anything.
The PackIt Folders do eliminate a large amount of wrinkles for me though.

Thanks. I considered the packs but held off. I think I might pick them up as we have some trips coming this year

Its a good price. However I dont believe its the Compression set, but rather than the non-compression set.

How can you tell the difference? I looked over the description and could not determine anything at all about what determines a compression vs non set.

How can you tell the difference? I looked over the description and could not determine anything at all about what determines a compression vs non set.

From what i saw the compression set has an additional zipper around the outside that closes the pack tighter

Back