The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all exciting. I think they wanted to keep Winston in Koetters system and we're afraid of losing him.

But like you said he was hardly a success in college, and had some major problems with discipline while there. We will see but it looks like another bad hire in a long line of bad hires.
Yep. He's another in the long line of people who were brilliant while coaching Boise State but who sucked as soon as they had to play a real schedule.

I am excited to see Koetter bring Mike Smith with him as DC. That seems like it will make for an interesting dynamic being as Koetter was OC under Smith.

I am excited to see Koetter bring Mike Smith with him as DC. That seems like it will make for an interesting dynamic being as Koetter was OC under Smith.

And Mike Smith was a fairly successful coach in Atlanta so that experience will definitely help.

I caught a bit of Stephen A. Smith and his race baiting game essentially calling Chip Kelly a racist. There's no doubt the dude is weird, but a racist? I don't think so. It amazes me what some of these clowns say to get some airtime. Oh and don't get me wrong, I'm still on the fence about the hire and I'm just hoping the people who get paid to do all things football made the right decision. Go Niners!

And Mike Smith was a fairly successful coach in Atlanta so that experience will definitely help.
Yep, I'm hopeful Dirk will lean on his experience.

I caught a bit of Stephen A. Smith and his race baiting game essentially calling Chip Kelly a racist. There's no doubt the dude is weird, but a racist? I don't think so. It amazes me what some of these clowns say to get some airtime. Oh and don't get me wrong, I'm still on the fence about the hire and I'm just hoping the people who get paid to do all things football made the right decision. Go Niners!
Every so often Stephen A says something good. Then he goes off on his race BS and I remember why I can't stand him.

I'm liking Kelly more and more as I read what I can find. My number one reason currently: he's not Tomsula! He's far better than him and I think he brings Kaep back. I bet the Niners don't even worry about his $12M this year. They're still over $50M below cap with Kaep on the roster. I've heard they're going after Alshon Jeffery when they can. That would be a good signing IMO.

Also, Anthony Davis is seriously considering coming out of retirement to play for Chip. That immediately bolsters the O line.

There are negatives to Chip but once I thought about it, it's a great move

c2bee752fe7fe306bb708c9f6199b60b.jpg

Go Chiefs!

Patriots fans only drink bottled or draught beer .

Maybe Stella Artois, maybe Guinness, but Bud Light? In cans?

I don't think so.

What are we, savages?

Patriots fans only drink bottled or drought beer .

Maybe Stella Artois, maybe Guinness, but Bud Light? In cans?

I don't think so.

What are we, savages?

Yet they can't spell draught? Interesting

I caught the typo as soon as I read it, Wake. Well played beating me to the edit!

Pats fan when reading the current injury report.....

BbQKIjxIAAA8utH.jpg

The Internet is a cold place

69d6d75db50521418e81bd2848423475.jpg

Mike Smith on board with the Bucs as Defensive Coordinator.

Im happy with that hire.

Always liked Mike Smith here in Jac when he was DC. Only heard good things about him as a person.

Watched the Chief and Packers in Super Bowl I last night, this after having watched it live when I was twenty-years old.
We've got the Chiefs in Foxborough later on today.
Looking at the roster, they don't have a single holdover from yesterday's game.

Watched the Chief and Packers in Super Bowl I last night, this after having watched it live when I was twenty-years old.
We've got the Chiefs in Foxborough later on today.
Looking at the roster, they don't have a single holdover from yesterday's game.
Len Dawson is still with them. He's one of the radio announcers (analyst) for the games!

Read Hue Jackson isn't hiring an OC in Cleveland. He wants to call plays. I'm ok with that, but isn't that going to get in the way of running the team? I could see having the offensive play run through you, but to do all of the play calling? We'll see how it goes.

GO PACK!

Read Hue Jackson isn't hiring an OC in Cleveland. He wants to call plays. I'm ok with that, but isn't that going to get in the way of running the team? I could see having the offensive play run through you, but to do all of the play calling? We'll see how it goes.
Cant be any worse...right?

Cant be any worse...right?

It could. He could announce that they are signing Johnny doucheball to a long term deal and he will be calling the plays from he huddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back