Got it handed to me today.....

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
How often does polio strike? I couldn't hit my hiney with a 7 iron today. I guess we need one of these rounds every once in a while to remind us how good it is to play better. 7 over after the first 7 holes, two fairways and didn't even sniff a green. 5 over on the back, 35 putts. Had a few things on my mind and after years of playing golf I realize that with something on your mind, you're not gonna play a good round. Just tried to slow the swing down and go for the ride today. I ain't griping, I know lots of folks would like to shoot 85, but today I just didn't have it. Love the game more because of today's play. Can't wait till Thursday and have a good round.

I shot an 85 once...it was for 9 holes...
But hey these things happen to all of us. I do agree having other things on the mind is never helpful and always a distraction.

I know how you feel Mick. I felt the same only worse when we played a few months back...

I could tell you weren't on your game. Sure would like to play another round with you. I'll PM you when we have an opening on our group.

Golf is hard

Golf is hard
I think it's the most humbling of sports. About the time you think you got it goin ok, you're hittin it sideways like today for me. No team mates to pick up the slack, it all on you. You do it or you don't. It's amateur golf. :banana:

Some days it looks like I've never played before. One day I'm playing fantastic, bad weather layoff for 2 weeks and blam!!!!

I try a few different things to make it better, then I'm lost.

You'll get it back.

Jack

I had that feeling when I played SirHoselRocket this past weekend. Such a horrible feeling but it will pass. Tomorrow is a new day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just another reason to upgrade equipment!

If it were an easy game, we would all be getting paid to do it. Shake it off, get back out there, and have fun!

If it were an easy game, we would all be getting paid to do it. Shake it off, get back out there, and have fun!
Piece of cake War Eagle. Lookin forward to playing Thursday and swinging smooth.

My golf motto is "Enjoy what you're doing (playing golf), who you're with (friends), where you're at (a golf course) and remember at all times, it's a game."

Piece of cake War Eagle. Lookin forward to playing Thursday and swinging smooth.

My golf motto is "Enjoy what you're doing (playing golf), who you're with (friends), where you're at (a golf course) and remember at all times, it's a game."

The game will come around. Smile the next time you're out there, and think of us up in the Midwest, with white junk on the ground!

I think people take for granted how much focus golf actually requires. A lot of non-golfers look at the sport and think how easy it is. No one's trying to tackle you or any of that. What people don't realize is that it takes a lot of mental toughness to play your best for 18 holes.

I've been in that boat before. Shot a 95 one day and a 75 the next. Golf is a crazy hard game, no doubt!

Well, I guess the head cold I had Sunday thru Wednesday had an effect on my game. My equilibrium was off those days and nights, that may have caused the swings to be all over the place. Shot a better scoring round today and hit the ball from tee to green very well. Whew....... :banana:

Played last weekend not realising it was metres instead of yards Goethe first 4 holes may aswell have just gone home ruined my round

Steve

How often does polio strike? I couldn't hit my hiney with a 7 iron today. I guess we need one of these rounds every once in a while to remind us how good it is to play better. 7 over after the first 7 holes, two fairways and didn't even sniff a green. 5 over on the back, 35 putts. Had a few things on my mind and after years of playing golf I realize that with something on your mind, you're not gonna play a good round. Just tried to slow the swing down and go for the ride today. I ain't griping, I know lots of folks would like to shoot 85, but today I just didn't have it. Love the game more because of today's play. Can't wait till Thursday and have a good round.

I always say ..."if it was never cloudy or never rained, I wouldn't appreciate the sun as much"

But, who am I kidding? with all the BS philosophy in the world to help, I wont lie.....it still sucks anyway when things go bad..lol

But also fwiw (like you said) it must be great to shoot 85 and know that's one of your worst days. I wish I had that problem......... But of course I do understand its all relative.

In just happy to be in a position to play and enjoy the game. Regardless of score.

I'm just saying, having a bad round of golf occasionally is like having a cold occasionally. It makes you appreciate playing well, like a cold makes you appreciate normal good health.

Back