Transition
​Look like?

Last edited:
Do what?

Yaaaaaa....ok, so this?

tumblr_n8674hfVNY1rmbz5io1_500.gif

​Had a little image problem.

I get it. Flag from your home course?

PIN FLAG.....ya, all the courses around here are crappy, plain, mostly yellow and have a number on them.

Now I get it, pin flags.
I will find a picture and post it.

Got it

Yea no point in me posting a pic as my home course just uses red, yellow, blue, white, or orange, depending on pin position. all solid color with a black trim on the edges. Nothing special.

Mostly just yellow but 2 of my county courses use a checkered Black/white (sort of like an auto racing flag) and a white pole. To be honest its actually very difficult to see and quite annoying. Somehow it just has a way of bending in. One would never think blk/wht would blend in with anything among all the greenery but I'm telling you somehow these things are darn hard to pick up vs yellow. From afar people are constantly asking each other..."where's the pin?"

First fifteen holes have pool ball colors, solids and stripes. 16th has Ross clan tartan with no number. 17 has Cornish clan tartan with no number. 18 has club logo with no number.

Ours were just plain yellow, but now have changed to an FSU logo. Garnet for a front pin location, white in the middle and gold in the back.

5bpqfd.jpg

I've played in a golf league at the same golf course since 2004, and I have no idea what the flags look like. And now that I have ever distance measuring device available (watch, laser, etc), I don't really register anything internally with flags anymore.

Most of the courses I play, just have solid color flags. Most use 3 colors because they reflect whether the pin is cut front, middle or back.

c9825258ecf9f163d87c62c00ea2450f.jpg

West Point Golf Course - United States Military Academy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have a photo, but ours are red/white checked for front pin positions, light gray/white checked for middle pin positions, and blue/white checkered for rear pin positions. I'm not sure if they have a small logo in the center or anything.

Now that I think about it, we had white and garnet checkered flags until the new company took over and put out the all yellow ones that were just recently replaced with the garnet, white and gold flags.

Red for front pin
White for middle pin
Blue for back pin

Cool thread. Changed the title to eliminate confusion. Home course is closed for another 5 months but I will try to post a picture when I can.

Solid yellow for front pins.

Black & yellow checkered for mid pins

Solid black for back pins.

Has the course logo on it,.....just a large elongated S.....for Sienna Plantation

They are red, white and blue...for front, middle and back

2pops95.jpg

At my home course they are all just red. I had to actually think about it for a minute as I also have a GPS Watch and barely look at them.

Back