What would you call a hole in one on a par 5?

arwin

Reaction score
My wife often jokes around with me about naming the animals for scores under par...Birdie, Eagle, Albatross...

I know it's very unrealistic and unlikely, but what would you call a hole in 1 on a par 5?

We have:
-1 = Birdie
-2 = Eagle
-3 = Albatross
-4 = ???

Going with bigger birds, would the next one be an Ostrich? but they don't fly!
What's bigger than an Albatross? How about a pterodactyl?!?!

BTW, I don't believe in calling them double eagle etc....

full of ****

the bald eagle...lol

An Ace.

Impossible

condor

Unlikely. But probably just call it a Hole in One.

an Ace, HOI if I've seen it happen. If I didn't see it happen then I call FIBBER!

I think the whole point of a par 5 is built around the two shot at absolute minimum length. If we had a name for it, I suppose it'd just be ace... But more importantly, "Tee it Backward" hahahaha

I'd call it less likely than winning Powerball.

A hallucination.

As others have said, it's a Condor.

Oddly, there's a name for 5 under par, "Ostrich"

Presumably that's a hole-in-one on a par 6, or holing your 2nd shot on a par 7.

In any case, either of those would need some divine, or at least animal intervention. The only way I could see it happening is if you teed off, some critter picked up your ball, and happened to drop it in the hole. That would be a legal hole-in-one without you having to somehow drive it 500+ yards and hit the pin.

I'd call it less likely than winning Powerball.

on another note , I find it very amusing how many people run to only play the enormous jackpots and yet when its like 4 or 5 million its only chump change and they don't bother.
Kind of ridiculous if ya think about it. No?

a good fishing story!

A miracle!

Grizzly Adams had a beard (may he RIP)

Miracle?

Unpossible...

A dreamer haha. Like cookie added, ive heard it is called a condor as well.

Interesting...I thought I saw that the albatross had the largest wingspan for a bird when I was thinking about this, so I didn't think a condor was bigger than an albatross. I guess it is!

Second question then....You guys ever wonder what these birds even look like?

I've always known that an albatross is a bird, but I never knew what it looked like.

Back