PX Even Flow Black in the woods and PX LZ steel in the irons/wedges?

Reaction score
Handicap
Would this work? The website classifies EF Black as low/low and PX LZ as mid/mid. I am a high launch/high spin player typically. I have tried a bunch of shafts in the i210 head and the Project X LZ 5.5 outperforms everything else. More carry, more total distance, tighter dispersion.

I have played the HZRDUS Yellow and liked that, I tried the HZRDUS Black and that did not work out too well and I have tried the EF Blue and it was good but I think I gave up on it too quickly.

I do not have the ability to try the black beforehand. I am sort of self-fitting myself here and trying to plan for the future after I rehab a slight tear in my rotator cuff. It's getting better every day and I think I will regain some of my lost club head speed.

What do you think?

TYIA!

My question back would be why wouldn’t it work?

Just because you have different shaft profiles in your irons and driver doesn't mean it won't work. Paired with the right head, a good number of shafts might work. So, why wouldn't this work? Sounds like a fun combination.

It will work just fine. That’s my setup that’s in the bag right now.

That's what I have in the bag right now too.

It's a combo I'm enjoying quite a bit. I'm at my lowest handicap ever, after the switch.*

* results may vary. consult a PGA professional if your round lasts more than 4 hours.

Cool, thanks for all of the replies!

It just gets in my head when things don't match up like shaft profiles

Back