How can you tell the difference? I looked over the description and could not determine anything at all about what determines a compression vs non set.

The second zipper on my set is the biggest giveaway. Could still be compression, but in the picture I didnt see that.

I've been using Eagle Creek folders for years. Keeps my shirts winkle free. I saw a packing demonstration using them about 7 years ago and have been sold.

I've been using Eagle Creek folders for years. Keeps my shirts winkle free. I saw a packing demonstration using them about 7 years ago and have been sold.

What sizes are you using CPL?
I have the Medium, but think I want to add a small also.

What sizes are you using CPL?
I have the Medium, but think I want to add a small also.
I use the Medium. For polos I can get 6 to 7 shirts plus a couple of pants in it. With thicker winter clothing maybe 4 to 5 shirts plus pants.

For longer trips I'll use the folder just for shirts and pack the pants in my luggage on top of the folder. All this in a carry on luggage piece.

I use the Medium. For polos I can get 6 to 7 shirts plus a couple of pants in it. With thicker winter clothing maybe 4 to 5 shirts plus pants.

For longer trips I'll use the folder just for shirts and pack the pants in my luggage on top of the folder. All this in a carry on luggage piece.

That is what I have as well. I was thinking about using 2 and packing them less full, but I guess it doesnt matter that much since most are still wrinkle free.

We used cubes for the first time when we went to Rome. At first I was not sure it was worth the money but once I tried it, I think it is a great idea. I even use them for short 3-4 day business trips. Great investment.

That is what I have as well. I was thinking about using 2 and packing them less full, but I guess it doesnt matter that much since most are still wrinkle free.
Most of my trips are just 4 nighters so 1 works 95% of the time for me. I do recall using two mediums on a 7 night golf trip 4 or 5 years ago. Was playing golf every day so needed lots of shirts.

Never seen these before. Seem pretty interesting. I am a notoriously light packer. Used to be on the road 300 days a year when I was younger and got pretty good at packing.

This has been a great thread. Just in time for a trip next week.

I watched the Eagle Creek video on the compression ones. I saw they are in Stock at REI.

Will be picking up a full and half today.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

So how do these work? How do you compress the bags? How much do they carry?

Think of it like an expendable suitcase but in reverse. They don't shrink a ton, but save some room.

Think of it like an expendable suitcase but in reverse. They don't shrink a ton, but save some room.

Ok, so how many polls can I get into the large bag. I want to try and save some room and reduce wrinkles

Ok, so how many polls can I get into the large bag. I want to try and save some room and reduce wrinkles

Depends on garment. For me I use it more for organization than shrinking. I do use the Pack It for less wrinkles though

They look like they work very well.

Maybe Mike Dean should buy the Travel Bag version.

It is nice to put different types of items in different cubes. I compressed several shirts into one cube which was a tight fit. They could not move around inside the cube and had less wrinkles.

Thinking about giving the folder's a try. Have a trip coming up and wrinkle free shirts would be nice.

Guys recommend a medium or small? Hard to tell which would be the right size for dress shirts and polos.

I should have my compression cubes in a few days and will experiment with how much i can fit into them. Trying to travel light for the Kentwool, so hoping this will be incredibly helpful.

Stopped by REI this weekend and picked these up. The orange were on clearance sale so I picked up two.

They look smaller in person than they do on the video. But I'm intrigued to see how much space they save me in my rolling duffle on a 5 night trip coming up.

They came packaged in a full and a half.

a6877d97a83c35607ce5c4edf389faaa.jpg

Got a chance to use my eagle creek compression cubes for the Alabama trip and they were awesome. It's really nice having my shirts all together without lots of movement and my socks/underwear in the smaller. Want to get a few more of these for future organization for my luggage.

I'm going to have to check these out. I don't travel a ton, but enough that I could probably use something like this. I've always just rolled my clothes and haven't had problem but I could see these being helpful.

When you are going for 9 days plus and have 2 THP events sandwiched in there, fitting everything plus camera gear is impossible. So I'm going to try the space saver items and just doing pants it worked pretty darn well. This is 5 pairs

e4dee2cbb903595a7e4f984c59936c28.jpg

When you are going for 9 days plus and have 2 THP events sandwiched in there, fitting everything plus camera gear is impossible. So I'm going to try the space saver items and just doing pants it worked pretty darn well. This is 5 pairs

e4dee2cbb903595a7e4f984c59936c28.jpg

We always seen to fighting weight (50lbs) in the suitcase not space.
I'd guess if you are flying a better class that allows you 70lbs, this would help.
Do you have to bring some type of "Pump" to repack?

We always seen to fighting weight (50lbs) in the suitcase not space.
I'd guess if you are flying a better class that allows you 70lbs, this would help.
Do you have to bring some type of "Pump" to repack?

Yup it comes with a pump. Carry on doesn't necessary have a weight issue.
By doing something this way, I can fit my clothes in a carry on hopefully.
Then check golf bag and have tripod in the golf bag and carry camera gear.

Yup it comes with a pump. Carry on doesn't necessary have a weight issue.
By doing something this way, I can fit my clothes in a carry on hopefully.
Then check golf bag and have tripod in the golf bag and carry camera gear.

Ah-Ha...Good Idea!

Today we find out how well this is going to work. Here is 5 1/4 zips and/or sweaters. Normally a lot of room, but now next to nothing

1bc7bc8fdec0d3c62552b470681ec6c3.jpg

Back