What are you doing to keep your game in shape this winter?

HarryPotter

Reaction score
The weather has begun taking a turn here in Michigan and I know time is running out to play. It’s such a drag, especially after all the work we’ve put in over the course of the year.

I’m committed to working hard this offseason in order to keep my game in shape, so I want to know what you all are doing to do the same.

I’m going to be focusing on a few things: keep swinging indoors as much as possible, doing yoga to work on my core strength and balance, and possibly getting the super speed trainer to perhaps gain a bit of speed.

What are you guys and gals doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m gonna go to California with a great group of guys and play golf for a couple days!!

I’m lucky here that I’ll get to play through most of the winter, but it’ll mostly carpet putting and maybe some orange whip swings in the garage.

I’m gonna go to California with a great group of guys and play golf for a couple days!!

I’m lucky here that I’ll get to play through most of the winter, but it’ll mostly carpet putting and maybe some orange whip swings in the garage.

Lol GD peeps need not rub it in !

So stoked for you guys, though!

I don't really think about it much, but I'm still young and nimble. I'll take a few months off and come end of Feb/beginning of March, I am ready to hit the simulator close by and hit the ground running in the spring.

Same thing as last year (for the most part).

Indoor simulator league once a week. And probably another simulator session once a month or so.

Now that we've moved into our first house, I'm starting to hatch plans for an indoor putting green and a workout area in the basement. Hopefully I can see at least one of those plans through this offseason.

I have a lesson plan in place (bi weekly) as well as range time a couple times a week. I want to get my driver and irons more consistent this winter so that when the weather clears up I can focus more on the short game. Looking forward to my best golf next year!

Don't really do to much to keep my game in shape during the winter, which is probably why the beginning of the season is always so brutal for me haha! I got family down in Florida so I'll play during the holidays when I head down there but thats about it. Might do the simulators a couple times, but thats more of a drinking/hanging about thing with some buddies.

Lessons 2x a month
Golf Dome work
In the Gym 3x a week.

Need to sign up for my weekly sim league. Not as good as getting out there, but at least it's still swinging the club.

Lots of walking rounds. I will play down to about 35 degree temps or until snow hits. Then it is just swinging in the front yard. I am trying to find a beginner Yoga class this winter.

Does snowboarding count?

I play in a sim once a week for winter league and putt a bunch in my basement.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a lesson plan in place (bi weekly) as well as range time a couple times a week. I want to get my driver and irons more consistent this winter so that when the weather clears up I can focus more on the short game. Looking forward to my best golf next year!

I think I really need to get in a lesson schedule like you. I feel like having another set of eyes thru the winter months could be really key. I made huge strides this year and want to continue next year.

I haven't decided what I'm doing this year yet. Usually I do nothing but take a break for a few months. However this year I ended so poorly I may have to change that over the winter.

One of the area courses will let you play for free so long as there's no frozen greens. I played probably 10 rounds there over last winter.

I also go to the sim once a week for 2 hours with my kids and dad. We just use the range (I hate playing sim courses. I'll get stuck behind a tree with no way to punch out sideways and that'll drive me crazy). I usually go once a week after work there too for an hour. Either way I get in about 75-80 swings each session.

I'm going to rebuild my swing this winter. I've been a lost soul the last couple months on the course.

Golf. :alien:

Seriously though, back into my nightly putting practice as well as doing SuperSpeed all winter long.

I think I really need to get in a lesson schedule like you. I feel like having another set of eyes thru the winter months could be really key. I made huge strides this year and want to continue next year.

I tried doing that a couple winters ago and the problem was nowhere to work on what we were doing between lessons. Now that there are 3 more sims at our pro shop, hopefully they will be more available and I can consider it again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Using the Super Speed System. Well at least until January. After that, I won't be doing much of anything except rehabbing

I will probably break out the slacks in a few weeks and continue to play as long as its above 60 degrees. I would have to wear a windbreaker on the rare day it gets colder than that here.

I'll play whenever the weather is good and above 40 if not windy.

I do plan to do a Trackman session maybe once a month to try to gauge whether my dispersion is improving or degrading.

I work out every morning early and then do a spin class. I’m goibg to add more yoga and stretching to this. Going to Florida for the holidays and plan to play while there. I can usually get range time in during the winter months. Plan to play a lot in 19

Hit the simulator at least twice a week. While I am in there I track distances as much as possible. What I spend a lot of time on is half and three quarter wedge swings. Knowing the distances of these in between club shots can shave a huge amount of strokes.
When I have a good amount of data I'll plug it into my Golfshot app. It makes club selection purely based on numbers very easy and seamless. As you check yardage the club choice is right there.
On course I just live and die by those numbers and it pays huge dividends.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Keep playing. Temps are just now starting to drop into comfortable levels.

I'm spending time working out and building my core strength but also a lot of time on the simulator I set up in the garage with a propane heater for warmth. I may try the super speed system as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
35d7c2129efadaa3648a6d8a95358531.jpg

I'm spending time working out and building my core strength but also a lot of time on the simulator I set up in the garage with a propane heater for warmth. I may try the super speed system as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
35d7c2129efadaa3648a6d8a95358531.jpg

Which sim are you using ? Thoughts so far?

I'll hit up the simulator occasionally and so dinner indoor putting. Other than that I'm going to try to keep doing yoga 4 or 5 times a week.

Back