Do You Clean Your Golf Shoes?

Usually at the end of the year when I put them up for the Winter, and then again a few times through the season before big events where I want to look my best.

I usually wipe them down after each round. If very muddy/dirty they get submerged and rinsed thoroughly in the wash tub.

I usually get out the toothbrush and clean them before I go on a golf trip. Not after my daily play.
Every 6 months, I try to polish the leather golf shoes, but the lightweight mesh or synthetic shoes do not get that treatment.

Yes, when I get home after each round as needed.

Nope. Can't think of ever doing it

Periodically but only if I noticed they are getting real dirty

Occasionally just wipe them down with warm water

I wipe them down regularly. Every couple of months or so I clean them with saddle soap and polish them with Kiwi.

Probably not as often as I should, but since I ride a cart mostly, they don't need it as much as the guys who walk more.

Nope. I can't think of a time where i have ever sat down to clean them.

All the time, I like clean shoes and they look so much better when clean.

Yes. I don't shine them on a regular basis like I do my work shoes, but I do hit them with a leather cleaner/conditioner pretty often.

And shoe trees. Always use shoe trees.

I clean them as well as my sneakers. Thrown them in the washing machine, put it on gentle then leave them out in the sun to dry. Been doing it for years with golf shoes and sneakers, never had a problem. Come out looking great and smelling fresh. I'd say I wash them a couple times during the summer and once when the season is over.

About every other time I clean my clubs, I will clean the last couple of pair I have worn. Usually it's a hand brush and soapy water.

JM

Not normally. If they get muddy I'll wipe them down. I don't play in weather much, so they don't usually get too dirty.

I will wipe them down probably once a week. One thing I do have issues with are my feet sweat (tmi), and although I have several pairs they tend to start to get stinky. Anyone know how to
Keep them smelling fresh?

I do. Not every round, unless they need it.

I will wipe them down probably once a week. One thing I do have issues with are my feet sweat (tmi), and although I have several pairs they tend to start to get stinky. Anyone know how to
Keep them smelling fresh?

I posted above, I clean my golf shoes by putting them in the washing machine. Put a little Tide and set it to cold and gentle wash. I take out the insoles so they are separate from the shoes but I put them all in the wash at once. I have a pair of white TW 13's and white and blue Nike Lunar Controls. When they're done I put them outside to dry. I've been doing it for a couple years now and never had a problem. Every time I've done it they come out looking brand new and smelling fresh.

Rounding up my shoes now. Going to give this a go.
I posted above, I clean my golf shoes by putting them in the washing machine. Put a little Tide and set it to cold and gentle wash. I take out the insoles so they are separate from the shoes but I put them all in the wash at once. I have a pair of white TW 13's and white and blue Nike Lunar Controls. When they're done I put them outside to dry. I've been doing it for a couple years now and never had a problem. Every time I've done it they come out looking brand new and smelling fresh.

Rounding up my shoes now. Going to give this a go.

Fyi, I tested it on an old pair of golf shoes first to make sure I had the right settings. Once it worked on those I went with the newer ones and have't looked back.

Only when they're really, really filthy.

about every other round

I clean them every 90 days or close to that depending on usage.

Yes my nice pairs I do, I hate dirty kicks. I have a few pairs that I only wear when its nasty out and those I rarely clean. They're my mudders lol

Back