Cobra F8 or Srixon H65? - Need opinions

AUWU11

Reaction score
Handicap
7.2 GHIN
Hi everyone,

Seeking some advice and opinions. I'm in the process of buying a new hybrid. My top choice after testing is the Titleist 818 H2 21 degree. Seemed to have good control and accuracy with it, plus I like the more traditional old school look. After that, I'm torn between two clubs as my 2nd option - the Cobra F8 22 degree and Srixon H65 22 degree. I hit the Cobra F8 today and liked it for the most part. The rails on the bottom seem like they'd be helpful, but hard to tell when hitting off a mat in a simulator. However, seemed to have more side spin with the Cobra as compared to the Titleist. I was not able to hit a Srixon H65 unfortunately. The Srixon has great reviews and seems like a more simple club (which isn't a bad thing to me - I usually go for the more classic looking, simple style clubs). Maybe more comparable to the Titleist than the Cobra?

I wanted to seek some opinions. Cobra F8 or Srixon H65?
Anyone hit either or both? Thoughts/opinions on either or both? I'm a 13.6 hcp with a fairly steep swing if that makes any difference in opinions on which might be better for me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Seeking some advice and opinions. I'm in the process of buying a new hybrid. My top choice after testing is the Titleist 818 H2 21 degree. Seemed to have good control and accuracy with it, plus I like the more traditional old school look. After that, I'm torn between two clubs as my 2nd option - the Cobra F8 22 degree and Srixon H65 22 degree. I hit the Cobra F8 today and liked it for the most part. The rails on the bottom seem like they'd be helpful, but hard to tell when hitting off a mat in a simulator. However, seemed to have more side spin with the Cobra as compared to the Titleist. I was not able to hit a Srixon H65 unfortunately. The Srixon has great reviews and seems like a more simple club (which isn't a bad thing to me - I usually go for the more classic looking, simple style clubs). Maybe more comparable to the Titleist than the Cobra?

I wanted to seek some opinions. Cobra F8 or Srixon H65?
Anyone hit either or both? Thoughts/opinions on either or both? I'm a 13.6 hcp with a fairly steep swing if that makes any difference in opinions on which might be better for me.

Thanks!

The 818 H2 is definitely the best one between the 3. The H2 is more of a players hybrid and less forgiving than the Srixon or Cobra. If you're a consistent striker than get the H2, especially since they come with the premium shafts. I think the entire Cobra F8 line were phenomenal clubs. The hybrid is great and the most forgiving between the 3 clubs. It launched a little too high for my liking, but was the most accurate. You can hit that club safely from anywhere. The Srixon H65 was a great club too.

Just a suggestion... If you're looking at buying the 818 H2 they're still $279, I'd recommend looking at the new Srixon h85 series before deciding on the Titlesit. I traded in my 816 H2 for the current h85 Srixon. The Srixon head is slightly bigger than the H2, but they are both players hybrids in my mind. A little less forgiving, but if you're consistent with hybrids than they are not a problem to control. For me, the Srixon h85 coming with a Hzrdus black shaft was perfect

Back