LostDog13

Reaction score
Handicap
golf
Coming back to the sport after a 6 year hiatus, I wanted to do it right. I spent a couple of months researching clubs since so much has changed in that time, and the clubs I was using were 20 years old. I had decided on the Cobra F8 driver, Cobra F8 one-length irons, Cleveland wedges, and Ping putter. The first fitting was for driver and irons, and after swinging various drivers and irons I ended up with a Cobra Fmax OS driver, Wilson Staff D350 irons (6-gw), and Cleveland CBX 56 and 60 wedges. The experience really opened my eyes to the difference in clubs and shafts. A week later I went back to get fitted for a hybrid and putter, walking out with a Cobra Fmax 5h and an Odyssey Red Ball putter. I have to say that it was a great experience, and I don't feel like I'm fighting the clubs anymore. Still haven't gone back out to play a round, but have many hours on the range trying to get used to the new set up. Most of the grips on these are the standard Wilson Staff, found them extremely tacky and comfortable. This has really helped with being able to lighten my grip when setting up and in my back swing.

I say all of that to ask if any of you more knowledgeable and experienced ever had a similar experience in regards to club selection?

Back