Color on Ping G30 Ls tec

cmgolf

Reaction score
Handicap
Can't play during the winter and I didn't really like the look of my driver , so I changed it.
I used automotive paint and followed video instructions on a car paint website (robertspaintcare.com)
I don't know if the clearcoat will last or if ir will need a retouch after a certain wear but it will probably be my back up driver next summer anyway.I am waiting for the Bridgestone JGR.image.jpg

how do you show the picture rather than just a link ?

how do you show the picture rather than just a link ?

I always have the same problem when I post pics, too. So you're not alone.

BTW... driver looks good. I would think the paint will hold up (if you prepped it right) cuz it holds up in cars in more harsh conditions.

Upload the photo to Photobucket then open the picture. Click in the box at the lower right - like the third one down. This automatically copies the link. Past that link in THP thread.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
I know PING gets behind on things, compared to others, but I really hope they catch up with offering multiple finishes. There is literally no reason not to right now.

Looks good cmgolf! Does it hide the turbulators better?

I know PING gets behind on things, compared to others, but I really hope they catch up with offering multiple finishes. There is literally no reason not to right now.

Isn't cobra the only oem to offer free color choices ?

Callaway U Design is $50

Any other brand can be sent to Continental Golf for the color of your choice. Usually $60 and often $50 when they are doing promo's.

Isn't cobra the only oem to offer free color choices ?

Callaway U Design is $50

Any other brand can be sent to Continental Golf for the color of your choice. Usually $60 and often $50 when they are doing promo's.

I didnt say anything about free.
But some companies offer choices.

Yes, but they are still there:)

I didnt say anything about free.
But some companies offer choices.

Seemed like an unfair jab at Ping that's all. I could see if a majority of oems offered color options. But that's simply not the case.

I applaud Cobra and Cally (as a custom upcharge) for offering it but they are in the minority. TM, Adams, Mizuno, Srixon, Titleist, Wilson. No options with them either.

Ping is ping because it's boring, but like the classics it delivers. I like matte black.

Seemed like an unfair jab at Ping that's all. I could see if a majority of oems offered color options. But that's simply not the case.

I applaud Cobra and Cally (as a custom upcharge) for offering it but they are in the minority. TM, Adams, Mizuno, Srixon, Titleist, Wilson. No options with them either.

Seriously?
What jab? Three of their competitors offer multiple colors in many of their drivers.
Seems like a normal comment to say "Hey, I hope they catch up and do the same sometime soon" considering the entire thread is on colored Ping drivers.

I thought the Ping matte black was pretty sick looking honestly. The gloss finish you went to does look pretty sick though.

Realistically, in the past year, multiple OEM's have come out with lines with different color options.

Taylor Made - Black & White options
Callaway - U-Design (but before that, the blue of the BB, to the matte black of the GBB)
Cobra - so many options
Even Nike had the all Volt Vapor Speed.

Option wise though, some OEM's are pretty standard with what they do (not saying it is a bad thing, saying it is just what they do), and for me Ping and Titleist would fall in that. Black head on the driver, thats your option.

I would love to see Ping and Titleist have color options. Give me a green 915D2, I would be all over it.

It's a mustang 1967 nightmist blue finish:act-up:

Paint looks good, the clear should hold up with no issues at all.

It would be nice to see them and every other oem who doesn't offer color options to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a mustang 1967 nighmist blue:act-up:

Back