Breaking Down the Tech: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a fantastic video as it goes on! David is very candid here throughout.

The new Exotics EXS hits stores today and we wanted to dive into a bit more detail on it, so we sat down with David Glod, founder of Tour Edge to break down the tech.

What started out as a conversation on new features found in EXS, quickly became a candid conversation about aggressive pricing, comparison to other companies and a whole lot more.

Last edited:
Became a Tour Edge owner a year ago and I'm HOOKED on their products , going to get fitted for the driver very soon and fairway woods as well -these products perform outstandingly well

Very good job THP! As a ping guy, I got switched to a CBX 3 wood. It was in my opinion so much better than my ping 3 wood. Because of the performance of the 3 wood, I'm interested to now hit this driver. I also enjoyed him talking about hitting driver off the deck and almost back tracking and say well some people play that shot, shout out to JB!

• Admin
Very good job THP! As a ping guy, I got switched to a CBX 3 wood. It was in my opinion so much better than my ping 3 wood. Because of the performance of the 3 wood, I'm interested to now hit this driver. I also enjoyed him talking about hitting driver off the deck and almost back tracking and say well some people play that shot, shout out to JB!

Haha. After the cameras stopped, we had a rather lengthy conversation about it. David, like me, plays this shot once in a while too.

Haha. After the cameras stopped, we had a rather lengthy conversation about it. David, like me, plays this shot once in a while too.

Your reasoning behind it makes a lot of sense. I know I wouldn't have tried the CBX without being on the forums. Jman's review of the CBX had me go try it out. I appreciate you guys getting the people who make the clubs on camera talking about the product. I also think the 299 is a great price point and if word of mouth gets out that this a great product, I think it will help more people purchase it.

I think TE makes solid products and the driver looks great. I'm curious to see who is playing this on tour and see if it helps them sell more product, I know they have presence on the champions tour but not sure if that helps them sell products or not.

That is such a great price for this driver!! I really enjoyed listening to David Glod talking about it. I have not been a huge fan of the Tensei shaft in the past, but that was more my swing issues than the shaft when I look back at it. I love the looks of it and I really want to give it try.

I think TEE is smart to design a product that fits 75% of the recreational golfers, and pricing it so aggressively. In terms of tech it hits on a lot of trends and I'd expect it to compete with others. Some of the uphill battle is stores' willingness to push them into golfers' hands in to demo.

That’s a really great video. I love seeing the candid responses, especially about marketing strategy and pricing. It’s really a great price and I suspect it’s going to a fantastic performer for a lot of people.

Great Video and very Candid. Makes me want to try out the driver.

BTW Tour Edge launched a new website: https://shop.touredge.com/
It's really well done. You can customize your club and order it directly.
They even give you a receipt date on the Driver -
30 Day Play Guarantee as well.

Enjoyed the video, and their approach to pricing and understanding the market.

David was not exaggerating when speaking about the looks, feel and sound of this driver. Had I not known the price point going in, I would have thought it was another $500 driver. Nothing I saw or felt when getting fit for it indicated that it was inferior to the drivers with a much higher price point.

That’s a really great video. I love seeing the candid responses, especially about marketing strategy and pricing. It’s really a great price and I suspect it’s going to a fantastic performer for a lot of people.

I was not expecting the candidness in all honesty. Not because a lack of transparency, David has always been great with that, just because it felt real while filming it and I really enjoyed that part of it.

David was not exaggerating when speaking about the looks, feel and sound of this driver. Had I not known the price point going in, I would have thought it was another $500 driver. Nothing I saw or felt when getting fit for it indicated that it was inferior to the drivers with a much higher price point.

How is this one different from you Epic would you say.

How is this one different from you Epic would you say.

Will not really be able to say until I get some quality time with the EXS. Will be a little longer before I get it as I got an email earlier that 3 of the Recoil 80 shafts are on backorder. Obviously, moveable weights vs. the sliding weight on the Epic. From what I can recall, I didn't feel nor hear a significant difference between those 2 aspects of the the EXS and Epic. I was showing better carry and total distance numbers with the final version of the EXS than I ever saw with the Epic the few times I hit it on a launch monitor. Never was fit with a particular shaft for the Epic. Just did plug and play.

Enjoyed the video. I hope the driver is a success for TEE. More competition in the market is a good thing for consumers. I am happy with what I have in the bag now, but if I were looking, this would be one I would have to hit.

TEE produces great products that always seem to fly under the radar. Hopefully, this driver will help raise awareness among the general (non THP) golfers.

ETA: I wonder if the stores/fitters will "gloss over" the EXS driver in favor of those that they make higher margins on?

I loved that video.
I really hope the driver is a huge success for TEE. That just might force the bigger companies to come back to earth with their driver prices.
In my opinion they have lost their marbles when it comes to charging $500 for a driver.

I loved that video.
I really hope the driver is a huge success for TEE. That just might force the bigger companies to come back to earth with their driver prices.
In my opinion they have lost their marbles when it comes to charging $500 for a driver.

Thanks Drumdog, it was fun to film.

TEE produces great products that always seem to fly under the radar. Hopefully, this driver will help raise awareness among the general (non THP) golfers.

ETA: I wonder if the stores/fitters will "gloss over" the EXS driver in favor of those that they make higher margins on?

I’m kinda wondering if the store margins aren’t similar on this and other higher priced drivers.

I’m kinda wondering if the store margins aren’t similar on this and other higher priced drivers.

Percentage wise definitely similar.

Great video. I assumed the fairway or hybrid would be the club I'd first try out of this line, but I'm quite intrigued by the driver.

Got to watch this finally.

I want one. It’s on my must hit list, I’m super curious.

I really like the direction of this release! The new tech and aggressive pricing really has my wanting to give it a rip!

Back