TaylorMade Rory Junior Sets

Love the look and sound of the clubs, but the pricing seems a bit high for junior sets.

I purchased a similar set to the 8 plus, during the summer in Top Flight for 159. I don’t think brand name is much of a factor for junior sets and young kids just getting into the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The price point to me isn't that bad. It's in line with most major manufacturer's junior club sets. Cobra's junior set goes for $500, Ping's junior sets go for even more than that. So it's a bit more expensive than some other manufacturer's, but I don't think it's at all beyond the pale. I wouldn't buy it for a kid's first set, but as an upgrade for a kid that's already pretty invested, it's pretty economical.

The price point to me isn't that bad. It's in line with most major manufacturer's junior club sets. Cobra's junior set goes for $500, Ping's junior sets go for even more than that. So it's a bit more expensive than some other manufacturer's, but I don't think it's at all beyond the pale. I wouldn't buy it for a kid's first set, but as an upgrade for a kid that's already pretty invested, it's pretty economical.
I dunno. I guess I just look at it and know I could build something similar or better for probably a quarter of that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Smart marketing, a good long term play.

Sportbike = Ninja in a lot of people's minds.
Copier = Xerox
Tissue = Kleenex

Get the kids playing because they like Rory, with a TM set, and they will be partial to TM their whole lives.

Love seeing stuff like this. What's the swing weight? Haha. Most JR clubs are terrible.

I don’t see how this can be anything other than a win for Taylor Made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, am I going to be the first to crack a joke about Rory's name being on a putter?

I'm a fan of companies trying to make some of their junior sets a little more appealing. Not crazy about RORY being plastered all over the place, but I do like that they are including the St. Bernard headcover.

Agreed

I think this is a great move by TM. Like Dean above I don't love RORY being everywhere but I do love the driver head cover. Its too bad they only do 2 sets, I'm in the market for clubs for my son for Christmas (he's 14) I'd consider giving these a look if they were his size.

If they made these in your son’s size and if the prices were the same what would make you go with this vs US Kids?

I'm a big fan of this on all fronts. Anything these big OEMs do to energize kids is great. Well done TaylorMade and also it's a good move for Rory's image with the kids going forward.

Agreed

If they made these in your son’s size and if the prices were the same what would make you go with this vs US Kids?

For me I think he would appreciate being able to identify with a name he would recognize at his age more so than something that would seem more like starter set. That’s why I think they should go older. At age 8 he wouldn’t care what brand they are

What took them so long? ;-)

also, is everyone going to think every kid is named Rory and is rocking custom sets with his name plastered all over every club? LOL

Man, am I going to be the first to crack a joke about Rory's name being on a putter?
I was thinking maybe he should try this putter out himself.

I think this is a pretty cool idea. If my son was old enough I'd definitely consider picking up a kit like this...but I wouldn't ever let him use a putter with Rory's name on it lol.

pretty cool but looks like my sons phenom set just different color scheme

Back