TaylorMade Rory Junior Sets

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Collaborating with Rory McIlroy, the company is putting out the new junior sets.

285920-RoryResize-684f28-original-1531949881.JPG

DRIVER
At 16° of loft and 400cc in size, the Rory titanium driver was designed to instill confidence and be easy to hit and produce high launching drives off the tee. A high-quality, high-performing product created specifically with the junior player in mind.

FAIRWAY & RESCUE
The fairway and Rescue in the Rory Junior Golf Sets were created to bridge the gap between the driver and irons with easy-to-hit, forgiving performance from a variety of lies on the golf course.

IRONS
Made from 17-4 stainless steel, the irons in the two sets were strategically developed with loft configurations that help launch the ball high and straight. The 4-plus set features an iron loft 2 degrees lower than the 8-plus set to encourage higher lofts for easy launch for the younger player.

PUTTER & WEDGE
Among the most important skills a junior golfer can learn are the fundamentals of putting. The center-shafted mid-mallet putter was created with short-game development in mind by way of higher stability combined with easy alignment. For greenside chipping and bunker play, a 54°/56° wedge will help make this critical part of the game easier to learn and have more fun.

286859-OSN03050-679fdc-original-1533314111.jpg

AVAILABILITY & PRICING
Available starting December 7, Rory Junior Golf Sets are available in two set configurations for boys (4+ and 8+) and one set configuration for girls (8+), each created for a specific size and age range of player. Both sets include graphite shafts that have been flexed specifically for junior swing speeds. Additionally, each set also includes a special St. Bernard headcover, inspired by the headcover found on Rory's M3 driver.

8-PLUS SET
Both the Boys & Girls 8 Plus set — designed for ages 8+ and 52" to 60" in height — includes 7 clubs + bag at an MSRP of $399 USD:

400cc Titanium driver — 16° / 39.5"
3 wood — 24° / 37"
5 Rescue — 30° / 34.5"
7-iron — 36° / 32.5"
9-iron — 44° / 31.5"
Sand wedge — 56° / 31"
Putter — 30"

4-PLUS SET
In addition to the 8 Plus set, a 4 Plus set will also be offered, designed for players aged 4+ and 42" to 52" in height — includes 5 clubs + bag at an MSRP of $299 USD:

400cc Titanium driver — 16° / 33.5"
5 Rescue — 30° / 29.5"
7-iron — 38° / 27.5"
Sand wedge — 54° / 26"
Putter — 26"

I'm a fan of companies trying to make some of their junior sets a little more appealing. Not crazy about RORY being plastered all over the place, but I do like that they are including the St. Bernard headcover.

I think it makes a ton of sense. If Cobra made a Rickie jr set, I think it would sell like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is a great move by TM. Like Dean above I don't love RORY being everywhere but I do love the driver head cover. Its too bad they only do 2 sets, I'm in the market for clubs for my son for Christmas (he's 14) I'd consider giving these a look if they were his size.

• Admin
I think it makes a ton of sense. If Cobra made a Rickie jr set, I think it would sell like crazy.

They do actually. Comes with the flat bill driver headcover too.

Oh wow didn’t even realize that. That’s cool, too.

I actually quite like the look of this story set and I know a lot of juniors look up to him so it makes a ton of sense.

Solid looking kids set. Definitely more for the serious kid player than the beginner or less serious, but not a bad price point.

It’s a little Rory heavy in the branding but not terrible.

It works and a good way to get kids started. Not a bad price for what it is.

My son is a huge Rory fan. He'd love this, and the 8+ price point isn't terrible.

The headcover is a nice touch, and this set should sell well for TM.

It's great having these companies create junior sets vs. having the parents try to cut clubs down, worry about swingweights, etc....

I'm a fan of companies trying to make some of their junior sets a little more appealing. Not crazy about RORY being plastered all over the place, but I do like that they are including the St. Bernard headcover.
This pretty much sums it up for me

This is one of the cooler things I have seen in a while when it comes to junior sets. BRILLIANT marketing strategy IMO.

I'm a fan of everything that I see here.

I like it. I like it a lot. Just a touch too soon for me to buy right now :)

This is one of the cooler things I have seen in a while when it comes to junior sets. BRILLIANT marketing strategy IMO.

I absolutely agree. This is pretty badass

I like it. I like it a lot. Just a touch too soon for me to buy right now :)

They probably won't fit you by the time next season rolls around anyways... ;)

Love the look and sound of the clubs, but the pricing seems a bit high for junior sets.

I purchased a similar set to the 8 plus, during the summer in Top Flight for 159. I don’t think brand name is much of a factor for junior sets and young kids just getting into the game.

It's a great strategy by TM and I'm all for anything that will help grow the game. If gaming Rory junior clubs appeals to kids, just like the Rickey JR set Cobra has, then go for it! Price isn't too awful either.

I think this is a smart move, as younger fans gravitate towards rory for popularity they should draw in some nice junior sales, that headcover won't hurt either!

This just makes a lot of sense to me. Great move TM.

The headcover is a nice touch, and this set should sell well for TM.

It's great having these companies create junior sets vs. having the parents try to cut clubs down, worry about swingweights, etc....

Very easy to source Jr shafts to do it right. Jr clubs are probably the most fun to build and deliver. The look on a kid's face when he hits the club you made the first time is priceless.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I was gonna ask why TM thought that lower lofts would encourage higher ball flight, but then I saw the specs and noticed that the description was wrong and the 4+ set actually has higher lofts.

Looks good and could be a deal depending on price point. EDIT: Just saw the prices. I guess it could be a good deal for someone making 6 figures plus.

Last edited:

I completely agree with this. I love that they are doing this but it could be a little lighter on the Rory design.

I was gonna ask why TM thought that lower lifts would encourage higher ball flight, but then I saw the specs and noticed that the description was wrong and the 4+ set actually has higher lofts.

Looks good and could be a deal depending on price point. EDIT: Just saw the prices. I guess it could be a good deal for someone making 6 figures plus.

It wont be in everyone's budget, but it's far from being that limited of a market. It's also not far outside of the price point of those similar sets offered by Cobra or US Kids.

I'm not sure I love seeing Rory plastered in huge lettering on everything, but the headcover is a cool touch. Even if it encourages 1 kids to pick up a club, it's a win.

I believe I’ve also seen a young girls set with Lexi Thompson on the box too.

Back