Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Wedges Review Thread

After talking to Vrska last night im kinda pondering these and i had 0 plans on messing with my wedges

After talking to Vrska last night im kinda pondering these and i had 0 plans on messing with my wedges

Oh Gawd. I'm happy with my wedges. I should just avoid this thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vrska is a rock star. The industry will see it at the PGA show. It is Wilson Staffs time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I see blue wedges, the more I'm starting to like them. Let's see how they compare to my black wedges made by another manufacturer.

Bought a 56 Traditional Grind and a 60 Tour Grind today in Gun Blue.

SO FREAKING EXCITED to get these in and throw some darts!

These along with the SM6 are high in my list to try

Stoked for you. Awesome.

It will be difficult for me to resist taking them out of the box and ogling them hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It will be difficult for me to resist taking them out of the box and ogling them hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
You're welcome to.

I loved the TC wedges but I made a mistake getting the Traditional Grind in the 60*. I like to open the face up too much and love me some heel relief.

Just got notice of shipment from RBG for the two wedges I ordered. Can't wait to get them and put them in play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping this one up because I finally got the chance to take these out on their maiden voyage. I didn't take any full swings with them but did use them for several closer pitches and greenside chips, and one bunker shot.

They performed quite well but my distances were off with them, which should get sorted out as I get more time with them. The ground was soggy and the wide soles were perfectly suited for the conditions. Nice solid feel and spin was good given they were partial swing shots. Getting out of the bunker was quite easy also. Looking forward to working these out more in the near future.

Tomorrow will be my first round with my new W/S PMP 56 and 60 TG. I'm pretty damn excited to put these into play and see what I can do with them!

Don't know how I forgot to update in here but I got some chips in with my 54* while in vegas. I also had a new MD3 I was trying out so they split time. I really have no negatives to say about the wedge. It spun a good amount green side and just had great feel around the greens. I got the traditional grind and when chipping in the fairway I enjoyed it a lot but think I would rather have the tour grind for more variety of shots. Overall it is a great wedge and I think an improvement over last year's traction control. Do not overlook this wedge if you are in the market for one.

First round with my PMP wedges today and I saw enough to know that these are going to be my gamers for the foreseeable future. The 60 Tour Grind was so versatile without sacrificing anything on longer swings. I didn't chunk a single wedge today with it and we were playing on some seriously waterlogged ground. Spin on full shots with these is unlike anything I've used before and I'll give an example. 110 yards downwind into a green, ball sitting in some wet nasty rough...hit a high 60 wedge that took one big hop and hit the brakes quick even came back to me a little.

The look at address is fabulous and it sits great behind the ball regardless of what you are doing with the face. The blue finish isn't going to last long and it's already marked up pretty good after one round, but once the wear evens out over time it will look badass.

First round with my PMP wedges today and I saw enough to know that these are going to be my gamers for the foreseeable future. The 60 Tour Grind was so versatile without sacrificing anything on longer swings. I didn't chunk a single wedge today with it and we were playing on some seriously waterlogged ground. Spin on full shots with these is unlike anything I've used before and I'll give an example. 110 yards downwind into a green, ball sitting in some wet nasty rough...hit a high 60 wedge that took one big hop and hit the brakes quick even came back to me a little.

The look at address is fabulous and it sits great behind the ball regardless of what you are doing with the face. The blue finish isn't going to last long and it's already marked up pretty good after one round, but once the wear evens out over time it will look badass.

Nice. I'm seriously looking forward to trying these out.

I definitely wqnt to try these more extensively this year. Should have just pulled trigger on rbg deal

I definitely wqnt to try these more extensively this year. Should have just pulled trigger on rbg deal

Yes. Yes you should have.

On the plus side the satin wedges are still $30 or more cheaper than the usual suspects.

Here are some pics after round #1 with these wedges. 56 was used 3 times and the 60 was used 15 times.

I love the look and performance of my Wilson FG PVD blue wedges. They do look good even when the blue starts wearing off.

I should add the the KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 is a freaking awesome pairing. Its everything I want in a wedge shaft.

W/S hit a serious home run with these!

I should add the the KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 is a freaking awesome pairing. Its everything I want in a wedge shaft.

W/S hit a serious home run with these!
Whats the weight on those shafts?

Whats the weight on those shafts?
Mine are the Stiff flex and are 125g. I believe the weight changes depending on flex...or the flex changes depending on weight.

The PMP wedges were fantastic again today and especially the 60 degree tour grind. I can hit whatever shot the situation calls for and the stopping power is ludicrous - granted we were on some soft greens.
I was afraid the low bounce on the tour grind would get me into trouble with our wet spring conditions but so far it hasn't been an issue.

The PMP wedges continue to shine and bolster the bottom of my bag. The ability to send the ball at a pin low or high and have it check up just the right amount is extrememly helpful, and the launch, spin, and stop on full swings is great.

The look of these might just be my favorite part. The blue looks awesome and the blue/grey hue once they start to wear also looks sharp.

Anyone have any questions or concerns they want me to answer?

Tell us more about full shots. What kind of forgiveness do you see out the clubs? Are distances consistent on full shots?

Back