Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

This is really interesting because of the thinner face, I'm genuinely surprised by this. Have you seen the spin rate spike via numbers?

Do you ever flip at impact?

I wouldn't consider myself a flipper. The sim I had access to wasn't showing me spin rate which was one thing I was dying to see! JohnSinVA is going to let me demo one of his KBS shafts so I'll really get a good idea now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are you saying because of the ballooning, you are seeing a drop in yardage? What you described is a substantial drop off in yardage. Curious are these with graphite shafts? Stiff or regular?

Specs for me were graphite regular flex. One of my fellow StaffProto guys is sending me a KBS shaft to try. Now I'll really get to do a good head on. I think this will be fun to see.

I just want to supplement my review a little. The C200 still wants to go straight but it can be shaped fairly easily if I am very deliberate with my swing path. I can now throw up a real nice draw with some regularity and feel very confident that it won't become a hook. Even with the long irons I feel confident that I can throw a nice dart into a green, as long as the user does his job.

In short, shaping the ball can be done easier than I gave the irons credit for earlier.

Not sure the Aldila Rogue weights for the A flex. Before I bought the A flex shafts blind, I'd ask what your swing speed is. My SS with my driver is around 90-95, and I can handle the R flex quite easily. If you're in that same ball park, I'd suggest you consider the R before the A, particularly if you're swinging R flex in the D200's. Wilson Staff is pretty good about responding to customer's on social media (particularly twitter) so I'd DM them.

Plus you're in my neck of the woods. On Monday I'm getting together with Bullitt to play Stryker. If you're around, let me know and you can catch the round with us and take a few swings with my clubs.

Duece or the Other THP Testers,
I have a question. Your handicap is similar to mine (I'm a 20) and I noticed you were fitted for the Rogue REGULAR flex shaft at 75 grams. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a set of the C200's and I'm considering the A flex. If the S flex is 85 grams and the R flex is 75 grams, do you think I'm safe to assume that the A senior flex is 65 grams?

I currently game the D200's with the EC Regular flex which is 59 grams I believe. I don't see anything on the Wilson web site that shows the specs on these yet.

Thanks.
RJS622

I just tried the demos in akron golfsmith...only had steel...any idea akron area to try graphite?

Just gonna repeat myself for a millionth time...and I apologize if this isnt the place. Wilson Staff Duo golf balls are my absolute favorite. Pair them up with your testing if you can demo them with the C200 irons. These golf balls are amazing. If you don't come out impressed with the iron you will at least with the ball.

I just tried the demos in akron golfsmith...only had steel...any idea akron area to try graphite?
Me and Mike dean have them in graphite. Make it out to one of the sim rounds we plan and you can hit as many as you want

The more I hit these, the more I like them. For having as much tech and everything that they do, they still really have a great feel to them. Provides all the feedback you need and has a nice sound at impact.

The more I hit these, the more I like them. For having as much tech and everything that they do, they still really have a great feel to them. Provides all the feedback you need and has a nice sound at impact.

Exactly. Well said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those that were part of the #StaffProto event, how many would you guess where 20+ HDCPs? Usually I don't fair well with less offset irons however what I read from Deuce, the tech really helps balance that out.

For those that were part of the #StaffProto event, how many would you guess where 20+ HDCPs? Usually I don't fair well with less offset irons however what I read from Deuce, the tech really helps balance that out.

I think Deuce was at the time. At times I play like a 40 capper.

The offset is there in the long irons where you would likely need it most. The COG is low enough and far enough back to get the ball up fast with less offset in the shorter irons.

I'm inclined to think that the offsets are very similar to the AP1 judging by the looks and comparing them to the C100.

Yeah, I was the only 20+ capper there :beat-up:

I was really worried about if I'd be able to game these clubs, but I think they work pretty well for me and I wouldn't let the categorizations concern you. These clubs are plenty forgiving. I would recommend a proper fitting, because I saw noticeable improvements - immediately - just by a change in lie angle, but otherwise I can handle these clubs just fine. If I can game them, you can game them.

I was hovering around a 17-18. These clubs are no problem for you and the beauty is that as you grow your game and improve, these clubs can get you to any level of play that you want.
My goal is to be down to a single HCP and these clubs will get me there and keep me there.

Flex

Flex

Not sure the Aldila Rogue weights for the A flex. Before I bought the A flex shafts blind, I'd ask what your swing speed is. My SS with my driver is around 90-95, and I can handle the R flex quite easily. If you're in that same ball park, I'd suggest you consider the R before the A, particularly if you're swinging R flex in the D200's. Wilson Staff is pretty good about responding to customer's on social media (particularly twitter) so I'd DM them.

Plus you're in my neck of the woods. On Monday I'm getting together with Bullitt to play Stryker. If you're around, let me know and you can catch the round with us and take a few swings with my clubs.

Thanks Deuce,

I think you're right. It's probably best to stick with the R flex. My driver swing speed is around 90 as well and have been playing the R flex in the D200's. It's just that old notion that as a senior (70 years old) one starts to think about lighter shafts. But it's not about age, it's more what I'm comfortable with.

I really appreciate your offer for Monday but this old man doesn't swing anything until the temps are at least mid 50's. :blowkiss:

Thanks again for the advice. I'll stick with the R flex.

75 grams is still pretty light. I realize I'm a young whippersnapper by comparison but I think you would do fine with them.

I know the fitter I talked with while demoing these at GS strongly recommended I look at R flex graphite in both the C200s and XR OS. Unfortunately they only had a demo C200 in S flex graphite. I may take a drive to another store that normally has more W/S options in stock to check on graphite with my swing there.

I love this thread. Everytime I check into it, there's more great feedback on these.

Interested in those who were fitted at StaffProto event. When you were fitted for length, what were the parameters that were used? My height is 5'8" and my wrist to floor is 32.5". If you go by fitting charts, it recommends -0.5". The 7-iron length on C200s is 37.5" which is rather long for all manufacturers. Not sure if I just want to whack off 0.5" before knowing how the fitters determined when you needed a shorter length. Thanks

Interested in those who were fitted at StaffProto event. When you were fitted for length, what were the parameters that were used? My height is 5'8" and my wrist to floor is 32.5". If you go by fitting charts, it recommends -0.5". The 7-iron length on C200s is 37.5" which is rather long for all manufacturers. Not sure if I just want to whack off 0.5" before knowing how the fitters determined when you needed a shorter length. Thanks

I was fit into -.50" short... Duffy took a look at my contact on the face and recommended the -.50" short. He did not do any measurements or anything. I think measurements can be misleading. Go get fit! That is my biggest recommendation.

Back