Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like another solid putter line up. I know the previous HB putter performed very well for a lot of folks, these look like a very solid next step.

I like the idea of the different milling patterns for different head shapes, at least on paper.

I like the changes they made to the putter face, I'll be looking forward to trying it.

I'm not sure I like the design of the sole however, last iteration's looked better and cleaner IMO

I am going to keep an eye out for the blade designs and try to roll a few. I am curious to see just how soft the feel is. From the write up, it seems that soft could mean more forgiving for off center strikes, and that could be a great thing.

Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Putters

I was carpet putting a week or two ago with the original Elevado and still very much enjoy its feel. Curious as to the differences after a couple iterations.

I take it SOFT is similar to a variable face thickness along with milling differences to compensate for quality of strike? As someone who misses the center of the face with putter frequently, that’s a cool enhancement to an already stellar budget line.

In addition to the $10 personalization options, will upgraded grips be available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't tell from the pic if there is a new #10 mid mallet in the new lineup. If so, it will no doubt end up in my bag as the original #10 has been such a great putter for me. Looking forward to giving these a roll as soon as they hit stores. It's really a great collection and such at an incredible price point.

• Admin
I couldn't tell from the pic if there is a new #10 mid mallet in the new lineup. If so, it will no doubt end up in my bag as the original #10 has been such a great putter for me. Looking forward to giving these a roll as soon as they hit stores. It's really a great collection and such at an incredible price point.

In the details section at the bottom it lists all of them if the picture is hard to see.
Right now I don't see a #10 in the list.

I like everything I see here.

I really think these are a fantastic value for what you get. The Elevado was a really solid putter and I really like that you can customize the colors, that's a cool little touch.

Satin TFI and Huntington Beach lines mix to create the HB SOFT

Im not sure I see where the Satin TFI comes into the mix?

the variable milled face, although I am curious as to why the per-model milling isn't on this release

the variable-by-model milled face

Gotcha. One being an insert and the other non, and so different I just don't see much of the same.

The other day I almost pulled the trigger on the satin TFI. Rolled it side by side next to the Huntington line and preferred its slightly softer feel with the insert. With this one being milled and having a similar concept to variable face thickness for putts hit off center, this could be a great putter. Price point is always a winner for Cleveland!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

When I read soft I immediately thought insert. The Huntington Beach line is one of the best values out there and this improvement looks to be very good. Personalization for $10? That is also impressive

My HB4 was a silly good putter regardless of price. Add the value factor in and Cleveland is really doing something special here.

Last edited:
These are such a good value. They look great and have carved a nice piece of business for themselves.

Yeah just go ahead and take my money. LOVE my HB1 so no doubt I am going to buy this one.

Great continuation of their HB putter line. I like how they are changing the milling based on putter heads, along with adding customization for only $10. This should be a successful putter line for them, good value for a milled face.

Looks like another solid putter line up. I know the previous HB putter performed very well for a lot of folks, these look like a very solid next step.

I like the idea of the different milling patterns for different head shapes, at least on paper.

Says the guy who refuses to buy or try a milled face putter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so I was mistaken a little bit. the new HB Soft does has the per-model milling, but it doesn't seem to get much focus this time

optimized_moi.png

tfi-2135-satin-moi.png

transparency messes things up but they're almost the exact same image

you get the face and face tech benefit of the TFI Satin, but without the floating face and raised line; a more traditional package

Interesting to see the 2135 alignment go away. The Elevado was a solid putter but I never could get comfortable with it. It was too soft for my liking which would likely make this entire lineup a non-starter. I will admit I like the face milling patterns they have had on their putter releases recently.

Interesting to see the 2135 alignment go away. The Elevado was a solid putter but I never could get comfortable with it. It was too soft for my liking which would likely make this entire lineup a non-starter. I will admit I like the face milling patterns they have had on their putter releases recently.

It hasn't gone away.
Two separate lines.

It hasn't gone away.
Two separate lines.

I'm not sure I understand. I don't see the raised alignment that was on the TFI satin series?

I'm not sure I understand. I don't see the raised alignment that was on the TFI satin series?

That is because they are two separate lines. TFI line of putters is still there and still in line currently with a price tag of about $149 (going off memory).

Back