Looking For Testers: PING Sigma 2 Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

i-n9dbSkD-M.jpg

The Putters
Hitting stores this week, the new Sigma 2 Putters from PING have a lot going on and come in a number of different models to fit every golf. You can read our full feature on them on the home page here.

Criteria
THP will select a group of 6 THPers to join our staff member @Jman in reviewing on the forum.
You must be a THP Forum Member
You must be active on the THP community
At the end of the forum testing, the putter is yours to keep.
RH Only for this testing

Testing Process
You will receive your putter and your job will be to test this out indoors and outdoors and give your thoughts. This is community testing and will need updates for an extended period of time (about a month or 2). Remember the only THP rules are honest feedback and the commitment to the review period. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out one of the many review threads to see how others have fared.

Signing Up
All you have to do is answer these 2 questions. You can find info about what putter is right for which golfers on their website here.

1. Which model above best fits your stroke?
2. Why does it best fit you?

That's it. Then sit back and see if you get selected and we will announce the testers next week and then get these putters shipped out to you.

Last edited:
These contests this time of year are a bummer for us northerners. :(

Good luck to everybody else.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I love the looks of these putters!! This is going to be a fun product to test for those lucky enough to be selected.
1. Which model above best fits your stroke? Arna
2. Why does it best fit you? When I was fitted for a putter using the SAM lab it was suggested that I use a mid mallet with a mid hang. Since I have gone to a similar style I feel my putting has improved. I also prefer a the Plumber's neck on the Arna.

• Admin
These contests this time of year are a bummer for us northerners. :(

Good luck to everybody else.

This one is less a contest and more a long term review, but they can be done indoors for those that have access to putting greens, mats, etc.

1. Which model above best fits your stroke? Tyne 4
2. Why does it best fit you? I tend to pull putts and need a heavier putter

Would LOVE the chance to test
as a certifiable change my putter guy, I would have to believe the Answer would be best, either silver or Black..
I can two putt from anywhere and the offset neck just has always seemed best for me, the straight blade lining up with my putting point, awesome

Excellent!! Looking forward to seeing the feedback on these!

This one is less a contest and more a long term review, but they can be done indoors for those that have access to putting greens, mats, etc.
True, I wouldn't feel ok about doing a review solely indoors, personally.

These putters look great. Ping did a great job on the looks of these putters.

1. Which model above best fits your stroke?

I am mallet kind of guy. I like the Valor because it is square-ish. I like the black because it is muted. No distraction.

2. Why does it best fit you?

My putting stroke is straight back and through. Never have putted well with a blade. The look of the Valor fits my eye.

Thanks THP and Ping!!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1. Ping Sigma 2 Valor

2. I was recently fitted for a putter with a 12deg Toe Hang for my stroke. While those putters are difficult to come by, a putter with Little to slight toe hang works just as good. The Valor will be put against my current gamer the PING Vault Bergen. I can compare differences in insert feels between the two amongst many other components.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wolverine H best fits me. Mainly because it's the heaviest offering, but also because I've been wanting to test out a plumber's neck after using a center shafted mallet for a number of years and I enjoy being different so the "off the wall" design will fit in well with my style.

1. The Tyne 4 would best fit my stroke.
2. Even after some setup changes I found my natural tendency is toward more arc in the putting stroke. I find that sometimes with my current putter I am feeling like I have to manipulate my hands some to square the face.

Whooooaaaaa great testing opportunity right here!

Thank you THP and Ping for the opportunity!

1. Which model above best fits your stroke? The ZB 2 would be the best fit for my stroke.
2. Why does it best fit you? 25% more MOI and specifically the
The heel-shafted weighting is engineered to fit players with more rotation in their stroke and those who have a pull tendency.
is exactly what I need with my current stroke right now to help me sink more putts.

1. Which model above best fits your stroke? Sigma 2 Valor
2. Why does it best fit you? I have a slight arc putting stroke and I tend to putt better with a heavier putter. This model is 365g which would help my putting stroke stay smooth just in case I get the yips during a round. The adjustable length also helps get that putter to 33" which has been the best length for me for any putter.

The anser for me,I have many of the 80's and 70's anser and anser 2 and always have done will with it and I have the evnroll 1.2 er so I could really do some real comparisons in New and old anser putters ,feel, strike , and roll and how the changed its better or not

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks THP!

1. Which model above best fits your stroke? Tyne
2. Why does it best fit you? I like the look/feel of a mallet and it gives me confidence when putting. I prefer a straight back/through stroke so this would be a great fit for me.

1. The model that best suits my stroke is the Anser (either platinum or the stealth model)

2. It suits me because it is for those with a moderate amount of arc in their stroke, and the shape also appeals to me more than the mallet models. Having the adjustability will allow me to get the same length setup as my current putter, although how it will feel in terms of weight is unknown

For someone who hasn't changed putters in 17 years, this might be a welcome change.

1. Which model above best fits your stroke?- Tyne

2. Why does it best fit you?- My weakness has been short putts and this head is supposed to be extremely stable on short putts.

Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to participate in this testing, if given the opportunity.

1. Which model above best fits your stroke? Tyne 4

2. Why does it best fit you? My tendency is to pull putts and the Tyne4 seems to fit my criteria.

Thanks THP

I'd love to throw my hat into the ring for this one cause the Tyne putter really intrigues me. Especially at 32" or 33"

But since I'll be going under the knife here in about 2 months, I feel that I just wouldn't be able to give it the proper review it deserves. But I will be following along with the winners no matter what as I really like the look & idea of these putters. Good luck to everyone!

1. Which model above best fits your stroke? The Arna

2. Why does it best fit you? It best fits because I am 100% the description. I have a slight arc, struggle with shorter putt confidence, and have some longer distance lag inconsistency.

What a great lineup of putters! I could see myself comfortable with a couple of these...

1. Which model above best fits your stroke? I'm thinking the Tyne looks to be what I would try first
2. Why does it best fit you? This style putter seems very similar to my current Odyssey Tank putter and since I have a pretty straight back and through putting style this putter would fit my game perfectly!

Thanks for providing the opportunity to test some great equipment for some lucky THPers!

The Tyne 4 would work best with my moderate to strong arc. I really like being able to game a large headed /moi putter that is not face balanced.

Also I think this putter would move into the bag seamlessly as I currently game a mallet that is not face balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back