Jordan Spieth Switches to the TS2

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
He didn't make the move to the 917 lineup, instead preferring his elderly, in golf club years ,915, but this week he has the TS2 in his bag. He has put the Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 6X and plays it at 45".

Did he play the 915 D2 so that makes sense! Curious to see how it treats him and what the reports are on any gains/improvements for him.

Be interesting to see how much distance he picks. He has never been "long" per say, but generally accurate.

Be interesting to see how much distance he picks. He has never been "long" per say, but generally accurate.

For someone not long, he still can fly it 280. That’s long enough!

must like what he sees with it to move on from a few generations removed product

Surprised he isn't as quick to adopt new equipment as some other pros, especially with his struggles last year

Is he though? That's a genuine question, but it seems like majority of the time they talk about his struggles off of the tee accuracy wise. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Didn't he have the 917 in his bag for a brief period of time? I am sure Titleist is hoping this is a long term change and not just a flirtation.

Is he though? That's a genuine question, but it seems like majority of the time they talk about his struggles off of the tee accuracy wise. I could be wrong though.

I don't think of him as being particularly accurate off the tee either.

Not surprised I’ve heard some pretty awesome stuff about this release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm not sure i would say titleist "needed" this, but they kinda seem like they needed this. it says something when your big names don't adopt your new releases. he didn't love the 716 ap2, or the 917 driver. having their most recognizable staffer in their new gear is a very good thing imho.

i really want to try this release. i need to keep an eye out for titleist thursdays. best trackman-assisted brand-gnostic fitting money can buy (it's free!).

Drives of 319, 326, 293, 296 seems to be a good start!

That says a lot to me since he only seems to switch to equipment he feels is better.

Any news of a putter switch this year? :alien:

I agree on the accuracy part. He can get wonky left and right. Just seem like when they refer to him, you hear them say he has never been long. I would be happy hitting consistently 280!!!

Any news of a putter switch this year? :alien:

Still not impressive huh? I thought I read yesterday that he started out well with putting, I haven't seen any coverage yet though.

Still not impressive huh? I thought I read yesterday that he started out well with putting, I haven't seen any coverage yet though.

When he's 136th in strokes gained in putting last season I don't think anyone was impressed.

I think this had to be an expected move. The TS line is really good.

As I read earlier today

Jordan_Speith.jpg

Was spieth following our Titleist Metal Woods event thread?

Must’ve been...

Was spieth following our Titleist Metal Woods event thread?

Must’ve been...

That’s my guess.

Club Champion fitting?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I saw the head cover for the TS2 before seeing this post. I know yesterday he had a drive that was over 330 yes. Seems like he likes it.

Back