The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my daughter to finally see Star Wars last night - splurged for the 4DX tickets, because I knew it would blow her mind. Movie starts, and we're 15 or so minutes in. Usher comes over and asks to see my tickets. Turns out, the cashier had sold me tickets, not for the 7PM show, but for the 12:50PM show from earlier in the day (note, I bought the tickets, asking for the 7PM show, just after 6:30PM). I knew we had to leave the seats for whoever had the correct time, but I was hot. My daughter started to cry, because she thought we weren't going to be able finish.

I (as diplomatically as possible, since I was incensed) apologized in advance to the usher and assistant manager, then voiced my displeasure. To their credit, they accepted responsibility and weren't sure how the cashier was able to sell tickets to me for a show that had already occurred. Unfortunately for them, their only solution was to get us two different seats to the currently showing pic. Yes, the showing we were now missing. I asked to talk to the manager or general manager. "She isn't here." Then please call her. So, they did. She was apologetic to me, and asked to be put on speaker phone. Instructed the assistant manager to put us in seats for the current showing, refund our money, and give us gift card of equal value, so we could see the movie in it's entirety at another time.

I was still hot, because my daughter was bothered by what went down, and missing part of the movie (one we were both stoked to see), but in the end I was satisfied that the general manager stepped-in. We enjoyed the rest of the movie, but now need to see it again to catch what we missed.

EDIT: No, I didn't even think to check the "time" on the tickets since I had just bought them. Lesson learned for me, too.

That's got to be frustrating my friend, but, at least you get another chance to spend time with your daughter at the movies!!!

Yep, and we'll take advantage of it. If you aren't there, already, Dan, you will be... You'll find when something/someone upsets your little one, you will have extraordinarily strong "Dad will protect" instincts, and sometimes, to be the good example, you gotta temper some of the things you really want to say. :angry:

Yep, and we'll take advantage of it. If you aren't there, already, Dan, you will be... You'll find when something/someone upsets your little one, you will have extraordinarily strong "Dad will protect" instincts, and sometimes, to be the good example, you gotta temper some of the things you really want to say. :angry:

Yeah, I'm probably just going to buy him some noise canceling headphones. My filter power is terrrrrrible.

Should have seen me at the doctors office forced to wait in a waiting area with sick kids for 1/2 hour past his appointment time. I was ready to roll someone.

I think the real rant would have been them offering you free hotdogs.

Hahaha! A can of #THPLegacy whoop-a$$ might have been opened! After I visited the restrooms.

The traffic in Sarasota university park area where we go to pick the dogs up rivals LA. It's just awful. I mean sit at every light for 3 cycles awful.

People at "shows" who walk as if they are zombies. Literally with no direction, paying no attention to whom is in front or behind them. Probably had at least 50 people just walk right in front of me at the boat show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People at "shows" who walk as if they are zombies. Literally with no direction, paying no attention to whom is in front or behind them. Probably had at least 50 people just walk right in front of me at the boat show.

You can sub the word shows with ANYPLACE.

Trip 'em then step on their back and keep going. I always want to do that.

People that talk so loud I can hear them over my head phones.

People that talk so loud I can hear them over my head phones.

TurnUpVolBlack.jpg

You can sub the word shows with ANYPLACE.

Brother I was losing my $hit. It was so annoying. And it wasn't like the place wasn't set up right. It's simple. Walk down one aisle then walk up the next, when you get to the end go the other direction and pass everything you missed the first time. No. Instead it was hundreds of people out for Sunday strolls. The worst is when they just stop walking all together and just stand and look

Brother I was losing my $hit. It was so annoying. And it wasn't like the place wasn't set up right. It's simple. Walk down one aisle then walk up the next, when you get to the end go the other direction and pass everything you missed the first time. No. Instead it was hundreds of people out for Sunday strolls. The worst is when they just stop walking all together and just stand and look

You mean like hte airport with people that decide to stop in the middle to look at their ticket...its awful how unaware so many are.

The traffic in Sarasota university park area where we go to pick the dogs up rivals LA. It's just awful. I mean sit at every light for 3 cycles awful.

You know my thoughts on what they did there. Terrible decision to build the area up prior to making sure roads can handle it.

You know my thoughts on what they did there. Terrible decision to build the area up prior to making sure roads can handle it.

We met the dog sitter at BJ's since she was driving up there. It took 4 light cycles to make a left on University Park, and another 15 minutes just to get on 75. You were right, they really screwed up.

We met the dog sitter at BJ's since she was driving up there. It took 4 light cycles to make a left on University Park, and another 15 minutes just to get on 75. You were right, they really screwed up.

And the project to fix it?? 3 years.

Ultimate fail.

I don't have to go back through, but thank goodness for pre check if I did

Pre-check is amazing, I was through TSA Orlando in 5minutes and not stuck in the ridiculous of those lines

Pre-check is amazing, I was through TSA Orlando in 5minutes and not stuck in the ridiculous of those lines

It's the best for sure. I do however get extremely annoyed when TSA starts letting non pre check travelers into the pre check line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's the best for sure. I do however get extremely annoyed when TSA starts letting non pre check travelers into the pre check line.

I'd prolly loose it if I saw that happen

The Official Rant of the Day

I'd prolly loose it if I saw that happen

It happens all the time in St. Louis and when I tried questioning it I stopped since TSA could just detain me for being a threat. They are the closest thing we have to SOUP Nazi in the United States. Most are good but there are a handful that seriously Abuse the power and questioning it results in the back room waiting for your lawyer.

Last edited:
It happens all the time in St. Louis and when I tried questioning it I stopped since TSA could just detain me for being a threat. They are the closest thing we have to Nazis in the United States. Most are good but there are a handful that seriously Abuse the power and questioning it results in the back room waiting for your lawyer.

I have to say, that might be the most absurd comparison I have ever heard in my entire life.

I would agree, but they waived me into that line once and man did I smile the entire time I walked by everyone else. Saved me... 10 minutes. The line wasn't that bad, and I had an hour to spare.

Pretty sure I'll be signing up for it prior to the summer. 85 for 5 years, that's a solid deal even for a once a year flyer.

I have to say, that might be the most absurd comparison I have ever heard in my entire life.

I couldn't think of a better word but I hate the TSA! It's crap to be threatened with arrest and detention for questioning an action that doesn't seem right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back