Balls for the display case: what qualifies?

I only have 1 golf ball and It's not in a case but sitting on a shelf. It's an almost mint condition Prostaff for the 80's with a double Jack Daniels logo I found on a golf course back in the 80's when I was a kid. The ball is about 35 years old. Just one of those things I don't know why I kept it so long but I did.

Besides my logo balls I have a Stars and Stripes Ball from the first time I played and didn’t lose a ball (9 holes though but it was still tough course). I have a couple balls from some tournaments I played in too. Really wish I kept my first birdie ball. Looking forward to growing the collection in the future.

Only ball I ever saved was walk-off HIO. Was 5-over for 26 holes and the ace took me to +3 for 27 - very good day. Yellow/Black Truvis sits in an acrylic box that my wife buried on a shelf in the den.

I have a row for some of the Truvis balls I collect. Other than courses I’ve played, I’ll put tournaments I’ve attended, or logo balls for places like the golf hall of game, caddy shack, and a few with the logo from colleges I’ve attended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have only one ball on display, my hole in one ball from two years ago. If I ever break 70, I will keep a second ball.

For a while I was putting anything in the 60s in there. Now I get a bit more picky and it's more like 65 or better.

One that marked my 50 birdies in 50 rounds challenge.
One that represented back to back eagles.
One that won my first HoF tag on THP.
My match against Harry on there.
Three from the Morgan Cup.
A ball that @Six4Three5 gave me when Cal was born.
One that I made @fupresti sign.
My 3rd place finish in member-member with my Dad.
And all my hole outs from 90+ yards.

No hole in one balls. I don't want to talk about it.

Sadly, all of my HIO balls, 3, were kept by an ex GF ....along with my 7 display cases when i returned from overseas. if i make another, I will keep it.

Sadly, all of my HIO balls, 3, were kept by an ex GF ....along with my 7 display cases when i returned from overseas. if i make another, I will keep it.

There's nothing 'sadly' about losing hole in balls....... I'd let them fall into the hands of a toddler with a mind for storm drains if it meant I had three of them hahahha

That does suck, but man, I'd take three without the balls right NOW!

Other than logo balls from courses I have played, I don't keep any other balls at the moment

The only ball I would keep would be from a hole in one, and if/when I ever get one, there will be a picture to go with the ball

Hole in one ball - but I'm still waiting for that to happen.

I don't currently have a display case but I'm starting one next year after winning one at a golf outing. I have saved a couple balls over the years. I'd say what qualifies for me is usually logo'd balls of something or someplace special.

I have 4 “accomplishment” balls. Two for the only times I’ve broken 80. Another for a HIO. And the last one when my best friend and I won a horse race at a member guest tournament. I will save the ball again for any of those accomplishments or better. Otherwise it does not really make the cut.

Back