Balls for the display case: what qualifies?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Not including any logo balls for a golf course, how does a golf ball make it into your display case?

If you don't have a display case, but save balls anyway, which ones get the honor?

I keep milestone balls (first time breaking 40 on 9, 80 on 18, best score at the time, first eagle, etc. Didn't save my first birdie because I didn't think of it at the time. Also kept the ball I played 183 consecutive holes with.

Of course, I always write on the ball the accomplishment and date.

I've only kept two balls over my golfing "career" (outside of logo balls or collectible balls). Only two that I've played rounds with. The first was from last year the first time I broke 90. The second was from earlier this year for my first hole in one.

Not sure what I'll ultimately do with them (right now they are just sitting aside), but like you I've dated each of them to have as a reminder.

I've kept all PRs since 2004. I've got balls with 77, 76 (+4), 75 (+4), 74 (+2), 73 (+1), 70 (-1), and 34 (-1) written on them. I also have a couple from memorable rounds. I don't display them though.

I've got balls played in events/tournaments that I've played in - Q STAR from the Morgan Cup, one of the balls my Regional Rivalry team got me as a gift, a ball that Alez had made for the PX event. Along with that, I've got a ball from my lowest 9/18 hole scores, and my first Eagle ball. Sadly, my hole in one ball went missing during one of my moves, so I'll need to make a new one.

I've kept a UST Mamiya logo ball that Danny gave me from the 2016 Shaft Spectacular, first eagle, a ball I played at the Morgan Cup, and one that was given to us at the Sweep this past year.

I've got the ball(s) that I first shot 90 with (Titleist Tour Distance 90) and the ball(s) that I first shot 85 with (Precept MC Lady). I have the ball that I shot, what I consider my best round ever, a +6, 77 with (Nike One Black). I have the ball that I shot a -1, 35 with (can't remember, but I think it's another Lady). Other than that, just any cool logo or ball that means something to me.

If you don't have a display case, but save balls anyway, which ones get the honor?

I keep milestone balls (first time breaking 40 on 9, 80 on 18, best score at the time, first eagle, etc. Didn't save my first birdie because I didn't think of it at the time. Also kept the ball I played 183 consecutive holes with.

Of course, I always write on the ball the accomplishment and date.

No display case

Milestone and special one off balls

ie eagle HIO even par 9 etc.

THP Legacy balls wolfcreek shaka vegas single chromesoft and a few assorted ones I only have 8-10 balls saved

I display the balls that I have shot par or better with. I write the initials of the course, score and date on them. Yup all 6 of them LOL. 4 of the 6 are from 20 years ago.

I display the balls that I have shot par or better with. I write the initials of the course, score and date on them. Yup all 6 of them LOL. 4 of the 6 are from 20 years ago.

Wow, only six pars or better in over 20 years and an 11 handicap? How'd you do that? I've got about that many eagles. :bashful: :clown:

Congrats! Wish I'd have kept more of my milestone balls, but I have a few.

Hole In One balls
Various Truvis balls
Cool THP event logos

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow, only six pars or better in over 20 years and an 11 handicap? How'd you do that? I've got about that many eagles. :bashful: :clown:

Congrats! Wish I'd have kept more of my milestone balls, but I have a few.

Rounds as in 18 holes, not pars or birdies. I will assume you knew that, and are just phucking with me.:D

My hole in one ball is the only ball that will get displayed. Still trying to find a decent frame for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a golf shelf on one of my bookcases with THP gear, Masters swag, tourney volunteer memorabilia, and some balls, including Truvis, THP events, one from our company charity event, and some milestone balls:

first time breaking 80 (79 - par 70)
first time breaking 80 on par 72 course (79)
subsequent PBs (76, 72)
my "eagle" (winter golf with temporary greens)

That last one will be replaced once I finally get one that I'm not embarrassed to claim...

I have one ball for the display case. I holed out for eagle on a par 4 from 145yds, which is also my PR for lowest score 75(+5). i will probably keep the ball i break par with when that day comes.

I have my breaking 80 ball. My HIO ball. My ball I used to win club championship.
Just some others that are feel good or sentimental.

Man, I’ve got a sweet display case my wife got me a couple years ago I just completely forgot about til recently. Really need to get it up

Man, I’ve got a sweet display case my wife got me a couple years ago I just completely forgot about til recently. Really need to get it up

That's what she said...

I've debated getting a case or just keeping them around on my shelf.

Hole in 1's and 59's. No need for a case for my 1 ball.

I have a couple.

Personal best
1st eagle
Balls I won matches with

I don't have a display case but use my fireplace mantle in basement (man cave) to display HIO balls although my 1st HIO ball is MIA somewhere in the house. A also have some THP memorabilia from Morgan Cup and a few course logo balls from world famous courses or memorable courses I have played. Probably a total of 10-12 balls.

My wife got me a case because she was tired of balls rolling off my dresser when closing drawers. Truvis balls, THP events, and logo balls from most courses I've played.
1cd6a44c5e7389d0000fefedf3b1aca2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I display balls from different courses I play. Everytime I go somewhere new, I get a ball and it goes up. As far as milestone or sentimental balls....I have a jar like thing that I have a ton in there of various ones. One in particular is when I shot 82 at Whistling Straits and played the Straits course with one ball. I was pretty proud of that as that course can eat a ball up in a blink of an eye. I got to 13 or 14 and tossed my ball to my caddy for him to clean it and he tossed it back. I look down at it and thought "hhmm, im still playing with the same ball" then I thought.."don't mention it yet cause the next shot it will be gone!" haha

For me it’s any golf ball from a very memorable golf trip. I have a bunch from a Myrtle Beach vacation with my dad and a golf trip to Florida for my 30th birthday. December I will add a few more...

We have a case shaped like home plate that we put a ball in for every game that we go to Coors Field and mark with the date and score. I haven't picked up the case for golf balls yet, but want to get one and do sort of the same thing. I'd like to use it to track the courses that I play, and will mark a ball for each milestone to add to it whenever they come. Have a thin hope that I'll be able to mark a ball for breaking 100 next year.

Back