2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Down another 2lbs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

another small success, many small successes add up!!!!!!! great job

Weighed in at 193lbs this morning. New low. Now down 25 lbs since end of June and 29 lbs since April!

Hit the 202.4 mark today, slower week as expected but still trending the right way. Would truly love to be 190 by ClubClash, but I've wanted to get there for some time now and just haven't done it.

Hit the 202.4 mark today, slower week as expected but still trending the right way. Would truly love to be 190 by ClubClash, but I've wanted to get there for some time now and just haven't done it.
Keep at it buddy, you got it.

Keep at it buddy, you got it.

I think coaching golf will help since I'll have to be out walking every single day, plus, WW actually works really well for me as far as just keeping the crap out of the diet and upping the fruits/veggies.

Would love to eventually get down to 180 and then put 10 back on in the gym, but thats the ONLY way I'm getting back into lifting, I know I've said it 1000 times but I did that stuff for far too long. Guess its time to give running another go, though I know my knees will hate me.

2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I think coaching golf will help since I'll have to be out walking every single day, plus, WW actually works really well for me as far as just keeping the crap out of the diet and upping the fruits/veggies.

Would love to eventually get down to 180 and then put 10 back on in the gym, but thats the ONLY way I'm getting back into lifting, I know I've said it 1000 times but I did that stuff for far too long. Guess its time to give running another go, though I know my knees will hate me.

Elliptical helped my knees out a ton. I despise running, but I can do some solid work on the elliptical.

I know you know this, so don't think I am trying to "teach" you anything, but I have found getting back in the gym and lifting has helped accelerate my weight loss. I know it isn't easy to gain muscle while eating at a deficit, but any muscle you put on helps you try and burn calories.

looked at link (briefly) but am wondering - apart from the supplements - what are you eating every day? total calorie intake and how complicated are the meals to prep?

You eat whatever you want within their guidelines. They send you a guide with meal prep ideas. Basically first 10 days no dairy limit carbs as much as possible. Calories no one can tell you how many you need. As I told you before calculate your TDEE (google it) and shoot for 500 or so below that everyday

I'm officially -10.8lbs since I started this journey 1/2/16 ..... if I can lose 10lbs, 4-6 more times, I'll be at goal!

I'm officially -10.8lbs since I started this journey 1/2/16 ..... if I can lose 10lbs, 4-6 more times, I'll be at goal!

Keep it up!!!

I know you know this, so don't think I am trying to "teach" you anything, but I have found getting back in the gym and lifting has helped accelerate my weight loss. I know it isn't easy to gain muscle while eating at a deficit, but any muscle you put on helps you try and burn calories.
A decade plus of yelling at kids and practically living in the weight room myself has established an utter disdain. That will go away someday, but its not a necessity for my goals imo.

Plus, I can't stand going and seeing so many doing Olympic lifts for the sake of doing it, and often incorrectly. Once we move and I have easy access to the school weight room and can go in early alone, I'll probably start a bit again.

Way to go Kortney!!!

I had a sausage biscuit and large Diet Dr Pepper for breakfast. I'm telling on myself.

With that said, it was because the Boss paid for breakfast, so it was free....and knowing that, that was all I got. So, I didn't over do it tooooo bad I thought.

For the first time in fifteen years I went cross country skiing, it was horrible. Messed up the ski wax and had work my ass off even downhill. That said I´m going at it again tomorrow. Goal is 20 pounds of before the start of the golf season here in Sweden.

Well Lee and I are signed up with weight watchers. Some how she got me 6 months free membership. The killer was having to get n the scale. And then tell her what that number was.

Well Lee and I are signed up with weight watchers. Some how she got me 6 months free membership. The killer was having to get n the scale. And then tell her what that number was.
You'll do well on WW Kev, the new model is actually really easy to follow imo.

I actually hit 200.2 yesterday which was a shock and almost 9lbs in 2 weeks. We did have a little splurge yesterday with some sushi so I expect it to come up a bit but that's ok. As long as I see a downtick each week, I'm happy. Clothes already fit better, crazy how that works eh? Hahahaha

You'll do well on WW Kev, the new model is actually really easy to follow imo.

I actually hit 200.2 yesterday which was a shock and almost 9lbs in 2 weeks. We did have a little splurge yesterday with some sushi so I expect it to come up a bit but that's ok. As long as I see a downtick each week, I'm happy. Clothes already fit better, crazy how that works eh? Hahahaha
I've got to get healthy....honestly I've been avoiding it for far to long. I'm heavier than I've been in 15 years and it's starting to cause some problems. Anyway.....if I see 200 I'll be feeling pretty good. I get 46 points to use daily which sounds like a ton. We've got a grocery list set and I'm off to get it done.

Weigh in this morning and no movement on the weight loss. Need to tighten the diet up this week and do a better job of not putting myself in position of wanting to find something fast. Did it twice this week and I was annoyed with myself.

Dawn and I alresdy prepared meals for the first 3-4 days this week, so I am off to a better start. About a month until the Kickoff Classic and I want to drop another 9-10 lbs before I get there.

I've got to get healthy....honestly I've been avoiding it for far to long. I'm heavier than I've been in 15 years and it's starting to cause some problems. Anyway.....if I see 200 I'll be feeling pretty good. I get 46 points to use daily which sounds like a ton. We've got a grocery list set and I'm off to get it done.

I've got faith in YOU.

I think you'll find 46 is a lot, its all about getting rid of the "oh my I didn't think that food was that bad" foods.

Also, if you're a bread/sandwich guy, Nature's Own "Butterbread" is only 3 pts for 2 slices.

Thankfully I like fruits and veggies. Lunch during the work week is where I pile on the crap foods. Fast foods are a nemesis for me. And I drink way way to much Diet Coke. This is going to take a conscious effort obviously, but I'm afraid if I don't I'm headed for a serious issue.

Back