The Official 2016 MLB Thread

Why do I get a feeling Harper WILL get that contract, but ONLY from the Yankees or Dodgers?

Because there are teams out there with far too much cash and not enough brain.

The Rangers are back to full strength pitching so I'm excited. No longer need RED CROSS emblem, back to the T

Its awful. Its freaking awful. Not because of guys getting paid, I am all for that, but because of how they are structured. This guy could literally bat zero and make that entire pay. Get zero hits and 200 ABs and get 20+ million for years.

Its shocking that the sport hasnt figured it out yet.

It's the most powerful union in sports. With the massive tv deals it's isn't changing anytime soon.

Aren't the Mets still paying Bobby Bonilla like 1.5 million a year because of a contract he got back in the day?

i think there is still lots of time left on that one too. Davis is going to get paid until 2037 by the orioles with his current deal.

I wanted J. Up in SF, but after seeing what he got paid, I'm glad we avoided him. Good God!

I think the winners in the Upton deal are Upton and the rest of the AL Central.

Jup won...but you're Tigers lineup is going to pretty stacked at the top and he'll provide protection and see some pitches! Yes, he's going to strike out a lot, but he always seems to hit the ball hard, and when he's seeing the ball well, holy crap can he smash the ball!

It solidifies the Tigers with the best lineup in the AL Central, the pitching is still questionable at best in my opinion. Lets see what Verlander shows up this year.

Thats alot of coin, just not surprised anymore with these contracts, they are rediculous

It solidifies the Tigers with the best lineup in the AL Central, the pitching is still questionable at best in my opinion. Lets see what Verlander shows up this year.

It's another year of making a splash with the bats and not the Pitching rotation. Relief pitching is going to be suspect as usual. And who knows if any starter can stay healthy, most of them have not in recent years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's another year of making a splash with the bats and not the Pitching rotation. Relief pitching is going to be suspect as usual. And who knows if any starter can stay healthy, most of them have not in recent years.

2 new bullpen arms, not to include a closer to go with a couple solid choices on staff already.
Zimmerman should be solid, Pelfrey is just OK.
Upton stretches the lineup, and if he bats second should see a TON of fastballs. I think if Victor Martinez stays healthy he returns to form.

JV and Sanchez need to have good years, as does the rest of the rotation, but the lineup should produce a lot of runs.

2 new bullpen arms, not to include a closer to go with a couple solid choices on staff already.
Zimmerman should be solid, Pelfrey is just OK.
Upton stretches the lineup, and if he bats second should see a TON of fastballs. I think if Victor Martinez stays healthy he returns to form.

JV and Sanchez need to have good years, as does the rest of the rotation, but the lineup should produce a lot of runs.

CJ, you and I have both watched a lineup that should produce a lot runs, fail to do so. Last year everyone got cold at the same time. And wasn't it 2-3 years ago we watched them be on be on pace to break the season runs record, get to the all star break and tank.

I like the Zimmerman pick up, even though he's a former tommy johns surgery patient. And coming off his worst era in 5 years(not that a 3.66 is terrible)

Every year Detroit comes into the season with "the team" and I have crazy high hopes for them and the just fail to produce, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

About to sit down to dinner with Paul Molitor and Byron Buxton.

Apparently the Twins are going to move Sano to the outfield to make room for Park at DH.

Winter at The K.

2e07444ddfbb44f9667fa32f71907930.jpg

I just read Ernie banks died over the weekend. Dude was a machine

I don't. Way better parking than downtown.

I think it happens in the next 10 years. They will figure out logistics. It seems that it will be profitable to everyone, and much more to do after the game than currently since the stadium is basically in the middle of nowhere

I don't think the voters will approve funding for a new stadium. I hope not anyway. The stadium is excellent and recently renovated.

I don't think the voters will approve funding for a new stadium. I hope not anyway. The stadium is excellent and recently renovated.

It is nice, but there is literally nothing to do after the games. We will see, but I have heard some talks about it. I am not saying in the next couple of years, but in 8-10 years time when more than likely it will be time to be looking at new options.

The Official 2016 MLB Thread

Looking forward to opening day in KC when the Mets seek revenge and win, thus spoiling the Royals ring ceremony.

Cepedes for the Rest of Us!

Looking forward to opening day in KC when the Mets seek revenge and win, thus spoiling the Royals ring ceremony.

Cepedes for the Rest of Us!

They couldn't do it when they needed to. So the Royals have already spoiled the Mets ring ceremony.

Back