The Powerball and Mega Millions Wanna win it thread

So, I won last night in the Power Ball Lotto...I got 2 numbers and the powerball. I won $7. Since I have to drive 20 mins to AZ to claim my prize and about 2 gallons of gas at $2.55/gal., I actually won $1.90. Drinks on me!

That's what I am doing for buying an extra five numbers.

I think I've enjoyed this Powerball thing, but I am done throwing more than two bucks at each drawing.

Sort of what I was thinking, too. I don't usually buy ANY tickets until the Jackpot gets up over $500 million, because it's not worth it up until then. lol

My Mom sent me a text saying they didn't win, and my Dad threw the tickets in the trash and declared..."Never spending any money on lottery tickets ever again!" Sooooo, I guess he's done completely. ha

Sort of what I was thinking, too. I don't usually buy ANY tickets until the Jackpot gets up over $500 million, because it's not worth it up until then. lol

My Mom sent me a text saying they didn't win, and my Dad threw the tickets in the trash and declared..."Never spending any money on lottery tickets ever again!" Sooooo, I guess he's done completely. ha

Yeah until it hits 800 million again.....

That's what I am doing for buying an extra five numbers.

I think I've enjoyed this Powerball thing, but I am done throwing more than two bucks at each drawing.

Do you have Mega Millions there? It's still a buck a ticket! So you can get two tickets!

We do... Quit giving me options, Smalls!

We usually do the Mega Millions. Ever since they changed to two bucks we quit getting both until it gets huge. But still only do a few bucks on either.

The good news is that I've won the Nigerian lottery once again. What luck I have outside of this country...

Well, I didn't win. Sorry THPer's no $15,000 for you. Maybe next time.

Damn it, there goes my Event and I had such big plans.

The good news is that I've won the Nigerian lottery once again. What luck I have outside of this country...
Seriously I know the feeling. I've won a ton of money and cruises from Jamaica and I keep sending them my personal info but they keep forgetting to send me money.

5a24d0f4452b218f74a64f218718fe4e.jpg

4df026b8c1521ce19fb29b2be3601418.jpg

Turned my winnings into four shots at the Mega Millions and one shot at the next Powerball.

We'll see how long this lottery business lasts. It's time to make those millions.

You guys actually have to pay income taxes on lottery winnings?
Here in germany lottery winnigs are tax free. But then again the largest jackpot ever was like 38million.
I always play when the jackpot reaches double digit millions. If I win that much I can comfortably let the money work and live of that. Those returns are taxed at 25% though.

You guys actually have to pay income taxes on lottery winnings?
Here in germany lottery winnigs are tax free. But then again the largest jackpot ever was like 38million.
I always play when the jackpot reaches double digit millions. If I win that much I can comfortably let the money work and live of that. Those returns are taxed at 25% though.
Yes any winnings in a majority of the state's here get taxed pretty hard.

I'm good with it. Still get millions if I hit big.

I am starting to remember why I don't play the lotto.

Four lines of numbers for mega millions. ZERO match.
Wait, you mean we aren't flying South to golf tomorrow? I really didn't want to go to work.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

So the Powerball is up to $403M -ish. I know it's no $1.6B but it still has a cash payout of $250M+. I still might have to work after that but I'd be ok. :alien: It might be time to spend a little golf money to try and win.

So the Powerball is up to $403M -ish. I know it's no $1.6B but it still has a cash payout of $250M+. I still might have to work after that but I'd be ok. :alien: It might be time to spend a little golf money to try and win.

$263 million for the one-time payout I heard this morning. Of course, you would have to send the IRS $104M under current tax law and pay state taxes in all but 3 states that would take another $15M to $25M. That would still be about $140M or a safe $5M per year in income for the rest of your life. My guess is whoever wins will be bankrupt in less than 20 years.

$263 million for the one-time payout I heard this morning. Of course, you would have to send the IRS $104M under current tax law and pay state taxes in all but 3 states that would take another $15M to $25M. That would still be about $140M or a safe $5M per year in income for the rest of your life. My guess is whoever wins will be bankrupt in less than 20 years.

Depends on how stupid they are with their money. No need for a huge fancy house, or 12 Lambo's in the garage. A nice house, and a couple new cars (if you're married). Invest/save the rest. You could probably survive on the yearly interest alone for a while.

Hey JB, do you have the power, can I get a Shoulder Tap???

Depends on how stupid they are with their money. No need for a huge fancy house, or 12 Lambo's in the garage. A nice house, and a couple new cars (if you're married). Invest/save the rest. You could probably survive on the yearly interest alone for a while.
But but but....I NEED 12 lambos...

I enjoy watching the "I won the lottery but now I'm broke shows" or the new lottery winner real estate show my wife finds fascinating. It shows just how poorly some folks manage their money. When presented with an opportunity to be set up for life they choose to screw it up royally.

It is always fun to think about hitting it big, but hopefully if it does happen to you, you're able to manage it a bit better than the folks on those shows.

Back