Taylormade Tour Spider Chipping

Boone

Reaction score
Love my putter, but watching it’s pretty red pain chip off week by week was getting on my nerves. An afternoon with a pocket knife, a little nail polish remover, and some rags and Brasso and I’m pretty happy with the result.

One thing for sure, no longer have to worry about chipping :)

ee8eca54c0caf9c311c6b976449d0f43.jpg
ca838a0c625fce65f76094eb1cc5d12a.jpg
516c3779d9507bec3e80462c4cea4df0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great!!

Thanks DD - it was easier than I anticipated. Stripped off most of the paint with a sharp little pocket knife, then took steel wool with brasso to it to remove most of the scratches and even out the surface, and finally used acetone and Qtips to get rid of any paint residue in the corners.

Great job, I like that look

The chipping on mine drives me crazy. I wish they would find a way to make it more durable. If I didn't like the red so much I would probably do the same thing.

That turned out really nice.

I thought somebody was going to be bragging about how the Spider was great for chipping from off the green. Wow, that’s a bummer. Boone, your paint stripping skills are awesome. The putter looks amazing.

On that note, while I don’t have to worry about chipping, I still have to worry about chipping :)

I like the look, great job!!

I clicked on this thread thinking... “so this guy chips with a big mallet putter instead of a wedge?”

Good job on cleaning that up! Looks great.

That looks better than the red haha may do that to mine as well

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I clicked on this thread thinking... “so this guy chips with a big mallet putter instead of a wedge?”

Good job on cleaning that up! Looks great.

I thought they made a SPIDR Chipper LOL! Oddyssey did that a couple years ago.

That looks better than the red haha may do that to mine as well

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well - it sure looks better than the red with chips all over it!

Sucks about the chipping, but good work making the best of the situation!

Came in expecting a Spider Chipper :disapointed: Looks good though

Personally, I'm not thrilled with bright red putters (no offense to anyone intended ;)). That looks great, however.

Back