Make February Count - Practice

As far as practice I have been chipping and putting at the office. Will be heading to an indoor range tonight to get to swing some clubs. But I know I need to find a way to do more, especially with RR coming up quick!

I haven't been out on the course yet, but I have had a few sessions at the range trying to work the rust off and also rolled putts in the living room just trying to work on technique

A little bit of time has been spent on the range practice green haviny putting contests with Preston so hopefully they will help once I get out to the course as well

I can't believe with the collection you have, that it's simply 'carpet' putting. Time to step up your game and get a proper setup Duff!
When you can play everyday, a proper setup won't get past the CFO. Depending on where our daughter ends up for her Peds Cardio fellowship I might have to give up year around golf for that white abomination you guys deal with. If that's the case my wife is on notice that any house we purchase must have at a minimum a 2 car garage and a full basement (man cave).

Still playing regularly. Except this week, it's unusually cold.

Neat thread Dan. Just been spending time on the sim when I'm working. I'm usually work 3 days a week and at the very minimum I'll spend 30 mins on the sim just working through the bag. Some nights I'll just focus on wedges or irons. But I always try to take about 5 or 10 swings with the driver. And I spend 10-15 mins everyday putting in the man cave.

It's been carpet putting and working on short game contact with the wiffle balls. I took a week off and I'll get back to it this weekend before RTJ. I can't wait to hit a golf ball on grass again.

I'm fortunate to be able to play once/week over the winter as well as summer but range time is certainly harder to come by. After a lesson in mid-January got me really going on the right track I've been playing some pretty damn good golf (for me) and it has lit the fire under me to keep the momentum going and continue to work on the changes I've made.
Aside from a couple swing tweaks I've been refocusing on my wedge game inside 125. I'm getting my short game sharp again and working with more clubs (GW, PW, 9I) for those same distances. I'm hesitant to practice wedge play off of mats, but so far it seems to be working.

No practice yet this month - I have been playing and out of town.

I have been putting poorly, I need to figure that out and soon!!

I am also still working on a swing change from a lesson in Jan, I need lots more reps to get it under control.

I'm set up to begin with a new pro, and I'm also doing golf fitness work with the SKLZ program and putting practice galore.

My normal routine has been gym on Monday and Wednesday and Indoor range on Thursday and Friday. At the range I have been working on club path and face angle. Last week did a session with my coach and his partner. In that session we discovered I have a posture issue which is limiting my turn and weight transfer. Going to do some work on my posture. In addition going to work on some flexibility issues.

Few rounds I have gotten outside have been promising. I feel like I am on the right track and excited for the season to get here.

Indoor putting is all I'm doing. It is going to be highs in the teens the rest of the week and single digits at night. Winter is in full swing here.

I've hit the covered range twice this month, have been working on stretches every morning, and swinging a club inside daily just working on takeaway and feeling my weight shift. Hopefully will get in at least one if not two sim rounds before the month is up.

Also playing lots of putting games with my 10yo in the living room just working on speed & distance control.

Supposed to be cold for another week or so here so it will be carpet putting, indoor chipping, and a couple of visits to the golf store to see if I can tweak my bag. Once we get past that, i am hoping to get back to my regular weekly round and get to the range to do short game practice on an actual green.

Playing in a sim league once a week, first hour is the front nine for the league, second hour is usually whatever the back nine of the course we just finished the front on. I'm also showing up about 15 minutes early to warm up and make small swing adjustments. This last weekend it was to do every warm up shot with my feet together. Did that for about 15 minutes, and the swing felt great. As a result, maybe, I shot my best nine in the sim, followed by an even better nine in the second hour.

Last edited:
Lots of indoor putting, don't want to miss a single putt under 5 feet this year. Full swings every day all out, with normal, light, and weighted objects. Also work on half and 3/4 wedges with a swing speed monitor trying to never be off more than +/- 1 mph.

Back