2016 NFL Draft Thread

Colts...

I have so many things I want... First two positions that need to be addressed QUICKLY, is interior offensive line and pass rush. I am leaning towards pass rush first, but wont care if we go OL. However, we need CB help BADDDDDD, like really bad!

I'm hoping that the Lions snag a tackle, receiver, or RB with that 1st round pick.

LINE
Start there we need O line and D line help badly!

Our Safties are aging quickly, and we need a receiver.

There is a long shopping list this year!

Mel Kiper 1.0:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/14551791/mel-kiper-releases-first-mock-draft-2016-nfl
1. Tennessee Titans

*Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St.
Getting the best defensive lineman in any draft really transcends need. Everyteam wants great D-linemen, and Bosa has the upside of a star. He's a dominant pass-rusher who piled up 51.0 tackles for loss over three seasons despite running into a steady supply of double-teams, and he's also outstanding against the run. You can move him around on the line at will. The son of a former first-round pick, he comes in ready to contribute.
i
2. Cleveland Browns

*Jared Goff, QB, Cal
It goes without saying the Browns need to take a hard look at quarterbacks, and Hue Jackson should have the chance to start fresh with someone other than Johnny Manziel. Goff has tremendous talent and upside. He has shown off an NFL arm since he arrived at Cal and has a great mind for the game. He has also shown how resilient he can be, growing with and leading that team at Cal, which would be a great trait in Cleveland.
i
3. San Diego Chargers

*Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
Ken Whisenhunt is back at offensive coordinator for the Chargers, and the immediate need for this team is going to be figuring out a way to keep Philip Rivers upright. Injuries have decimated the Chargers' offensive line, and adding Tunsil means they get an immediate starter. This kid is a flat-out gifted left tackle prospect, the kind of player who could go No. 1 overall to Tennessee. Get him here and you'll be pleased.
i
4. Dallas Cowboys

DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
It's rare to find a team picking No. 4 overall that can genuinely say, "We're in win-now mode." But the Cowboys get a healthy Tony Romo back, so that's a fair statement. If Greg Hardy isn't back, Buckner is a great fit. You get a 6-foot-7, 290-pound defensive end who can put a tackle on skates right into his own quarterback. The No. 1 thing you love about Buckner: major motor. He plays hard. He could have been taken relatively early last year, but came back and put an exclamation point on it.
i
5. Jacksonville Jaguars

*Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida St.
The best player available here, Ramsey is a great corner or a great safety, a fit in any secondary given his skill set and incredible athleticism. Those athlete credentials? Well, consider that he's long-jumping at roughly an Olympic level in, essentially, a second sport that he really can't commit to full-time. A worthy top-five talent in the secondary.

Apparently the hottest name out of the Senior Bowl is Carson Wentz, QB from North Dakota State.

Multiple sites including CBSSports projects him at #2 to the Browns. Two writers from nfl.com project him at #4 to the Cowboys, as do the good folks at SBNation.

What do you guys think about a skill position player from such a small school potentially going so high?

There are a lot of rumors floating about for the Niners at 7. Baalke typically picks defensive players in the first round (except for the wonderful pick of AJ Jenkins) but I think there may be a change to an offensive player with Chip Kelly as HC. It's going to be interesting to see since this may be a make or break year for Baalke as GM.

Apparently the hottest name out of the Senior Bowl is Carson Wentz, QB from North Dakota State.

Multiple sites including CBSSports projects him at #2 to the Browns. Two writers from nfl.com project him at #4 to the Cowboys, as do the good folks at SBNation.

What do you guys think about a skill position player from such a small school potentially going so high?

Seems very Flacco-ish and there's a lot of guys in the nfl that have proven that smaller schools have some legit talent.

I think it's just a weird draft year with the top 3 qb coming from North Dakota, Memphis, and cal.

He had some big games, Joe z Flacco is the highest qb pick from a small school in recent memory, me went mid round I believe.

When it comes to QB, I am not sure the school matters as much as the work and the mechanics.
The only big question mark is defensive speed and you can usually find that out quickly.

In the end if mechanics are there, it usually always comes down to mind, eyes and hard work. Its why players bust and come out of nowhere so much.

After the Senior Bowl Carson Wentz looks like the top QB prospect in the draft...and will probably get drafted by the Browns.

After the Senior Bowl Carson Wentz looks like the top QB prospect in the draft...and will probably get drafted by the Browns.
Who?

Exactly.

But hey, at this point, why shouldn't they jump on another hyped qb.

I hope the Giants go DL or OL dont really care the player. I want those 2 spots to be much better going into next season.

Looks like Kansas City top need is some OL help to shore up some question marks. Defense is going to need to be put back together some, due to some free agency. Then if we can find a good hard working, diamond in the rough DL, OLB or WR, that would be a big help, too.

Lions have to for WR in the draft this year. Unless they plan on filling the void via free agency.

I know after the super bowl Elway was asked if he was looking o line in the draft and his response was "if there is a good pass rusher available I'm taking him

Oh Braxton Miller...You fell a bit short of your 4.3 prediction.

All the talk is just talk...but I've read some stuff where the Browns are really high on Wentz and Romo's shoulder is a mess, so the Cowboys would go Goff.

Talk about a double edged sword. I don't want Goff to go to Cleveland but the Cowboys? It wouldn't feel right following / rooting for them.

After 28 years without a playoff win, I'm not sure it matters who the Bengals draft!

The top of the draft is getting interesting. Heard yesterday that TN fielded calls for the pick, but that their price is high for a #1 that is not set in stone. Some believe they will go with the unsafe/safe pick in a OL. Then in spots 2-5, you have the QB needing Browns, but they also need a number of other items. One friend told me that they would be willing to trade down if they stayed in top 13 and also got a 2nd pick in top 40. I like that move for them honestly, but I dont think it happens. Players like Buckner and Ramsey are getting a ton of talk right now.

Everyone is talking about the Bengals drafting a wide receiver but what they really need is a center who doesn't get pushed around like a high school kid.

Everyone is talking about the Bengals drafting a wide receiver but what they really need is a center who doesn't get pushed around like a high school kid.

Be thankful... at least the Bengals center is good enough for High School. The Colts are still plucking centers that couldn't start on a peewee football team. FML!

Hahaha. Sources saying Joey Bosa will hold out if the Ravens pick him. Its already starting.

Hahaha. Sources saying Joey Bosa will hold out if the Ravens pick him. Its already starting.
I thought that was an April fools joke?

I thought that was an April fools joke?

It was, with the whole haha thing in front of it.
I should have added the smilie.

Back