THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

You should join people taking in the thread about that actual tournament.

Just went through 200 range balls. All I can say is bombs away! I liked what I saw there. Tried to fix a couple things that went wacky from the last two rounds and I liked what I saw. Lookout Michigan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just went through 200 range balls. All I can say is bombs away! I liked what I saw there. Tried to fix a couple things that went wacky from the last two rounds and I liked what I saw. Lookout Michigan!

Look out, because you don't know where the ball is going?

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Look out, because you don't know where the ball is going?

Bomb and gouge for the win.

Saw 187mph ball speed.

Bomb and gouge for the win.

Saw 187mph ball speed.
That's a recipe for #jspangslong. Can't wait to see that handicap plummet....

That's a recipe for #jspangslong. Can't wait to see that handicap plummet....

Idk how the rough is at Boulder in the summer, but I'm hoping that I'm not having to gouge to much.

Just put my vacation request in for the Friday before the event. It's getting real fellas!

Idk how the rough is at Boulder in the summer, but I'm hoping that I'm not having to gouge to much.

In general, I do not find the rough at Boulder very difficult nor very long.
Just hope it does't rain a bunch before the event and they can keep a mower on it consistently.

Worry more about the greens and if they are firm.

Getting out today for at least 9. Looks like we are going to have a little break in the weather. Rained hard Sunday night. Hopefully course will be dry-ish!!! First real test with the new twigs.
#ExcitedForGolf
#THPRegionalRivalry!

Getting out today for at least 9. Looks like we are going to have a little break in the weather. Rained hard Sunday night. Hopefully course will be dry-ish!!! First real test with the new twigs.
#ExcitedForGolf
#THPRegionalRivalry!

First real test? What was last saturday?

A string of four letter words would not begin to scratch the surface of what Saturday was...

I'll be back on course today, playing a match and pondering how my strategy will be at Boulder with a partner helping me to navigate that course.

Makes me wonder, with all the different formats, how the guys are going to prepare for what's to come. Boulder has teeth if you're not playing target golf, and that can spell a big alteration of strategy if the first ball goes out of play. A green light could quickly spell a conceded hole, and in 9 hole matches, that's a tough thing to accept.

I'll be back on course today, playing a match and pondering how my strategy will be at Boulder with a partner helping me to navigate that course.

Makes me wonder, with all the different formats, how the guys are going to prepare for what's to come. Boulder has teeth if you're not playing target golf, and that can spell a big alteration of strategy if the first ball goes out of play. A green light could quickly spell a conceded hole, and in 9 hole matches, that's a tough thing to accept.

Looking forward to getting down to Boulder Creek to get a feel for it. Keeping my eye on weather and dates available to get there. Looks fun from the fly bys.

Had my first lesson today, some minor changes that had some great results. Cant wait to get out and play with #TeamMichigan. We are coming for you Ohio!

Nice Matt.. Got out for 9 after work today.. Looking forward to getting out with ya.. How is the 3w?

Nice Matt.. Got out for 9 after work today.. Looking forward to getting out with ya.. How is the 3w?

Have only had 1 round with it so far. But really liked it, super easy to hit off the deck and I was getting some really good distance for me with it. Haven't hit it a ton yet. Definitely excited to get to try and incorporate some of what i went over in my lesson today with my woods and driver. Amazes me that such small things as taking a quarter step back and keeping my right shoulder farther back helped keep the ball straight and even had a few nice draws!

Have only had 1 round with it so far. But really liked it, super easy to hit off the deck and I was getting some really good distance for me with it. Haven't hit it a ton yet. Definitely excited to get to try and incorporate some of what i went over in my lesson today with my woods and driver. Amazes me that such small things as taking a quarter step back and keeping my right shoulder farther back helped keep the ball straight and even had a few nice draws!
3w packs a punch!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Friday marks a new month. That means we are one month closer to this awesome event. It may seem like we have a lot of time still, but really there are only a couple of hands full of weekends to prep. Not just the game aspect, but the physical and mental grind we are about to go through. I was frustrated today while playing in the wind but then I thought about this event and how dealing with the elements will be key at Boulder. So many elevation changes and long par 4's where wind can be a monster. I'm going to be ready for this and I won't like my captain and my teammates down

Had a solid range session yesterday. I was really connecting well with the driver and 3w. Plus I just picked a new 5w.

Looking in from the outside, I think this match is going to much closer than people think!!

Looking in from the outside, I think this match is going to much closer than people think!!
I know, MI might surprise us all and manage enough points to not be eliminated going into the second 18

You taking lessons with Jim out in Midland?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yep seems like a good guy. Was quite knowledgable. Got to get ready for RR.

Back