2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

It's pretty sweet and depressing at the same time. As soon as they get a new wall built they will be able to do the scan with bone density and mass. I will be going back when that is available. I will be going back in 3months for a check up on progress regardless though and working with there sports med guy to tweak my workout.

We used it for a study dealing with spec ops peeps 2yrs ago and as sound as funding drops we will be doing another study with human performance wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! THP get together when that wall is built! :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Have you looked into doing bodpod? I'm considering doing it and wish I would have done it when I first started with my trainer. Only one I found close to me was in Towson.
Have not looked into doing one lately. I did something similar a few decades ago at my high school, where they warmed the water up in the ice whirlpool and then measured mass/volume of water displaced.

Have not looked into doing one lately. I did something similar a few decades ago at my high school, where they warmed the water up in the ice whirlpool and then measured mass/volume of water displaced.

i remember a buddy of mine doing that method to argue against his BF% from what the Navy was saying.

bodpod is what colleges and pro teams use for measuring, it gets some good detailed info. My trainer uses it for his clients. He takes them to the Bills facilities for it.

Just checking in people needed a little support I ran into my wife's steak fajitas last night I held up real well I only had 2 but feel like crap this morning.

Those don't have to be the worst things to eat. Onions and peppers are good for you and some read meat is too. But I know what ya mean when you eat less than the healthier stuff and your body got use to better foods it kind of makes you feel uncomfy the next day. But hey, your doing well from past posts. We don't have to eat perfect everyday nor stay on a strictest diet every day. Just feed your body as well as possible most the time and through time it will take care of the rest. I mean I havnt had the greatest weekends of eating well and still my BP is down and lost 18 in less than 2 months. Its the constant poor choices that take their toll through time not if those choices are far more the rare than the norm.

I ddidnt gain my weight and develop poorer vitals and bloodwork over night. And now heading in the right direction isn't ging to change back again over night either. Make better choices most the time and just because a few poorer ones here and there are mixed in its not going to kill you and your cause. So long as you don't keep going that way don't even worry about it. But it is good when we don't eat healthier that our body's let us know by making us fee a bit lousy. It just means we are heading in the right direction. Its when we stop noticing less than healthier eating bothers us the next day. that's when we come accustomed to it and when we get in trouble and never know it till its too late.

Those don't have to be the worst things to eat. Onions and peppers are good for you and some read meat is too. But I know what ya mean when you eat less than the healthier stuff and your body got use to better foods it kind of makes you feel uncomfy the next day. But hey, your doing well from past posts. We don't have to eat perfect everyday nor stay on a strictest diet every day. Just feed your body as well as possible most the time and through time it will take care of the rest. I mean I havnt had the greatest weekends of eating well and still my BP is down and lost 18 in less than 2 months. Its the constant poor choices that take their toll through time not if those choices are far more the rare than the norm.

I ddidnt gain my weight and develop poorer vitals and bloodwork over night. And now heading in the right direction isn't ging to change back again over night either. Make better choices most the time and just because a few poorer ones here and there are mixed in its not going to kill you and your cause. So long as you don't keep going that way don't even worry about it. But it is good when we don't eat healthier that our body's let us know by making us fee a bit lousy. It just means we are heading in the right direction. Its when we stop noticing less than healthier eating bothers us the next day. that's when we come accustomed to it and when we get in trouble and never know it till its too late.

thanks for the encouragement I am doing well with watching the bad stuff and real happy with weight loss just feel bad when i eat something bad because i have been doing so well. and your right now that I have been eating better some food really doesnt sit well any more

thanks for the encouragement I am doing well with watching the bad stuff and real happy with weight loss just feel bad when i eat something bad because i have been doing so well. and your right now that I have been eating better some food really doesnt sit well any more

Yea, I must admit it can be funny how our body gets use to eating healthier and then sends us a sign when we don't. Whats even stranger is salt. Not even if one is dieting to loose weight but just cutting salt for any reasons and all of a sudden things taste saltier than before. I was always n "add salt" to a lot of things kind of eater like certain soups or meals, pizza, etc or if not salt then grated cheese (which in turn makes things saltier). Now that I cut it out I find most all that stuff tastes more than salty enough. It is known that one becomes sort of immune to salt taste and often requires more and more. Garlic (although healthy) is like that too. This is why sometimes you can go to a restaurant and if the cook judges his food by taste rather than recipe you may find everything is way over salted or over garlicky. But cut the salt out and after a little while you begin to taste more of it again and find ya no longer need to add as much or often enough any at all. That chick tortilla soup I mentioned earlier is low sodium broth and without adding any extra taste perfectly salty enough to me now. 3months ago I would have to add salt and/or grated cheese to that in order to get a better salt taste from it.

After some adjustments to my macros the last couple weeks by my trainer im down 2 pounds over the last 1.5 weeks.

Back to the gym today and my groin feels fine, woohoo! I am glad I took yesterday off and let it rest. It felt great to get back in there today, I even hit my personal best on the treadmill.

Part of that was because there was a girl next to me running at a 13!! So I stepped it up and hit 8.5 at my all out pace which is my own personal best. I will never hit 13, that would guarantee me a ride across the treadmill and into the rowers behind me.

Started eating off our vegan diet again last night, and i was suprised at how flavorful the meal was. It was a citrus quinoa bowl. I could eat a couple times like this a week, and i'm pretty sure it would make a difference. Need to try to get these last 10 pounds off to get to 200 even.

Hahaha I did laugh at the visual GG, but it really wouldn't be funny.

Back to the gym today and my groin feels fine, woohoo! I am glad I took yesterday off and let it rest. It felt great to get back in there today, I even hit my personal best on the treadmill.

Part of that was because there was a girl next to me running at a 13!! So I stepped it up and hit 8.5 at my all out pace which is my own personal best. I will never hit 13, that would guarantee me a ride across the treadmill and into the rowers behind me.

I have seen one or two of those. The place I worked at in the Navy and for several,years after had the treadmills near the back wall. Somebody next to me was running on 10.5 and got distracted in a conversation and started drifting to the side and when they caught themselves they lost balance and boom treadmill threw them into the wall.

Hahaha I did laugh at the visual GG, but it really wouldn't be funny.

I laughed when I told her that. I didn't understand how she was running that fast. But she was so tired at the end she dropped her towel and asked if I could pick it up because she didn't have the energy haha. So I will stick to the lower speeds.

I have seen one or two of those. The place I worked at in the Navy and for several,years after had the treadmills near the back wall. Somebody next to me was running on 10.5 and got distracted in a conversation and started drifting to the side and when they caught themselves they lost balance and boom treadmill threw them into the wall.

Ouch! That sounds paiiiinful!

Congrats on your personal best ... its so great when you break through a to a new best. I have a hitch in my get-along today, so I am on the couch today icing my back ... getting old is not bad, and I embrace it, its just coming at me at really bad time in life ...:banana: So no OT for me tonight. Hopefully I am back at it by Friday or Saturday.

Congrats on your personal best ... its so great when you break through a to a new best. I have a hitch in my get-along today, so I am on the couch today icing my back ... getting old is not bad, and I embrace it, its just coming at me at really bad time in life ...:banana: So no OT for me tonight. Hopefully I am back at it by Friday or Saturday.

Good idea! I am so glad I rested yesterday, it made me so much more ready for class today and I did it all pain free.

Feel better!

I laughed when I told her that. I didn't understand how she was running that fast. But she was so tired at the end she dropped her towel and asked if I could pick it up because she didn't have the energy haha. So I will stick to the lower speeds.

Ouch! That sounds paiiiinful!

It was only a couple feet between treadmill and wall, he was more embarrass than hurt since it was drywall and nothing hard behind it...the wall wasn't so lucky

one good side effect of losing a few pounds, six4three5 is going to have some competition this year on the course, mind you he can play a little golf, almost as good as his old man, (lol) , but his new competition is in the form of golf course style!

went to a fashion outlet mall yester day, picked up some very nice deals on addais, underarmour and izod golf shirts as well as some izod shorts and slacks, all very stylish with great color matches. it was nice to be able to pick out golf clothes because of style and not size.

losing weight never looked so good on me as when I am in my new golf outfits. :golf:

OT was a beast today!

It started with a .5 mile run at a 3% incline, and however long it took you to do that run is how long you had to then row for. Once you finished that timed row, it was back to the treadmill for a .3 mile run at a 5% include, and however long it took you to run that was how long you then rowed for. After that row it was a .15 mile run at a 7% incline, and then back to the rower. This was then repeated until the 25 minute block was complete.

After that it was off to the weight room and then after the weight room block was done we finished the class with 4 sets of a combo 30 second frog jump, 30 second 180* burpee. Holy crap that was exhausting!

Also, I am officially signed up for the bodpod on April 4th. I am really hoping it can give me some numbers to help me with my weight loss, or lack there of.

OT was a beast today!

It started with a .5 mile run at a 3% incline, and however long it took you to do that run is how long you had to then row for. Once you finished that timed row, it was back to the treadmill for a .3 mile run at a 5% include, and however long it took you to run that was how long you then rowed for. After that row it was a .15 mile run at a 7% incline, and then back to the rower. This was then repeated until the 25 minute block was complete.

After that it was off to the weight room and then after the weight room block was done we finished the class with 4 sets of a combo 30 second frog jump, 30 second 180* burpee. Holy crap that was exhausting!

Also, I am officially signed up for the bodpod on April 4th. I am really hoping it can give me some numbers to help me with my weight loss, or lack there of.

Will be interested in your feedback on your bodpod experience.

I've been taking the 630 class all week. Today I got up at what I thought was 530 and it was 430 so I took the 515. So much energy all day. It was a brutal upper body day and then we had to row for as long as it took to run a half, .3 and .15 miles and repeat when done. My legs were spent.

Glad you feel better!

OT was a beast today!

I just saw this!! I'm glad you got to experience this as well.

Man some days I feel like I can't get enough water. Today I've consumed 3 liters, and still going. Other days I'm lucky to get to 3.

Just ran a mile and change with the kiddos they enjoyed it as did i.
Now its insanity time

Back