XXIO Prime Driver

Again, all data collection is done outside, on grass, in the real world, FWIW.

Glad to hear that and I didn't intend to hijack this thread. Let's get back to the XXIO prime driver as it seems like a great product.

Last edited:
I also like the fact it is non adjustable, it works the way it is and there is no temptation to mess with it.

Darn I just wish it were cheaper.......and I didn't have a wedding to pay for. It's a good thing I didn't hit it more, but man that one swing and the great feel it had are stuck in my head.

I also like the fact it is non adjustable, it works the way it is and there is no temptation to mess with it.

Darn I just wish it were cheaper.......and I didn't have a wedding to pay for. It's a good thing I didn't hit it more, but man that one swing and the great feel it had are stuck in my head.

You should have kept hitting it Jim. I enjoyed watching the one.

I dont own a XXIO 9, so cant help you there. There will be one at Club Clash, so I would tune into that thread when it comes off in a few months.

I will for sure. Will be watching XXIO and G results.

It is not out of the question after the wedding this is a serious possibility, paid for the Tuxedos rentals today about a XXIO Prime Driver 3 & 5 wood shipped...yikes

I subscribe to the saying, carry doesn't lie. Its the most consistent and non lying number we can look at to provide information on a club/clubs across the gamut when it comes to distance aspects of performance. Its why I do the same in all my review data collection, I could get upwards of 30+ yards more roll than a ton of places, but carry travels.

Carry distance is the number most golfers don't like seeing because it's usually lower than most think. It's a number I look at to because it's what I know I will get most of the time from the driver and anything after that is gravy and dependent on course conditions, ball strike and flight.

man did I love hitting this thing. launched and just carried forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can actually afford this being recently single, it just come off the face so well.

Bumping so its not lost in the shuffle.

Further confirmation this driver is legit.

I'm looking forward to seeing this one in action at the Kentwool Kickoff Classic.

I'm looking forward to seeing this one in action at the Kentwool Kickoff Classic.

Maybe if you hit on with it on Friday it will land by the time we are done sunday

Has anyone ever compared the Nike covert 2.0 against this one? The reason why i ask is that i remember it is that it also had a light weight shaft and a heavy head, but I didn't benefit that much from that combination.

Has anyone ever compared the Nike covert 2.0 against this one? The reason why i ask is that i remember it is that it also had a light weight shaft and a heavy head, but I didn't benefit that much from that combination.

Really Really Really different clubs.
Outside of the weight dynamic, I would actually say they are nothing alike.

If this driver could actually increase my average drive carry distance by 20 yards then it would be worth every penny.

I totally disagree with the above statement. I do agree that carry distance is more important but we play from our total distance not our carry distance on the course.
Use carry distance and landing angle then

Night and day - XXIO is designed to be low and back CG. The Covert was more forward. Speed retention was waaaay better on the XXIO than I remember the Covert being when I played it.

Use carry distance and landing angle then

I do. The main numbers I look at are launch angle, spin, angle of decent, off line and carry distance. I really like to hit 5 or 6 shots and then walk down the fairway and see where they are.

If this driver could actually increase my average drive carry distance by 20 yards then it would be worth every penny.
Well ill let ya get some swings in with it soon

Excited to get this one back on the course. Need to work on standing further away from the ball, and tinkering with tee height and hopefully can get back to seeing the results I saw the first time around with this.

Also looking forward to other THPERS trying it out next month and seeing what the hype has been about.

Touched by Midas is what comes to mind.

Larger sweet spots are always a bonus.

when i saw the price of this, i thought it was impossible for it to be worth it. after i hit it, and saw other people with completely different swings hit it, i actually think it's worth it.

So I found the only only XXIO retailer in OH. 15 min from my office. Go figure.

Downside is they only have two demo's:
Prime in 11.5 Senior flex and the XXIO 9 in 10.5 R flex.
Both felt like softer ladies flexes on the waggle test.

I'll give the 9 a try but the Prime is the one I really wanted to hit.

So I found the only only XXIO retailer in OH. 15 min from my office. Go figure.

Downside is they only have two demo's:
Prime in 11.5 Senior flex and the XXIO 9 in 10.5 R flex.
Both felt like softer ladies flexes on the waggle test.

I'll give the 9 a try but the Prime is the one I really wanted to hit.

I have the 10.5 in SR flex and Ive seen some fast swings crush it.

Maybe we can meet up at one of our sim gatherings sometime and you can hit it

Tadashi70 hitting it (his swing is about 109) was pretty impressive.

Where do you usually hit balls at ?
Sounds good. Thanks for the offer.

R or SR I could see working for me but not the Senior flex. This is coming from a guy who played L flex graphite irons 5 yrs ago.

Back