The Official 2015-16 NBA Thread

Pop held his cards close tonight. I think the turnovers caused the huge deficit, and partially Timmy D's rest DNP-OLD factored as well.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

He was really trying to win called lots of time outs to stop flow and putting Kawhi on Curry. It is just hard to stop a guy that can pull up from half court

Not that he wasn't trying to win. That's not in Pop's DNA. It seemed like he was trying to win by not showing all his cards. Pop learns more from the loss that Kerr does from the win. They now have until March 19 to build a game plan based on what they saw. Pop is the best at adjustments & adapting where they need to. Then they play twice within the last week of the season on April 7 and 10.

The Official 2015-16 NBA Thread

I don't see how an old slow big guy helps any team against the Warriors, even one as great as Duncan. Him not playing is irrelevant. If anything it theoretically helps the Spurs chances by letting Alldridge play Green and go small. The Spurs learned they aren't good enough to beat the Warriors doing it that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not that he wasn't trying to win. That's not in Pop's DNA. It seemed like he was trying to win by not showing all his cards. Pop learns more from the loss that Kerr does from the win. They now have until March 19 to build a game plan based on what they saw. Pop is the best at adjustments & adapting where they need to. Then they play twice within the last week of the season on April 7 and 10.
It is hard to imagine that Pop can come up with a way to make his team younger and faster by march 19 with Duncan back they will keep it a lot closer but the Dub's will still try to run and Kawhi could not seem to stop any of the wings last night the ball movement was giving the Spurs problems
I have a feeling that the games the last week of the season will be meaningless both teams are likely to give starters a rest.

It is hard to imagine that Pop can come up with a way to make his team younger and faster by march 19 with Duncan back they will keep it a lot closer but the Dub's will still try to run and Kawhi could not seem to stop any of the wings last night the ball movement was giving the Spurs problems
I have a feeling that the games the last week of the season will be meaningless both teams are likely to give starters a rest.

The offense last night was a mess. When David West (?!) is your leading scorer at halftime (12 pts), your offense isn't working. There was almost no ball movement, with a lot of players taking the ball to the rim themselves trying to create a shot. There were also a lot of shots missed around the baseline. That's not like what the Spurs have been doing or are known for. Offense will be a lot better next game.

Defense won't be able to stop the warriors, but it will also be quicker to get into position. There were many times when Spurs wouldn't get settled into defense, even AFTER the warriors were in-bounding. Lack of interior defense caused a lot of problems inside then on the outside. This will be a little better with Duncan inside. Again, the Warriors won't be stopped, but they'll be slowed down.

I think the interesting part that the West is setting up to be the top 3 teams and then everyone else. Either the Spurs or the Warriors are going to get the 2 seed and then have to likely battle with OKC in the 2nd round, that will be a brutal second round matchup.

In other news, Blake Griffin broke his hand while punching a member of the Clippers' equipment staff. That's just stupid.

I think the interesting part that the West is setting up to be the top 3 teams and then everyone else. Either the Spurs or the Warriors are going to get the 2 seed and then have to likely battle with OKC in the 2nd round, that will be a brutal second round matchup.

In other news, Blake Griffin broke his hand while punching a member of the Clippers' equipment staff. That's just stupid.

It sounds like that member of the equipment staff just had a payday. That's a very Matt Barnesian move, haha!

Whoever has to deal with OKC in the second round will be at a disadvantage in the next round if they get past them

Blake is a idiot confirmed my hatred of him is justified

The offense last night was a mess. When David West (?!) is your leading scorer at halftime (12 pts), your offense isn't working. There was almost no ball movement, with a lot of players taking the ball to the rim themselves trying to create a shot. There were also a lot of shots missed around the baseline. That's not like what the Spurs have been doing or are known for. Offense will be a lot better next game.

Defense won't be able to stop the warriors, but it will also be quicker to get into position. There were many times when Spurs wouldn't get settled into defense, even AFTER the warriors were in-bounding. Lack of interior defense caused a lot of problems inside then on the outside. This will be a little better with Duncan inside. Again, the Warriors won't be stopped, but they'll be slowed down.

Do you think the bad ball movement was from lack of Duncan or the Dub's Defense? I think it was the D and that will not change when they meet next time

Do you think the bad ball movement was from lack of Duncan or the Dub's Defense? I think it was the D and that will not change when they meet next time

I don't think it was caused by either.

I think it was the build-up into the biggest game of the season for the entire NBA.

GS isn't known for their prolific defense (ranked bottom half of the NBA this season). I saw a lot of passes thrown directly to warriors or a lot of forced attempts into bad situations. And it wasn't just Spurs playing sloppy, Warriors had a really high number of turnovers too. Difference I saw, was that Spurs turnovers in the first half were live ball plays, while warriors turnovers allowed them to reset.
Granted, even if Spurs had that opportunity more often than not, their communication was so bad that they still would've failed.

But I'm sure this sounds pretty biased lol.

We'll just have to wait till the 19th to see. I've seen this happen too many times in the past against top teams to panic right now.

I don't think it was caused by either.

I think it was the build-up into the biggest game of the season for the entire NBA.

GS isn't known for their prolific defense (ranked bottom half of the NBA this season). I saw a lot of passes thrown directly to warriors or a lot of forced attempts into bad situations. And it wasn't just Spurs playing sloppy, Warriors had a really high number of turnovers too. Difference I saw, was that Spurs turnovers in the first half were live ball plays, while warriors turnovers allowed them to reset.
Granted, even if Spurs had that opportunity more often than not, their communication was so bad that they still would've failed.

But I'm sure this sounds pretty biased lol.

We'll just have to wait till the 19th to see. I've seen this happen too many times in the past against top teams to panic right now.

The Dubs have been fairly good on D this year not as good as last year but the rank at or near the top in opposition FG% and 3pt FG%, Blocks, Steals and Boards. But are near the lower middle in points allowed but that might be because the starters have not played many 4 quarters this year so the other team comes back against the second team

Blake Griffin just ruined my fantasy season. Sweet.

Blake Griffin just ruined my fantasy season. Sweet.

By beating up on a dude he's a head and a half taller then, smdh

By beating up on a dude he's a head and a half taller then, smdh
I guess I'll pick up Jared Sullinger? Might as well be Hasheem Thabeet, 20+ with 5 and 5 is irreplacable. That's the last time I draft him.

Interesting read. The NBA is truly a players league. The whole story out there about lebron and rich Paul trying to get Marc Jackson as the head coach is as crazy as can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heading to our first cavs game of the season tonight. Should be an easy won #2 for Coach Lue.

I think those that don't watch the Spurs play, really underestimate how important Duncan is for the defense of the team and the aura he creates. Aldridge is a poor substitute inside on defense.

Kevin love is en fuego

Watching Clippers/Bulls. Although a lot of the Clips' wins have been against sub .500 clubs, they look good and have played the Bulls really well. If they win which it looks like is gonna happen, that'll be 16 out of the last 19 games as wins, all without Griffin.

That was the best Cavs game I've watched in a long time. Maybe there's something to this coaching change.

Yeah it's called LeBron is actually trying now.

Lol cavs looking like the old 1 pass cavs. Chucking up 3s from all over down 2

Oh and lebron just got STUFFED going up for a dunk.

Back