2016 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

Going to head out for a dozen today.

I have played the previous B330RX and B330 balls and still have a few left in my bag, and hearing the positive comments about these has me very interested to try them

My only issue is that with Bridgestone pulling out of the UK market I am reluctant to continue playing their balls - it is a shame, but if they aren't readily available at a competitive price (and if I have to order online from abroad I doubt they will be by the time shipping costs are included) then I have other options that play just as well

This is great news, the 330 RX was an excellent ball so to make it better is very intriguing

I have played the B330 RX in the past and really liked them, so I'm looking forward to trying out the new generation. If it's half as good as the reviews it will be my new go to ball.

I tried checking out a local dsg to pick some up and they didnt have them yet.

I can almost guarantee the DSG across from my house is going to be the same way

When I compare last years version to the Pro V1 I can't tell the difference except in spin around the greens. The Pro V1 spins more. This years version sounds like it might be different. I will have to give them a try again.

I called Bridgestone and they confirmed you can order the new Tour B330 RX in yellow!

I called Bridgestone and they confirmed you can order the new Tour B330 RX in yellow!

Not very surprised to hear because they were available in yellow last year.

I picked up a dozen of the new RX today and will put them in play tomorrow.

I tried checking out a local dsg to pick some up and they didnt have them yet.

I can almost guarantee the DSG across from my house is going to be the same way
It's considered a "soft launch" so they will be out as soon as they are in stock. They also aren't on the DSG website either.

I have 3 places to try, hope one of them has them, would like to try them out this weekend. Looks like maybe 60ish, now if only the mud would dry up a little.

I'm hoping the PGA store has some here since they are local. Going to be in the mid 60's all weekend so I'd love to test these bad boys out.

Already hit my rep with a large order and should be getting them early next week! already have a few of my buddies inquiring about them ;)!

RX330

RX330

This is my new ball! Used it the last three holes at Live Club Testing (did not want to lose any) caught the sidewalk and it did leave a mark. I am still playing with this ball. Out of 4 Tourneys I have won three with this ball, mark and all(also shot my lowest round of 82 and that's thanks to this ball!). The mark is not even that bad and has zero affect on flight and spin. Now spin I did not get the S but did see Tadashi70 spin it 20ft off a green.

The side spin is on par with the Q-stars I usually play but the ball is just longer and straighter. Has spin that inspires confidence around the greens, chips are closer and putts feel great with an insert putter or milled face putters.

All in all I have not been a Bridgestone user but after playing this ball I went out and bought a J715 driver and that is another review. Bridgestone should be on every ones radar for balls and clubs! Thank you for not changing the name and making it confusing. Also thank you for the 12pack cover with Couples signature. Only THP and Bridgestone could make golfing better!

First round with the new RX today and shot 79! Had not broken 80 in over 6 months. Really nice distance off all clubs. I am not a spinner, but approach shots held really well. Pretty happy with the best ball ever so far!

These have my attention! The old version of the RX-S and myself had good success together just couldn't justify the price. But if these are that much better I believe I can talk myself into it!

Keep in mind guys, the new B330-RX and RXS will have a street price of $40/dz, which is about $5 less than the previous generation!

Keep in mind guys, the new B330-RX and RXS will have a street price of $40/dz, which is about $5 less than the previous generation!

Even better! Going to try some RX too compared to the RXS I use after everyone's initial results.

Awesome price point

That is fantastic news!

I have to get a box before my next tourney.

Not something we see often (or ever)....OEM dropping price on something. And I love it.

Was in golfsmith today and they had both rx and rxs but haven't gotten the other two yet.

I'll preface this by saying I don't consider myself to be great at ball testing. Most urethane balls seem to perform similarly for me. These performed well for me, but not noticeably different than the previous generation B330 for me. I have always loved the 330 off the tee, and on approach shots, and found them to be more than adequate around the green. These were more of the same, no getting caught in the wind, but check up nicely in the green.

I did notice they weren't getting knicked up at all, which was surprising. Overall I was impressed. I wouldn't hesitate at all to continue playing B330s this year.

Ok so I got to play and try a sleeve of this ball earlier this month at a THP event. While I lost them rather quickly I can say that this ball felt great off the driver and irons. Very solid at that point. Could have been just me but I saw the guys getting much more "bite" greenside with the RX and RX-S. Temps were on the cooler side to start the day so I don't know if that played a role but I need another go at these to really give them a fair review. The top secret sleeve and box they came in was kind of cool, and after seeing the new branding and boxing these are some of the best looking packaging I have seen for a golfball.

Just total clueless question here but will the "S" lines also advertise more driver spin to go with the greenside spin or are they truly gearing the "s" at greenside spin?

The B330-S and RXS do spin a little more off the driver than the B330 and RX, but the new 2016 generation spins less off the driver than the 2014 versions do. If you're a high spin player, or if you have a tendency to curve the ball more than you'd like, or if distance is more of a priority than spin around the green, the B330 or RX will be a good choice. For maximum control around the greens, and players who like to work the ball, try the B330-S or RXS.

Back