What is your average score on the first hole?

What is your average score on the first hole?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Occasional birdie, occasional bogey.... mostly pars.

A bogey sounds about right!

Today it was a birdie. The time before it was a double bogey. Overall, I'd assume I shoot a tad over bogey for #1 at my home course just because I'm a slightly over-bogey golfer. However this is the second time this year I've birdied this hole.

I think I average par on the opening hole, but none of the openers I play are particularly tough.

Half a shot under or par if it is a par 5 and about half a shot over if it is a par 4 assuming I hit the range before.

Both of my home courses begin with a par 5 so with me being cold as I don't hit any balls to warm up it is bogey. I am a short knocker and neither is reachable in 2 for me.

Can i just say bad and leave it at that??? In all reality it depends on the day, seems to be split between double bogies and other on the first hole.

On my home course the first hole is a quite short par 4, but with a quite steep dogleg left and the green is guarded with water before the green. My score is typically bogey or par with an occasional birdie or double. I guess my average is appr 4,5 shots on that one

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

With or without the mulligan?

It really all depends on the day, I would say depending on the course Bogie or worse... So not so hot

I said bogey but Im not really sure. My first hole is never any different from any other. I can birdie it and also quad the darn thing. But certainly would have more bogeys and doubles than pars and more triples than birds so I voted Bogey.

I golf at a lot of courses so it varies. That said, I would say par. That's normal. I have an occasional bogey but also birdies. One of my three eagles last year one was on a first hole. Generally, I wish all my holes were the first as I do pretty well on them.

I checked, 4.8 on a par 5 for 48 rounds. 4.6 on 2 different par 4's for 26 rounds.

I actually need something in between par and bogey to give an accurate answer. Just considering my home course, I went par because I probably have 6 pars and 4 bogeys on it every 10 rounds.

The first hole at my home course is 612yd par 5. Usually into the wind and the 3rd shot is about 30 to 40 ft up hill to a 3 level green. I'm pretty evenly split between par and bogey.

Bogey...... Yes Bogey, that's what I'm going with...... :alien:

I would say bogey.

I am not disappointed with starting with a bogey, but anything worse sucks.

At my home course it is usually a bogey or worse. This past Sunday I made a par but that is not the norm for me.

Usually a 5, pull out the occasional par here and there

Usually 2 putt bogey

I picked par because I seem to be equally likely to either birdie or bogey the first hole, occasionally double. I suppose if I had real numbers to go by, it might be closer to bogey. I know for sure that I have a tendency to start well and finish poorly.

This year I am close to a par average. Last year it was probably about 1.5 over.

Local course? Par maybe birdie

Travel? Probably par to bogey

for me it's a pretty easy hole but I seem to bogey it most of the time

Most likely it's Bogey for me.

Back