Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope today's round doesn't roll over to tomorrow. Not my best golf.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Let's hope today's round doesn't roll over to tomorrow. Not my best golf.

Me neither, but my short game baled me out, only 28 putts and that was with a 3-putt bogey on 18. Such a beautiful day though. So great to be out on the course.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Got out today for 18 and it was gorgeous. Did u guys get much roll? I was lucky to get 5-10 yards. 6-over / 3-under 75, but there was a lot of room to improve, so hopefully the weather stays nice. Greg- the pull cart is a godsend, loving it. Thanks a ton

Having a cookout today. Tomorrow gonna tear up the course. Can't wait to get out there.

Took today off after 3 straight days of golf. We be back at Brook-Lea tomorrow working in the new irons.

Still working on a date for a Brook-Lea invitational gathering.. I am thinking the first Saturday in August right now, will follow up soon

Took today off after 3 straight days of golf. We be back at Brook-Lea tomorrow working in the new irons.
What'd ya get, Jim?

What'd ya get, Jim?

I had my Mizuno's measured at Custom Golf Advantage and they turned out to be 1 degree upright instead of 2 degrees (or more) flat. Got a set of Bridgestone J-5 cast for inexpensive. So far, they are great. I will write up a review in the gear section in a couple of days.

I had my Mizuno's measured at Custom Golf Advantage and they turned out to be 1 degree upright instead of 2 degrees (or more) flat. Got a set of Bridgestone J-5 cast for inexpensive. So far, they are great. I will write up a review in the gear section in a couple of days.
Nice! I liked the Bridgestone Cast a lot when I hit them at the demo day. Look forward to reading your write-up.

I was going to make an appoint at Custom Golf advantage to get fitted, but I will be putting that off because I will be getting fitted at Callaway HQ in California in December.

For those of you who have not heard, I was lucky enough to win the first Grandaddy contest!!!!!!

To all my Western New York Buddies, make sure you enter all of the Granddaddy Contests. Would love to see a few us represent THP in California.

I was going to make an appoint at Custom Golf advantage to get fitted, but I will be putting that off because I will be getting fitted at Callaway HQ in California in December.

For those of you who have not heard, I was lucky enough to win the first Grandaddy contest!!!!!!

To all my Western New York Buddies, make sure you enter all of the Granddaddy Contests. Would love to see a few us represent THP in California.
Congratulations, that is awesome!!!

I said it in the other thread already but I'll gladly say it again, Congrats Mike!

Congratulations Mike! Go get 'em!

Another 75 today. The weather is beautiful for playing, but when you have as many double bogeys as birdies (2 each) scoring gets tough.

Another 75 today. The weather is beautiful for playing, but when you have as many double bogeys as birdies (2 each) scoring gets tough.
If I hear you complain about a 75 again I may have to find you and punch you :) JK
Nice shooting kid!

If I hear you complain about a 75 again I may have to find you and punch you :) JK
Nice shooting kid!

Haha, I'm sure I'll have a bunch of 80's rounds , but this is basically my last year to give myself a shot at college, so I'm hoping to go real low.

Had a very enjoyable day at Mill Creek golfing with Golds and a couple of his buddies and getting to see Plin, Jess, and choppstixx again as well. My putting was the highlight of my round which is a total 360* from last year. Now I have to get the rest of the game back in order. lol Someday maybe I will put it all together in one round. Shot 48/50=98 but I was messing alot with my swing trying to get more yardage. Finished out the 18th draining a birdie putt from the fringe for my first birdie of the season. Saw some promising results and also some garbage. lol

Got my 1st birdie of the season yesteray (3rd ever). Played a 9 holes for a 46 result. Two par and a birdie. Sadly, got two triples as well.

Very nice to hear other people were making birdies! The funny thing is all my rounds this year have been in the 90's and have been pretty decent, but I just keep thinking of all the shots I left out there. Today shot 46/47 with a few 7's and a 8, yesterday shot a 95 (I think). If only my iron play/a few short putts were better :0) 80's I'm coming for ya this season, on a regular basis!

Got my 1st birdie of the season yesteray (3rd ever). Played a 9 holes for a 46 result. Two par and a birdie. Sadly, got two triples as well.
Good job on the birdie!

Very nice to hear other people were making birdies! The funny thing is all my rounds this year have been in the 90's and have been pretty decent, but I just keep thinking of all the shots I left out there. Today shot 46/47 with a few 7's and a 8, yesterday shot a 95 (I think). If only my iron play/a few short putts were better :0) 80's I'm coming for ya this season, on a regular basis!
Got the same problem, irons are not collaborating. Putting is good though. No holes with more than 2 putts. Definitly looking foward to get under the 100's

Got the same problem, irons are not collaborating. Putting is good though. No holes with more than 2 putts. Definitly looking foward to get under the 100's
46 for 9, you'll be in the 90s regularly before you know it.

Had a great time yesterday playing with Dave, my putter was horrendous (or was it the ridiculously slow greens?). New irons, slow greens, 2 round of the season, I have a lot of excuses!

Had a great time yesterday playing with Dave, my putter was horrendous (or was it the ridiculously slow greens?). New irons, slow greens, 2 round of the season, I have a lot of excuses!
The greens were pretty inconsistent yesterday, but I still managed to putt decently well. Course was in pretty good shape tho, only a few wet areas.

The greens were pretty inconsistent yesterday, but I still managed to putt decently well. Course was in pretty good shape tho, only a few wet areas.

The course was in pretty good shape but going from fast greens Saturday to those killed me. On 17 par 3, I was the only one to get on the green but I was on the back of the green and 4 putted to a double bogey. Looking back at the round, I hit 69% fairways and my irons were getting better and better throughout the round, but the putting was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back