Calling all Carolinians

Well it's official. My wife and I will be moving to NC on May 1st. We have alerted our employers up here as well as our land lord. I think we are going to try and get an apartment in the Huntersville area to start out. I think we will look at some places when we fly down for interviews.

I hope to tee it up with some of you guys when we get down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Huntersville, PM me if you have any questions.

Where to play tomorrow? Home club, Bear GC in MB, Cheraw State Park, or Hackler in Conway.

Well it's official. My wife and I will be moving to NC on May 1st. We have alerted our employers up here as well as our land lord. I think we are going to try and get an apartment in the Huntersville area to start out. I think we will look at some places when we fly down for interviews.

Congrats! I think you will enjoy NC.

Congrats, it's a great place to live for sure

Where to play tomorrow? Home club, Bear GC in MB, Cheraw State Park, or Hackler in Conway.

Think I'll stay localish and play Governors Run in Lamar. Going to try to get to Cheraw by the end of the month. The way #31Courses31Days is shaping up, I have two slots and there is a Donald Ross course (Moore is the name I believe) across the street from Cheraw State Park. Two birds, one stone.

I've got to get to Hackler too. Looks like a fun track. Man its awesome playing golf in the Carolinas. Talk about options!

What is this crap?
509121e3b09362878ee2d265f87a821a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I thought I remembered that the Charleston area had a website for last minute golf deals. I believe it was actually a phone number you would call to grab tee times for the next day that were extremely reasonable.

Anyone know that website?

Carolinians, if you had a bucket list of 10 golf courses, open to the public, in the Carolinas (North and South) to play what would they be?

Carolinians, if you had a bucket list of 10 golf courses, open to the public, in the Carolinas (North and South) to play what would they be?

That I haven't played? Or can ones I have played make it on the list

That I haven't played? Or can ones I have played make it on the list
Definitely. :wink:

Should probably have just asked for Top 10 Carolina Golf Courses. :)

I'm assuming Pinehurst #2 will show up on many (if not all) of the lists.

My former boss is telling me that if I can get to shooting in the mid-80's consistently he can get us onto Sedgefield next year, but that's not public ... and since he still won't invite me to his CC I'm not holding my breath on it. I also think it's a silly benchmark to try to get me to hit to play a course ... I could be a 10 handicap and still have a bad day and shoot 120 there, so what's the point? None of us are getting any younger, let's just play all the golf we can, on all the courses we're able.

If I go to the indoor golf sim in Fuquay, I can play all of them! :alien:

Definitely. :wink:

Should probably have just asked for Top 10 Carolina Golf Courses. :)

I'm assuming Pinehurst #2 will show up on many (if not all) of the lists.

My former boss is telling me that if I can get to shooting in the mid-80's consistently he can get us onto Sedgefield next year, but that's not public ... and since he still won't invite me to his CC I'm not holding my breath on it. I also think it's a silly benchmark to try to get me to hit to play a course ... I could be a 10 handicap and still have a bad day and shoot 120 there, so what's the point? None of us are getting any younger, let's just play all the golf we can, on all the courses we're able.

I'm not sure why he set that benchmark for you? I'm a member and you can play with me anytime you want no matter what you shoot.

I'm not sure why he set that benchmark for you? I'm a member and you can play with me anytime you want no matter what you shoot.
You just made me choke on my Diet Coke! Thanks for the invite and I'll surely take you up on the offer (if you really mean it)!

My former boss is an odd duck. When I first started working here, he asked me to join the Florence CC. I wasn't into golf at that time, so declined. I took up golf around two and a half years ago and asked him this past year about playing a round with him only to have him tell me to talk to him when I could break 90. So it was fine for me to become a member and shoot a bazillion, but once I wanted to play as a guest there was restrictions. Whatever. He's fine to talk golf with and we've been to PGA events as well, but when it gets to playing, he's all ego. I've heard he's a real slow player (like 6 hour round slow from what my friends at the CC tell me), and I'm pretty sure he's one of those people who won't be able to help themselves when it comes to doling out swing advice mid-round, so I'm not really chomping at the bit to play with him. Though I am curious to see if his play is as good as he claims it is.

I'd be happy to crash the party if I can. :D

sure I mean it!
ill pm you later this evening

So it's raining (is that even the right word?) ice. And snow. It's nasty out there. Please be safe everyone.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

​The ground is covered here and it's still coming down. It's going to be a while before I'm able to play golf again. Weather man is saying 10-11 inches for here.

Last edited:
No snow here, but lots of rain. Tomorrow is looking clear but cold. If the courses are open, I will be out there.

​Woke up this morning and looked in my back yard. I can't decide whether to play orange or yellow balls today?

We received about 0.1 mm of snow. At least my wife thinks it's snow ... I think we just have a case of a wee bit extra thick frost going on this morning.

​I can't even get out to hit balls in Golfsmith's simulator.

We have a few inches plus a bunch of ice up here on the lake, it serves absolutely no purpose except to make bad drivers worse lol.

We have a few inches plus a bunch of ice up here on the lake, it serves absolutely no purpose except to make bad drivers worse lol.

I always wonder what YOU YANKEES think about our driving skills when we get a little snow.:drinks:

We were somewhat lucky, didn't get as much ice as they were calling for and just a few inches of snow.

Back