DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm up for tomorrow if anyone else is off. Pick place you wanna play

I'm up for tomorrow if anyone else is off. Pick place you wanna play

Where are you coming from? Not sure where stevie-a is located if he wants to join. I'm cool with walking or riding...most convenient for me would be Prairie Lakes or Meadowbrook....

That sounds good

Booked for 11:07. Only booked it for 2 but the other 2 spots are open if anyone wants them. I'll be there by 10:30. Do I need to bring a push cart for you?

I'm gonna try to get out a little earlier than 11, so hit 'em straight gents.

Just a heads up DFWers, it is your last chance to enter the UST Shaft Spectacular....Totally free and something so amazing it will be talked about for a long time.

Just a heads up DFWers, it is your last chance to enter the UST Shaft Spectacular....Totally free and something so amazing it will be talked about for a long time.
If I could enter again to increase my odds I would!

Hopefully, I will be able to enter next month. Another reason to try and fly home for a long weekend.

How do we make sure we are enter for the UST?

Okay, I'll call and grab a time on Tuesday. Target like 11 or 11:30? Hopefully some peeps can maybe join us also.
I would love to join you boys, but have to be back in town in time to go to a dance performance. So, unfortunately going to have to pass this time.

Please sir!!

Hey bud, sorry to do this but I have to cancel for today. Got a voice mail overnight and a family member needs help with something today. I'll call Meadowbrook when they open and inform them but they have plenty of availability if you still want to head out.

Quick question for you DFW guys. What do you think of Luna Vista?

I am staying five nights at the end of January at the Omni Park West and just looked at the map and saw that Luna Vista is literally 1.5 miles from the hotel. While I am busy with work on Tuesday and Wednesday I'll have the weekend and Monday's free. My wife will be with me but she's a slow starter in the morning so I can usually get in a quick round if I get out early. If Luna Vista is decent, it's awfully convenient.

Quick question for you DFW guys. What do you think of Luna Vista?

I am staying five nights at the end of January at the Omni Park West and just looked at the map and saw that Luna Vista is literally 1.5 miles from the hotel. While I am busy with work on Tuesday and Wednesday I'll have the weekend and Monday's free. My wife will be with me but she's a slow starter in the morning so I can usually get in a quick round if I get out early. If Luna Vista is decent, it's awfully convenient.

I played there for the first time since they renamed it from LB Houston this past fall. It's a nice course ran by the city of Dallas, nothing fancy but I enjoyed it with all the new renovations.

I played there for the first time since they renamed it from LB Houston this past fall. It's a nice course ran by the city of Dallas, nothing fancy but I enjoyed it with all the new renovations.

Concur

Always in nice shape - when it isn't under water! It's a friendly design and the pace is pretty good out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree also. It's may be noisiest course you might play also. I have not played there since it flooded but I bet it's just fine. They spent a lot of money on it not to keep it up. All that said I don't mind playing there at all.

Might be looking to play this Sunday mid AM if anyone is interested. High 60's!!

Thanks for the info. I'll probably play at least one round there and maybe hit the range.

Finding time for a round is an interesting trade-off. If it's close and I can get a round done in 2:45 or less, I could probably golf all 3 mornings. If I go elsewhere and a round takes 5 hours (including getting there and back), I'm lucky if I could get 2 of them. Of course, when I'm on the road and without the wife, I'll get out early and do 36.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back