THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

My goals are more focus on the mental game and to stay within the process as much as possible during the round. I wan to drop 2 strokes off my hdcp and increase my GIR this year.

I don't keep stats for the year but I track stats during the round and I have been below 50% GIR most rounds.

While I like to see people posting goals in here, I'd encourage you to jump n the 2016 goals thread too. I'm betting most that aren't involved from this region don't spend time in here. Likely most won't come in till July time frame. Unless there is a separate thread for the actual "Live Rivalry"

I was thinking about this last night and interested to see what you all think, I coach ice hockey at the high school level and I like to write out practice plans for each practice. I do this for a couple reasons to keep track of what we have done but after the season and prepping for the next season I like to review the time table.

That brings me to this competition will you write out your practice plan and goals? If not how will you keep track of your progress as you prepare for this event?

When I post a score for my handicap, I like to enter all my stats, gir, fir and putts, to track my progress. I like going back and looking at my good rounds vs bad rounds and see where I'm losing strokes. Last year I was losing strokes with my short game, mainly chipping or short pitchs, so that will be a point of emphasis this year.
As far as practice plans, I plan on hitting the range and chipping, putting green 2-3 times a week and playing different courses throughout the year. My goal is drop my handicap but more importantly making sure it travels. I played the same course so much last year that I didn't have to think about each shot as much because I knew I always hit a 9 iron here or 7 iron over there.
But my number one goal is to make the team for the Carolinas, meet some THPers and have some fun. Ok, maybe that's 3 goals, but who's counting!

Damn didn't realize Ron was replaced. :egyptian:

Lol. You guys are crazy.

Man we finally had some sunny skies....then right before Saturday it pours down again and now it's raining again. I've been itching to play more. I did head to my golf shop Friday and ran into the pro at a nearby course (he's was actually on tour -Clarence Rose) and his son. They were watching me hit for a bit and made two small tweaks. One was a mindset change and then a small tweak to how I was taking the club back.

It it yielded great results. More of a free swing, wasn't over drawing or pulling as many shots and it increased my SS average by 3 mph and kept it much more consistent along with strike. I'm looking forward to practicing with that this week hopefully.

When i make adjustments, the results are real when it comes to my irons, wedges, fairway. But my biggest struggle is carrying over that same principle or thought with the driver.

i noticed many of us put down our tee ball being our weakness. How do you plan to not let that derail you when we compete?

For me I'm going to just be thinking 85% and find fairway. As long as I don't take myself out of a hole from the start he rest of my game will hang in there

Was hoping to get some outdoor practice in today. Wasn't worried about the cold; unfortunately this happened .......:at-wits-end:

DSCN3482_zpsfbwut8lv.jpg

Was hoping to get some outdoor practice in today. Wasn't worried about the cold; unfortunately this happened .......:at-wits-end:

DSCN3482_zpsfbwut8lv.jpg

Use orange balls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was telling Michelle (Fiance) a little about this event last night. It's not often she gets excited when I tell her about THP events, but this time I detected a real sense of interest. She was blown away to hear what the MVP gets. She told me I better start practicing...ha I think Captain has a pipeline to her :D

So it must be a special event if it got her attention.

Was telling Michelle (Fiance) a little about this event last night. It's not often she gets excited when I tell her about THP events, but this time I detected a real sense of interest. She was blown away to hear what the MVP gets. She told me I better start practicing...ha I think Captain has a pipeline to her :D

She might just like a trip down to W'burg for a weekend. She can have free reign while you're on the links!

She might just like a trip down to W'burg for a weekend. She can have free reign while you're on the links!

I'd be fine with that, but she is very very hesitant to include herself on any golf trips I take, she feels it's bonding time with the guys, and doesn't want to feel like a ball and chain that I'd have to worry about.

i noticed many of us put down our tee ball being our weakness. How do you plan to not let that derail you when we compete?

For me I'm going to just be thinking 85% and find fairway. As long as I don't take myself out of a hole from the start he rest of my game will hang in there

I figure out what swimg I have going on the range and play that on the course.

she can hangout at the outlets while we play golf. Sounds like a win win

I'd be fine with that, but she is very very hesitant to include herself on any golf trips I take, she feels it's bonding time with the guys, and doesn't want to feel like a ball and chain that I'd have to worry about.

No worries rob...I know Cindy would be up for the outlets with Michelle or any better halves!

Need to have people include the wives/gf/so. Williamsburg is a great area. See where the country was started and if history isn't their thing, there is always the outlet malls.

If the weather cooperates, I plan to play 36 tomorrow. If I go alone, I should be able to do it in around 6 hours.

Been working on my tee game alot lately. Success so far with the last few rounds being around 70% FIR.

If it fails me though, I can either go Fybrid, 3H or 4i and get around 195-180 off the tee and pretty close to center of fairway.

You guys are much more manly than me.. I couldn't imagine playing in 40 degree weather, let alone with snow on the ground.

You guys are much more manly than me.. I couldn't imagine playing in 40 degree weather, let alone with snow on the ground.
I agree. Not to mention the wind!

I'll play below 40, but not with the rain and / or snow. I was originally planning on practicing today, but it was crazy wet with the dusting we got.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I really didn't practice outside today. temp of 40 is okay, but not in the snow.

I'll play below 40, but not with the rain and / or snow. I was originally planning on practicing today, but it was crazy wet with the dusting we got.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Same here, I will play when its cold but not if windy or raining. Tuesdays are one of my usual days I play and as of now forecast high is 34. However we have diamond zoysia greens so they are covered right now due to low temps at night. So for now just practicing chipping and putting in the basement and buying clubs I dont need off the bay because Im bored....lol

Back