TaylorMade M2 Irons Preview

I'm definitely interested in these irons. I'll be getting new irons for this season and will give these a swing. Curious about the hosel on these.
I'm sure it's part weight, but also part carrying on an aesthetic similarity through the m2 line.

So color me confused. M1 driver but no M1 irons (that I can tell from the website). However the M2 line does have M2 irons?

Hard to beat the RSI 1 's I'm using but I will still give them a look.

I'm with you. Surprised to see so much Speedblades love and RSI hate in this thread. I traded in my Speedblades for the Rsi 1's and feel they are far better.

But, different strokes...

I'm with you. Surprised to see so much Speedblades love and RSI hate in this thread. I traded in my Speedblades for the Rsi 1's and feel they are far better.

Speedblades look better IMHO, but I'd expect the RSI 1 to perform better. Various testers on the net have loved the RSI 1 - Shiels ranked it #1 and another site ranked it #1 in their most wanted iron list.

Dave

For me, they were pretty similar. With that I go with the Speedblades based on looks. The face slots, I'm sure they did something, or could be just a placebo effect. Both sets really forgiving and long though.

These I'm interested in. I had a rental set of RSi1 when I was in Hawaii, and they were the definition of stupid easy to hit, and super long. And I think I hit a 195 yard 6 iron at one point. I also loved the SpeedBlades. If these are anything like either of those, they'll be a great iron.

These I'm interested in. I had a rental set of RSi1 when I was in Hawaii, and they were the definition of stupid easy to hit, and super long. And I think I hit a 195 yard 6 iron at one point. I also loved the SpeedBlades. If these are anything like either of those, they'll be a great iron.
You hit mine crazy good too during our round in the cold.

I think a lot of guys liked them. I remember that each member of their "THP Staff" from the Morgan Cup received a set to replace their SLDR irons and the guys enjoyed them.

I think a lot of guys liked them. I remember that each member of their "THP Staff" from the Morgan Cup received a set to replace their SLDR irons and the guys enjoyed them.

Yeah, that was really fun to follow - I think they had them in hand before they were even were announced, right?

You hit mine crazy good too during our round in the cold.

I think one of the shots I hit was somewhere waaay out on the toe and still ended up on the green. I do agree with you that I think the aesthetics of the SpeedBlade were a whole lot better though.

I've been impressed with TM's efforts lately. Hope to see some solid equipment this year.

For me, they were pretty similar. With that I go with the Speedblades based on looks. The face slots, I'm sure they did something, or could be just a placebo effect. Both sets really forgiving and long though.

Fair enough. Both looked good to me.

I hardly notice the face slots anymore, I guess you must get used to them with time. I am a fan of them though, so will be curious to see if TM sticks with them in these irons.

I may be in the minority of THPers (and golfers) that really enjoyed the SLDR irons. I believe the SLDR irons and the Speedbladez are without a doubt the two best iron sets they have released in YEARS.

I may be in the minority of THPers (and golfers) that really enjoyed the SLDR irons. I believe the SLDR irons and the Speedbladez are without a doubt the two best iron sets they have released in YEARS.
Loved the profile of the SLDR irons.

I liked them too.

Loved the profile of the SLDR irons.
Probably why I liked them so much. Also, the shaft pairing of the C-Taper lights for me is key.
I liked them too.
I think so many people piled on with the hate of them because of the misery that was the SLDR driver.

Probably why I liked them so much. Also, the shaft pairing of the C-Taper lights for me is key.

I think so many people piled on with the hate of them because of the misery that was the SLDR driver.
That and they got replaced literally 6 months later with the RSI 2. Launched in May, replaced in November. My only knock on them was the bright chrome finish, but they sure did perform.

It could have been. Also could have been the contradictions in marketing was confusing.
I mean during the SLDR irons launch, they said forged irons were dead. Then came out with forged irons. Then less than 6 months later, they were replaced.

I thought they looked great, had a great profile and launched well.

That and they got replaced literally 6 months later with the RSI 2. Launched in May, replaced in November. My only knock on them was the bright chrome finish, but they sure did perform.
Good point.

I miss their original TP lineup. MBs were beauty!!!

I didn't hate SLDR, and I didn't hate SpeedBlade either. They both worked alright, just not for me. Sounded like a dumpster getting punched by cats with tin cans on their feet.

TaylorMade M2 Irons Preview

I miss their original TP lineup. MBs were beauty!!!

I didn't hate SLDR, and I didn't hate SpeedBlade either. They both worked alright, just not for me. Sounded like a dumpster getting punched by cats with tin cans on their feet.

I'm with you dude on the TP irons. I loved those. hopefully some iron in this release cycle get people excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

added pics to the 1st post as TaylorMade announces the release of the M2 irons.

I dig the looks. A little more sleek looking than the AeroBurners, which may help them on the shelves. Definitely interested to give these a hit, especially if they have more of a SpeedBlade feel than the RSi1s

Burner 2.0 meet Speedblade?

Back