The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady will play in his 10th Conference Championship. The next closest is Montana with 7. IMO Brady is the GOAT & it's not close

I'd take Montana over Brady without even hesitating.

How come?

I just personally think Montana is the greatest QB of all time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Brady at all, I think he's a great QB. Just that if it came down to choosing Montana or Brady in their prime to be the QB of my team, I'd pick Montana without hesitation. I'm also pretty biased being a life long 49er fan.

I just personally think Montana is the greatest QB of all time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Brady at all, I think he's a great QB. Just that if it came down to choosing Montana or Brady in their prime to be the QB of my team, I'd pick Montana without hesitation. I'm also pretty biased being a life long 49er fan.
Hahaha fair enough. I like Montana, but if you take away Rice I'm not sure how great he would of been.

Hahaha fair enough. I like Montana, but if you take away Rice I'm not sure how great he would of been.

I think you could say that about almost every QB though. Brady doesn't always look that good when he's missing Gronk and Edelman.

Dear god, Mike Mularkey has the 2nd worst winning percentage in NFL history. Why did we give him his third job in this league?

That always sticks in my mind as well, both Montana and Brady were the best of their respective eras, but I think Brady is putting himself in a level all his own, GOAT.

I would probably go Montana also and I'm not a Niner's fan or a Brady hater. I don't think Brady would fair near as well playing in Montana's era. On the flipside Montana would be great in todays game still.

I guess I'm just not sure why Montana throwing to Rice is any different than Brady throwing to Gronk, Moss, Welker, Hernandez, etc.

I guess I'm just not sure why Montana throwing to Rice is any different than Brady throwing to Gronk, Moss, Welker, Hernandez, etc.
Because it's just that IMO, Montana to Rice, VS Brady to Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Amandola, Edelman, Moss, And anyone else who went down field.

Bc Rice is the best WR of all time & Brady did it constantly with average WR at best. Not saying Moss, Gronk, Edelman, Welker are not good, but compared to Rice they are avg.

Brady consistently did more with less and without any semblance of a running game. Montana had oline and RB help Brady never had had.

Because it's just that IMO, Montana to Rice, VS Brady to Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Amandola, Edelman, Moss, And anyone else who went down field.

I'm not sure I follow that logic, but it's all good. They are both great QB's.

Bc Rice is the best WR of all time & Brady did it constantly with average WR at best. Not saying Moss, Gronk, Edelman, Welker are not good, but compared to Rice they are avg.

Brady consistently did more with less and without any semblance of a running game. Montana had oline and RB help Brady never had had.

Gronk and Randy Moss are average? They aren't average compared to anybody.

Was Rice only as good though because he had Montana and Young? How does Rice fair with Manziel, Vince Young or any other poor to mediocre QB?

I'm not taking anything away from Rice. He's my favorite player of all time and was absolutely unreal to watch but it begs the question nonetheless.

A great QB can make average WRs look better. A great WR can't make an average QB look that good. If the QB can't get it to the WR, it never matters.

I'd personally want Montana over Brady but that's the Niners fan talking. Either QB could play in any era and dominate

Gronk and Randy Moss are average? They aren't average compared to anybody.

Comparing to Rice I think they are average and not on his level. They are both great players, but IMO don't come close to Rice's body of work.

It's splitting hairs I know, but that's the fun part.

Comparing to Rice I think they are average and not on his level. They are both great players, but IMO don't come close to Rice's body of work.

It's splitting hairs I know, but that's the fun part.
When you look at the record books, there's Rice at top an no one else even close. It's crazy to see how much he did and for how long

And let's not forget there were others including a fantastic running game.

Moss played 3 full seasons with New England.

Brady will play in his 10th Conference Championship. The next closest is Montana with 7. IMO Brady is the GOAT & it's not close

Hard to argue with that, and I'm a Niners fan, but those who disagree will usually bring up two things. First is him losing Super Bowls and second are the 'scandals' the Pats have been involved in. Those aside though it's hard to disagree especially when you consider the success he's had without legit #1 WRs.

I think one of the first Super Bowls the Pats won, the WRs were Troy Brown and David Givens.

Montana played in the scab games.
I can't understand how anybody can respect him after that.

As for the GOAT, put me firmly in the Brady column.
Patriots fan questioning any other player's credibility and integrity...Mr Pot, let me introduce you to Mr Kettle.

Montana played in the scab games.
I can't understand how anybody can respect him after that.

As for the GOAT, put me firmly in the Brady column.
And how about all the scandals around Brady? Or does the helmet and logo make those go away?

I'd say Brady has been part of some of the largest/worst scandals in the NFL. Do we just overlook all of that?

If we're talking about class in the NFL, the Patriots are a bottle of Dom Perignon in a case of Night Train.

As far as Montana, I don't think that even Aaron Hernandez did anything worse than being a scab. That's the lowest of the low.

If we're talking about class in the NFL, the Patriots are a bottle of Dom Perignon in a case of Night Train.

As far as Montana, I don't think that even Aaron Hernandez did anything worse than being a scab. That's the lowest of the low.

Seriously?
You are going to compare crossing a union line to cold blooded murder?

Im from Boston and know the city well. Thankfully most of the fans would not agree with that assessment.

Wow...that's pretty sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back