how picky are you with ball wear and tear? When do you replace?

how picky are you with ball wear and tear? When do you replace?

• at the slightest blemish

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • when small scuffing is present

Votes: 37 24.7%
  • when more moderate scuffing is present

Votes: 69 46.0%
  • will play it untill large significant damage

Votes: 37 24.7%

• Total voters
I will replace my golf ball once I have major scrapes on it. However I won't toss it into the woods or the lake, but keep them to hit in my practice area.

I usually lose them before they get too worn. Minor scuffs don't bother me, but if there's a deep blemish/chunk, I'll put it in the shag bag/donate pile.

If it's cuts or scrapped pretty bad then I swap it out. New Bridgestone balls are great with wear and tear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have such a surplus of golf balls that I usually replace the ball after each round. I then place that ball in either 2 boxes at home, the practice box or the still playable box. So

If it's cuts or scrapped pretty bad then I swap it out. New Bridgestone balls are great with wear and tear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just switched to the Srixon Z Star XV from the TM TPX and holy cow they hold up well and stay white. Really unless I hit a path or really nail a tree these balls still look fairly mint after 18 holes.

If I think it will impact my play, especially putting, than I replace it. So a moderate amount of a blemish it gets replaced for me.,

Where is the "Will play until I lose it option"?

Where is the "Will play until I lose it option"?

I'd assume that fits into the "large significant damage" option. Unless your playing balls that look like they were in a grinder.lol

Dont care what it looks like. Not too picky. I just reach and play whatever i grab. Some are scuffed some are new. So I would be the "play it till you lose it" category as well.

Back