Conservative or Liberal Golf Brands

annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
Today’s elections got me wondering how I view brands in the golf industry. Are the seen in general as conservative or liberal . Here’s a few of my votes. Nobody is wrong here just a perception

Conservative

Titleist
Wilson
FootJoy
Peter Millar
Bridgestone
Tour Edge

Liberal

Cobra
Puma
Callaway
Linksoul
Exotics

Today’s elections got me wondering how I view brands in the golf industry. Are the seen in general as conservative or liberal . Here’s a few of my votes. Nobody is wrong here just a perception

Conservative

Titleist
Wilson
FootJoy
Peter Millar
Bridgestone
Tour Edge

Liberal

Cobra
Puma
Callaway
Linksoul
Exotics

I have no idea how I'd identify any golf company as conservative or liberal unless they made a public statement on the subject. I'd hope that none of my favorite brands were ever proven to be liberal because I'd have to find a new company to buy from.

I think "traditional" vs "progressive" would be a better label.

If any golf company actually got political, they would be silly not to go conservative given the demographics of the golfing community.

I have no idea how I'd identify any golf company as conservative or liberal unless they made a public statement on the subject. I'd hope that none of my favorite brands were ever proven to be liberal because I'd have to find a new company to buy from.

Sorry this wasn’t meant to be political in any way. I meant more like are their designs principles and product lines conservative or liberal. Example to me Cobra takes chances I view that as liberal. If it doesn’t work for you no sweat.

That’s a great attitude to have. Steer clear of some of the Zoo Crew guys on social media if you want to enjoy Callaway products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry this wasn’t meant to be political in any way. I meant more like are their designs principles and product lines conservative or liberal. Example to me Cobra takes chances I view that as liberal. If it doesn’t work for you no sweat.

I gotcha now. With the mention of elections, it was an easy mistake.

That’s a great attitude to have. Steer clear of some of the Zoo Crew guys on social media if you want to enjoy Callaway products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have to? It's one thing for the employees to express opinions, but if the company makes the stance, that's a no go.

Did not understand the response to this thread, but see it like this... although i don't like labels.

Willing to make daring change (Liberal)

Slow to change, copy successful tech (Conservative)

My biggest slow to change or copy successful tech was Titleist

A few who dare - Callaway, TEE, Cobra

Moderate - Ping

Interesting that Tour Edge is conservative but Tour Edge Exotics is Liberal.

Yep I see Tour Edge as basic and price driven. Exotics as cool materials. Taking chances.

Yep I see Tour Edge as basic and price driven. Exotics as cool materials. Top quality Taking chances.

Conservative

Titleist
Wilson
FootJoy
Peter Millar
Bridgestone
Tour Edge

Liberal

Cobra
Puma
Callaway
Linksoul
Exotics

More so than any other company, I think Cleveland works outside the box and is willing to try truly innovative club design concepts.

Hilarious thread. Love it.

I wear Puma. Play Callaway. Nike shoes.

I wonder what that says about each of us in our bags....

Ping Driver and Wedges - Moderate
Mizuno Irons - Moderate
PXG Hybrids - Nothing crazy here - Moderate (more like Ping)
Directed Force Putter - Lib - Taking Chances
Ball - Callaway CS - Lib - Takes Chances

i think all golf brands are conservative? dont see too many millennial liberals affording golf

jk

i think all golf brands are conservative? dont see too many millennial liberals affording golf

jk

This is completely off topic, but my experience has been different, at least for the last year or two. I play public course, mostly munis, and I am continually surprised how populated they are with groups of guys in their 20s or early 30s. Might be just my location, or might be the Tiger effect.

My son and his friends play plenty of golf. All in college and have jobs to afford themselves a few fun things. They aren’t playing fancy places but they don’t seem to care.

Back