Sam Ryder's pants - Ya or Nay?

Jimmy3864

“JimmyD”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was watching a little of the final round last night on PVR and couldn't get over the look of Sam Ryder's garb. He was wearing very short legged pants with ankle socks resulting in his leg showing between his pant leg and sock.

i am pretty conservative in my golf fashion but would you wear the Sam Ryder "look" on the course? In my case, never!

It was only a matter of time really. It’s a very common look for the college aged set right now.

It’s not my style, it it’s not all that outlandish really.

I have no issues with him wearing it. The entire world should have issues with me trying to pull that look off.

If they are flexible I say go for it, the more fitted and stretchy a shirt is the easier it is to play golf in it imo. I'm not a small guy either. The old billowing style of clothes just don't look that good and get in the way of free movement.

I was watching a little of the final round last night on PVR and couldn't get over the look of Sam Ryder's garb. He was wearing very short legged pants with ankle socks resulting in his leg showing between his pant leg and sock.

i am pretty conservative in my golf fashion but would you wear the Sam Ryder "look" on the course? In my case, never!

No. It would be a horrible look for me.

That's going to be a no for me.

Sam Ryder's pants - Ya or Nay?

Greyson makes incredible clothes with impeccable details and quality. Don’t love the look of these pants, but looks ok without the socks. Don’t think I could pull it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hideous. Big no vote for me. Also, I’m nowhere near the target demographic so my opinion means zippo.

Not good for me but I have no problem if that's what he likes!

My thunder thighs and beer belly would never be contained in that look

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would never wear that look. I don't care if others want to wear it.

The days of me having a 32" waist are gone, I'd have to pass on the look. I'm all for it if you can pull it off. Sage advice from an old friend outside a certain yoga clothing store, "It's a privilege, not a right"

I think if I combined them with my "Dad Shoes" the golf world might implode.

Pic?? I'm too lazy to google right now...........

I understand baggy looks sloppy. I understand having a neater appearance. I understand fitted vs non fitted. What I don’t understand are people that enjoy wearing nut hugging Saran Wrap floods . There is no practicality anymore when it comes to athletic wear. I don’t have a problem with people that want to look different and they are totally free to do so as long as it looks appropriate. But i am also allowed to think you look like an idiot when you do so. They look uncomfortable. Unpractical in wet conditions. Restrictive to say the least. They basically look like skinny jeans for golfers. Why not just wear yoga pants.....

OK for some. I am not among those some.

That would be a firm no for me!

68819f4b1b8269a3f9164b8d0889b9f1.jpg
e85bb8766235e48c9e7c528c1136f646.jpg

No. Call me old fashioned, but I think they look unprofessional.

Nobody should wear those on the golf course.....

I think it looks unprofessional and just silly.

They look like joggers, similar to what Ricky Fowler wore. I am not keen on the length of the elastic cuff, but, I would wear them. They look quite comfortable.

I’m not a fan of that look.

Back