Most memorable club(s) you have ever played?

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
This could go a lot of ways, but might be fun.

What is/are the most memorable club(s) that you have ever played? Most importantly though, WHY?

Bridgestone J15 DPFs - the winning prize from the Bridgestone Champ victory in 2014

Cobra F7+ Driver - winning prize from taking down Ambition - the Matte Blue checkered flag head was fantastic

• Staff
Nickent 4DX Evolver driver.

It is literally what hooked me into wanting/craving to learn more about golf club tech.

845s and the Big Bertha Warbird stuff.

I was brand new to golf and young. I fell in love with the game and those clubs at the same time.

I have to say my Callaway Apex irons from the first #TheGrandaddy back in 2013. I gamed them for 5 seasons pretty much straight through and it always reminded me of the experiences to get them.

Now my new irons in the sig are the next memorable ones!

Bridgestone J40 DPC. It was the first iron that everything just seemed to click with. I think back to that seasons ball striking quite a bit.

The Cobra King LTD is another one. That was such a cool looking club and I loved the tech story behind it. Plus it was probably the first driver I ever hit decent.

It will be the Tour Edge clubs that I will be receiving in the next few weeks. First ever real fitting and took about 7 months worth of diligence, and good/lucky picking, to win the ultimate prize.

The TM SLDR for being one of the least forgiving drivers I’ve attempted to play.

Bridgestone J15 CB’s for both their sleek design and performance. And at a lower price than most competitors.

Seven cb 2017 irons........Straight, high flight, soft landing......Superb!

HiBore driver. That thing was funky but a bomber with the pro force

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boom Boom driver. Freddie was (is) cool.

Big Bertha warbird. Changed drivers in my opinion.

A Callaway Warbird driver a coworker built for me when I was competing in long drive competitions 20 years ago.
He put that head on a 50" steel shaft. (was legal back then)
I used it in regular play as well. I was averaging 290-300 from the tee in regular play and I learned to hit it from the fairway and could reach 275 with a decent lie.

My 2014 Morgan Cup Cobra Bio Cell setup

My RAM Gene Littler irons because they were my first ever set (hand me downs from my Grandpa)
Callaway Great Big Bertha (original) because that was the first time I was really amazed at a driver, couldn't believe how big and how good that driver was
Nike Pro Combo (original circa 2003 or so) because it was those irons that I really took huge leaps in my playing ability with...and they were SOOOOO pretty to look at!

two come to mind.

bridgestone j815 driver. so much fun.

macgregor pro-c irons with nippon 1150gh shafts. one of the best looking and feeling irons i can ever remember gaming.

Everything Rogue.... mainly because it was only available to us at the Grandaddy and I received my full bag before my friend on the tour (who is sponsored by Callaway) got his in hand

The first golf club I ever won, Odyssey 2 Ball SRT. Bought it with money I won at a work golf pool maybe a decade ago now for The Masters. It was also the first brand new club I ever bought, still have it in the basement and roll it from time to time down there.

In high school I had a Scotty Cameron mallet putter that came free with a set of DCI Oversize Blacks. I couldn't hit the ball anywhere in high school but I could shoot low 80s because I could make putts from everywhere with that thing.

Probably shouldn't have smashed it into the ground until it bent 10 degrees left. Even then, I still played a few rounds with it.

I think the original Taylor Made "Pittsburgh Persimmon" driver convinced me that I could give up my old 2-wood off the tee. And I remember back then that I could "crush" it.

I thought of another one that I lusted after, the old Ping Isopur putters. My buddy had one and I wanted one so dang bad.

My Hogan Apex Edge irons. Still in the bag.

My Heavenwood.
I’ve gotten along with it from the beginning, and although no longer in the bag, it’s on ready standby.

Simply love the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pine Valley, Cypress Point, Augusta National and Pebble Beach. Because they are usually ranked as the top four. Oh......you meant club as in hitting implement.

Pine Valley, Cypress Point, Augusta National and Pebble Beach. Because they are usually ranked as the top four. Oh......you meant club as in hitting implement.

Yessir, that’s why it’s in the equipment section :alien:

Cleveland Launcher Comp driver. First club I ever really loved and was super proud of.

Back