Your first hole of 2016?

Mine was Monday, and I had a par. Worm-burner 3 wood off the tee, nice little short iron to about 25 ft, first putt misses by about 3 inches, high side, tap in for par

Played Twin Creeks in Allen, TX. First hole is the easiest hole on the course. From the white tees its @ 285 yds. 4 wood off the tee left me 80 yards to the pin. A 50 degree tugged a bit left into a greenside bunker. Bunkers were crap today as it rained yesterday and they weren't raked. Despite that, landed my shot @ 10 feet past the hole and two putted for Bogey.

Played Hickory Ridge in Carbondale, IL today. My first hole of 2016 was a par 4 dogleg left, just short of 400 yards going straight at the hole. The winter tees were about 20 yards shorter than normal and my drive went just a little right of where I wanted to be, so I ended up across the fairway at the turn.

The approach look:

I tried to hit a knockdown 7i onto the right side of the green, the trap on the left is deep and can be really tough to get out of. Right side would have left an uphill putt too. Of course I hit the little dead limb hanging off the Pine tree and ended up 40 yards short. Hit it on and 2 putted for bogey. One stupid dead tree limb away from a par or even a birdie...

I've been socked in by cold weather, including snow, since the New Year.

I'm in Arizona. This is not supposed to happen.

Bogey on #1 which I'll take most rounds of the year. Got a stroke so the match is even into 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I 3 putted from 25 feet yesterday on the 1st hole. The good news is I made 3 birdies after that on the front nine and added 1 more on the back for an even par 72 on the day.

352 yard par 4.

My drive barely found the heel so I was fortunate to be in the fairway. 6i from 165 was just short of the front of the green. 2 putt from there for par.

It was a disaster ! I hit my first tee shot on the road you see to the left!! I went on and finish with 3 putts .... :banghead: Finished the round at 88

8665372f-0188-44b2-845a-7a1cb96fb368_zpsttq80hiu.jpg

A local THP gathering at Dormie Club, a Crenshaw/Coore course that exemplifies Pinehurst golf at its best. On a brisk southern winter morning, ok, it was only ~45° or so, I got paired with someone I have played with a few times and know he can play, his son, whom I've also heard has game and a new to the group, player, whom I watched on the range and saw his impressive swing. To set the stage a little more, I had only man aged one 18 hole round and two 9's in the past three months. My range warm up was nothing to brag about and my few driver shots even less.

I managed a decent drive into the middle of the fairway and put my approach shot a foot or two off the green about 20 ft from the flag. Now all morning, I'd been hearing about how treacherous the greens are, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Well, I putted to about a ft and a half and heard a "that's good" and I happily picked up my par of my first hole of 2016!!

Par 5.
Driver
Punch 6I
6I to 6 feet
Missed birdie

still waiting I have not touched my clubs since Dec 3rd & i live in Florida, that seems odd

Started the year with a birdie. 320 yard par 4 - 3 wood up the right hand side into the first cut, 58 yards to the flag so hit 3/4 60 degree to about 3 foot and sunk the putt.

What should have been an easy 370 yard par 4 turned into a mess... quickly.

I had been having 'fears' of properly swinging irons because I'm petrified that I'm going to break the Optishot unit I got for Christmas. On the range, you could tell that my tendency was to try and 'pick' the ball because nothing I hit was clean... it was all bladed shots.

My tee shots, on the other hand, were just what I had been experiencing on Optishot.

So, on the first tee, I hit a decent enough drive that went just over 200 yards (cold air, extra clothes and tight muscles I guess) and landed in the left rough just behind a large fairway bunker.

It left me about 160 to the pin, which should be a 6 iron for me. I topped the ball, but it made it over the trap into the fairway. From there, I had about 105 to the hole. My approach wedge was a little long. I chipped up to about 5 feet and missed the putt a little on the low side, leaving me a tap-in for a double bogey to start 2016.

Could have been worse, I suppose.

I have a long wait a head here in Wisconsin -3 today. I'll tell you what tho, I have a special cigar ready for my first hole of 2016. Can't wait!!!

Got my first round of the year in last Friday at Dos Lagos in Corona. 405yd par 4. 3W off the tee to the right side of the fairway. 130yds in, hit a 52* to the back of the green leaving me about 30'. 2 putted for par. It's gonna be a good year. :clap:

At Dulwich and Sydenham Golf Club in London today. 222 yard par three.

Driver to fringe, Chutt to 10 feet, two putt bogey.

Short par 4. Over played the side hill approach shot but still ended up with a long putt for birdie. 4 putts later I walked away with a double bogey.

Finally got in the first round of the year in Dallas today. In from out-of-town and a friend of mine and I hooked up with threeboysdad and Darin at Luna Vista.

Par'd #1 with a pretty good drive leaving about 80 yards, a bad wedge short of the green, a chip to about 5' and a putt for par. The hole was a decent start to the year and I had some good holes & shots but it's off to the range tomorrow to see if I can knock of the rust and get my tempo back.

A bogey at tpc Las vegas

A rare chance to golf on January 31 in Michigan. Played at Bedford Hills GC. First hole was Wolverine #1, par 4. Hybrid right side of fairway. Chunked the second shot but chipped on in 3. 2 putts for a bogey.

My first hole of 2016 was at Southern Hills in Hawkinsville, GA. Made par on the par 4 #1. This is a hole that I usually double bogey so I was super pleased with a par.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A rare chance to golf on January 31 in Michigan. Played at Bedford Hills GC. First hole was Wolverine #1, par 4. Hybrid right side of fairway. Chunked the second shot but chipped on in 3. 2 putts for a bogey.

Rare here as well. My first hole was a par 4 for double bogie.

Played Saturday. 1st hole par 4.
Went just a scoash right. Then had to punch out with a 7i to keep from going up in trees. It stopped about 5' from the green and chipped up and 2 putt. Wasn't happy but 1st hole of 2016, I couldn't complain too much

My first hole won't happen till my league starts the first week of April, but I did drain a 25 footer for par on the sim with a bunch of Michigan guys.

Back