Cobra F-MAX SuperLite FW Wood Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I've gotta stop reading James' excellent reviews. He's so convincing.

Another excellent write up James! Excellent to see cobra carrying the same theme through the FWs that you saw in the driver.

I tend to agree with you that more people could benefit from the extra forgiveness than will give this a shot. That’s a little sad to see, but those willing this should be an excellent club.

Great review, could definitely see myself looking at these clubs very closely when I'm in the market next.

Thanks for reading everyone!

Great info, and I think this one may hit an even bigger demographic than the driver. How do the ball speeds compare for you? Are they close enough to other offerings? Looks like a few were very close to 150 which is crazy

Great info, and I think this one may hit an even bigger demographic than the driver. How do the ball speeds compare for you? Are they close enough to other offerings? Looks like a few were very close to 150 which is crazy

Yeah, I actually agree with you there. More golfers struggle with fairways off the deck than would care to admit it.

Ball speed was ok for the design. My gamer situates around 153-158 for me, so it was a little lower, but I also had to not truly turn hard after it because of not just the right to left nature being exaggerated but also the shaft fit.

Tried the 3W yesterday off the mat at the golf center. No launch monitor data. Hit it well, but not as well as a G400 3W, and both were significantly better than my current TEE EX10 Beta.

When I catch the Beta well, it gives pretty good results. But my usual result is a pretty good slice.

The F-Max was better. Consistently the highest of the three, and the occasional baby draw, but three slices in twelve shots. About as long as the Beta. It felt good, but it also felt light. I think a lot of golfers are going to like this club.

G400 was slightly longer than the other two, but by far the most consistent. Four slices in thirty shots and three of them would be acceptable, and one straight pull about fifteen yards left of target. The rest were high baby fades. A very consistent club along the lines of the driver, the kind of consistency I have been seeking in a 3W.

I just read James' review on this and I think it could be a good fit for me as a sweeper. Has anyone else tried this?

Another great write-up Jman.

MIssed reading this one when it was posted. I'm actually very intrigued with this club from an off the deck perspective. With a shaft that is stouter and fits my swing better I think this can really be a weapon to hit and hold greens from a distance. My only concern is the offset, as my stock flight is right to left.

Back