2015 #TheGauntlet Travel Thread

Sounds like a plan! You gonna book the room? And I believe I have an air mattress but I'll be traveling with at least two others so if you have one that would save us some space in the #MVPwagon

Yeah I can book the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a plan! You gonna book the room? And I believe I have an air mattress but I'll be traveling with at least two others so if you have one that would save us some space in the #MVPwagon

It's going to be really awkward when the "MVP wagon" doesn't have the MVP in it. :alien:

It's going to be really awkward when the "MVP wagon" doesn't have the MVP in it. :alien:

Why wouldn't he be? did you not see me make my plans?

I arrive at 9:29 AM on Friday at O'Hare and will have a rental car. If anyone's arriving at the same time and wants a ride, we can make it happen. Probably can't take more than one though - not enough room in an intermediate these days.

Im loving the team rooms guys. Awesome.

If Wardy doesn't make it alive... I'll be a short drive away :)

Team hotel rooms? Take this competition off the course as well? Hopefully wardy makes it alive or else things will get interesting.

Hotel booked for Miller Time and me. Brianmk24 want to join us in the team Rhi room? Room has a sleeper sofa.

Hotel booked for Miller Time and me. Brianmk24 want to join us in the team Rhi room? Room has a sleeper sofa.

Just got home and saw the hotel info. That sounds good to me.

amsmith61 and I are bunking up together at the Hyatt for Fri/saturday.

I am flying in to O'Hare (1st class baby!) at 1:15 pm on Friday. Got a car since it looks like a cab ride would be about $70 each way from the Hyatt to O'Hare.

Staying at the Hampton by O'Hare Sunday night (using rewards points for that one) and flying back Monday morning @ 8am.

Last edited:
I have an air mattress, but only have a hand pump currently. That could be fun lol. Don't the rooms have a fold out couch?

I have an air mattress, but only have a hand pump currently. That could be fun lol. Don't the rooms have a fold out couch?
They do have a sleeper sofa. Confirmed by the reservations agent I spoke with.

Each Hyatt Place room has a living room area that has a small fridge desk and sectional pull out sofa. Then a half wall divider with two beds and the bathroom on the other side. The TV is in the middle and swivels to face either the bedroom side or the living room side.

Small bathoom and closet, but the "living space" is really large.

Fold out couches are a last resort. Haven't found one without that bar going right across my back haha

Fold out couches are a last resort. Haven't found one without that bar going right across my back haha
I'm not convinced that anyone on our team could fit on a pull out couch! Haha

I'm not convinced that anyone on our team could fit on a pull out couch! Haha

Haha we should have the biggest team there. If we suck at golf im sure we could join the Bears practice squad lol

I bet you guys could still lose collectively 60 lbs as a team before arrival if you wanted to.

I bet you guys could still lose collectively 60 lbs as a team before arrival if you wanted to.
And we would still be the biggest team there haha

Since committing to doing something active at least once a day and watching the amount of crap I eat I'm down 10 lbs. I still have more to go to reach my goal but it's something I'm taking day by day. It's pretty cool what someone can do with the added motivation of having teammates depending on you

Since committing to doing something active at least once a day and watching the amount of crap I eat I'm down 10 lbs. I still have more to go to reach my goal but it's something I'm taking day by day. It's pretty cool what someone can do with the added motivation of having teammates depending on you
This event has me more motivated than ever and I am doing whatever it takes to get myself ready both physically and mentally so I can help my team repeat what JRod and the guys did last year!

That is awesome brother. Im following along and have my own goals that I plan to reach by this one.

Haha we should have the biggest team there. If we suck at golf im sure we could join the Bears practice squad lol
Maybe I don't want to lend you my air mattress :angel: Totally kidding!

For real you can use my air mattress if you need one. Queen size. I really do only have a hand/foot pump though.

Maybe I don't want to lend you my air mattress :angel: Totally kidding!

For real you can use my air mattress if you need one. Queen size. I really do only have a hand/foot pump though.
If anyone uses an air mattress I have an electric pump I coukd bring.

ammsmith61 and I are bunking up together at the Hyatt for Fri/saturday.

I am flying in to O'Hare (1st class baby!) at 1:15 pm on Friday. Got a car since it looks like a cab ride would be about $70 each way from the Hyatt to O'Hare.

Staying at the Hampton by O'Hare Sunday night (using rewards points for that one) and flying back Monday morning @ 8am.

Hotel is booked and I am looking forward to it!!

Back