Fall 2014 Central Iowa Get Together

Wedge Milwaukee and Chicago airports are closed due to fog.... Can u do something about this :)

It isn't fog. The Chicago center building is on fire (Air Traffic Control for Chicago Airspace). I'm stuck in Nashville. Suppose to be going home today. This sucks!

Tap talking my way thru the World of golf!

It isn't fog. The Chicago center building is on fire (Air Traffic Control for Chicago Airspace). I'm stuck in Nashville. Suppose to be going home today. This sucks!

Oh lovely!!

Can't even see our plane out the window it's so dense

Where are you?

Oh Ohare and Midway are fine. It's the control center being on fire

Who you flying? Go take the commuter bus To Ohare

Who you flying? Go take the commuter bus To Ohare

Southwest/air Tran. Clubs and luggage are already on the plane. Gonna miss our connection in Atlanta. Might have to drive to PGA National from there..... I think I see the sun.....

I haven't played for a few weeks. I will just apologize to team Iowa now for what Im sure will not be a stellar round. :confused2:

Southwest/air Tran. Clubs and luggage are already on the plane. Gonna miss our connection in Atlanta. Might have to drive to PGA National from there..... I think I see the sun.....

Ouch. Best of luck!

I haven't played for a few weeks. I will just apologize to team Iowa now for what Im sure will not be a stellar round. :confused2:

Well you still have time to get to the range. It isn't about how you play. It is about playing with fellow THP golfers! Don't worry though, the golden cows will be staying in a Iowa! !

BTW at a1/4 mile visibility in MKE Right now, they can takeoff. It is the fire in Chicago that is keeping you there.

BTW at a1/4 mile visibility in MKE Right now, they can takeoff. It is the fire in Chicago that is keeping you there.

Why can't I see the plane?! And why do they tell us it's a weather/fog delay?!

Not sure. The Tower is saying 1/4 mile visibility. With that at 99% of the airports you can takeoff.

Not sure. The Tower is saying 1/4 mile visibility. With that at 99% of the airports you can takeoff.

Flight was cancelled.... Wtf do we do now?

Oh Damn! See what Southwest offers. See if they can book you thru Nashville. Call JB and tell him to get the THP jet in the air to pick you up!

Take a flight anywhere they can get you to connect to anywhere close to Florida so you can drive.

Take a flight anywhere they can get you to connect to anywhere close to Florida so you can drive.

That's the plan....

I had checked so many posts for multiquote, it was going to be too cumbersome.

I had heard about this delay on the radio on my way in to work. Crazy. I know southwest flies to several locations in and around florida. You probably will just have to goto DSM first, or somewhere East (I'm not sure where any east hubs are after chicago).

Quail, don't worry about the golf. It's all in good fun. We are honestly just there to enjoy nice golf courses and have a good time. I've been to a good number of these. Scores range anywhere from mid-70s to 3-digits, and the guys who shoot 3 digits are always having just as much fun as the guys in the mid 70s. It's all about fun.

~Rock

I have a good friend that lives in Chicago. Just asked him. He said it was a radar station in Aurora that caught fire.

Not that it is of any help to you guys to know that.

~Rock

I had checked so many posts for multiquote, it was going to be too cumbersome.

I had heard about this delay on the radio on my way in to work. Crazy. I know southwest flies to several locations in and around florida. You probably will just have to goto DSM first, or somewhere East (I'm not sure where any east hubs are after chicago).

Quail, don't worry about the golf. It's all in good fun. We are honestly just there to enjoy nice golf courses and have a good time. I've been to a good number of these. Scores range anywhere from mid-70s to 3-digits, and the guys who shoot 3 digits are always having just as much fun as the guys in the mid 70s. It's all about fun.

~Rock
I want to ecco what Rock is saying. This is about fun with THPers and scores really don't matter in that regard. Yes, one team will be taking home the golden cows (team Nebraska and friends), but the winners will be the people who have fun and I suspect that will be all of us.

I can't wait to bring a golden cow home even if I have to do it with Huskers and a Jayhawk :).

That's why we're the United Nations!

That's why we're the United Nations!

Much like the U.N., you guys have lost touch with reality.

Back