The Car Shopping Thread

I just forwarded the Lincoln pictures to my wife, she must be into the wine, "looks great, the best Uber has to offer"

A local Honda dealer has upgraded their location. There was an old indoor mall that was empty close to their old location. I needed to pick up a part I ordered. I couldn't believe how freaking huge this place was. It's just incredible. They are keeping the movie theatre that's in there.

a6d11e3477fc57490662acf850f1a2e5.jpg

As I was leaving this caught my eye.

85a87d952f180d1f8495ce90c04e5552.jpg

2016 Honda Accord Sport. Was a sharp looking car.

A local Honda dealer has upgraded their location. There was an old indoor mall that was empty close to their old location. I needed to pick up a part I ordered. I couldn't believe how freaking huge this place was. It's just incredible. They are keeping the movie theatre that's in there.

a6d11e3477fc57490662acf850f1a2e5.jpg

As I was leaving this caught my eye.

85a87d952f180d1f8495ce90c04e5552.jpg

2016 Honda Accord Sport. Was a sharp looking car.
I love the Accord sports. Can't beat it for the money.

I love the Accord sports. Can't beat it for the money.
It was sharp. It was under $27k the way it was equiped. If I didn't really want a pick up, I'd be looking at them. But...it might be dangerous for me
Slight lead foot.

I enjoy my jeep but the last several days I have been pondering trading it in for a pickup. Have the Tacoma and F150 on my mind. Not even sure why the pick up thought hit me.

The new F150 Raptor Eco Boost is really nice! :D
I enjoy my jeep but the last several days I have been pondering trading it in for a pickup. Have the Tacoma and F150 on my mind. Not even sure why the pick up thought hit me.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BUT...BUT....It's an EcoBoost!!

I kid. One of my co-workers has an F150 with the EcoBoost. Better HP and Torque than my V8 Dodge. The only issue I've got with the EcoBoost is that the fuel mileage (according to the owners I know) is no better than a V8. That kind of defeats the purpose of having the V6 IMO.

The owners you know must expect the same acceleration. :D

Lead feet and a turbo can easily equal single-digit fuel economy numbers.

BUT...BUT....It's an EcoBoost!!

I kid. One of my co-workers has an F150 with the EcoBoost. Better HP and Torque than my V8 Dodge. The only issue I've got with the EcoBoost is that the fuel mileage (according to the owners I know) is no better than a V8. That kind of defeats the purpose of having the V6 IMO.

The owners you know must expect the same acceleration. :D
Lead feet and a turbo can easily equal single-digit fuel economy numbers.

Well......that is certainly not a WRONG statement. :alien: And most of the owners I know do not dawddle down the road. LOL.

I'm getting in the 17-20 in my Dodge, and they're getting about the same. Not terrible Gas Mileage, just not great. Overall, I actually like the F150s better, better in cab amenities. The Dodge has been my dream truck since the body style change in the mid-90s. So I'm keeping it for a while, but when it comes time to change I may look at the Fords.

I'm not a Ford guy by any means, but if they resurrect the Ranger with crew cab, diesel, and 4wd with their rest of world 6 speed manual, I'd buy it.

I had one of mid-80s Ranger's. It was my first car. I destroyed that stupid thing. Over and over and over again. I never could kill it. Gas and a 5 Speed, but man that POS would not die. It was never pretty, and it smelled bad (especially since I learned to drive a stick with it.) but it was a great truck.

If I could get a decent Diesel engine in a chassis that small I'd think long and hard about it. Ultimately we use my truck as our travel vehicle because it's more comfortable for long distance driving than my wife's car, so it's not likely that I would buy one. But a 6 cyl diesel in a full size chassis.......I would own one of those.

it is nice but is out of my price range. If i go f150 it willow the xlt more than likely. I prefer full size pickups and usually SUVs which is what has mean leaning f150 but I really like the looks of the Tacoma.

I'm not a Ford guy by any means, but if they resurrect the Ranger with crew cab, diesel, and 4wd with their rest of world 6 speed manual, I'd buy it.

there has been news/rumors that the ranger is making a comeback. It was one of my favorite small pickups.

I was never a pickup man, until I borrowed my buddy's Tundra to haul some bulk mulch to the house from the the local nursery. Man, that ride was nice and lots of power too (I'm sure the mileage isn't all that great though). Started me thinking about the truck and what I could haul (like a boat which was on my wish list too)! In the end, I didn't want to get rid of my Lexus and couldn't warrant having the truck literally sitting there not being used (our minivan can haul almost all the stuff we normally need). Can't go wrong with the Tacoma or new F-150.

it is nice but is out of my price range. If i go f150 it willow the xlt more than likely. I prefer full size pickups and usually SUVs which is what has mean leaning f150 but I really like the looks of the Tacoma.

Yeah, I hear you. Price points have definitely kept me out of the pick up market for a long time.

there has been news/rumors that the ranger is making a comeback. It was one of my favorite small pickups.

The Latin American market Ranger is awesome.
fb060fd0c378d09164f6d4c55849b850.jpg

Yeah, I hear you. Price points have definitely kept me out of the pick up market for a long time.

They need that in the US. Nice!

i could easily get into a Silverado with family discount but they have issues and some I didn't know about until Jrod posted some in here.

that is a nice looking ranger

That is a nice looking truck. Any idea how roomy it is inside? Like is the back seat actually usable for anyone over the age of 8?

It was a lot more than the Chevy Classic. Not that it tells you much, but I was in Argentina where "normal" sized cars are almost nonexistent.
That is a nice looking truck. Any idea how roomy it is inside? Like is the back seat actually usable for anyone over the age of 8?

Emart I'd go with a Tacoma all day everyday, just hate the fact the fuel mileage isn't higher.

I actually looked at trading in my 3/4 diesel ram on one when we bought the wife's RAV4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know if you have any question on the F-150.

Also, the new Raptor won't come out until the VERY end of the year as a 2017 model, IF you can find one for sale at a decent price. MOST of them will go for no less than MSPR.

The new Ranger IS COMING, however what we are hearing is it will be a 2018 model (so they can refresh the current overseas look for the US market), most likely. Also, the Bronco will be making a comeback and probably as a 2018 model, too. At least that's the speculation as of now.

Last edited:
I like the look of that Ranger! They need to bring that here!

Let me know if you have any question on the F-150.

Also, the new Raptor won't come out until the VERY end of the year as a 2017 model, IF you can find one for sale at a decent price. MOST of them will go for no less than MSPR.

The new Ranger IS COMING, however what we are hearing is it will be a 2018 model (so they can refresh the current overseas look for the US market), most likely. Also, the Bronco will be making a comeback and probably as a 2018 model, too. At least that's the speculation as of now.

thanks. It's at least a couple months before I consider and the raptor is out of my price range even with a decent trade in on the jeep.

Emart I'd go with a Tacoma all day everyday, just hate the fact the fuel mileage isn't higher.

I actually looked at trading in my 3/4 diesel ram on one when we bought the wife's RAV4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was a little surprised that the mileage wasn't better. Why do you prefer the Tacoma?

thanks. It's at least a couple months before I consider and the raptor is out of my price range even with a decent trade in on the jeep.

i was a little surprised that the mileage wasn't better. Why do you prefer the Tacoma?

It's all good, hit me up if you want, when the time comes around. I'll do some leg work for you if you'd like.

PLUS, the current stock of 2015 F-150's are starting to get low, and SO FAR they are not throwing any rebates worth a darn on the 2016's. SOOOO, if you're a few months out, that's a good thing. PLUS, SYNC 3 will be on the 2016 model, where it's not on the 2015...and trust me, you want SYNC 3 over 2.

Bronco coming back?! Yes! I had one for a couple years in high school. Lifted with some 35 inch mud terrains. Was an absolute gas guzzler but so fun

Bronco coming back?! Yes! I had one for a couple years in high school. Lifted with some 35 inch mud terrains. Was an absolute gas guzzler but so fun

Yes, this is what we are hearing. It was part of the UAV Deal they struck with Ford. They wanted the Ranger and Bronco back and it sounds like Ford said, yes. It will be interesting to see what the Bronco looks like, to say the least!

Back